Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Thread: Update APN Settings

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    111
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hi Hpham, update. I got the 4G to work last night. I went back and realized I left out these // in one of the lines. Now the 4g kicks in when I turn off the wifi.
    This phone has a VERY sensitive touch screen sometimes. I'm going to decide by Monday to keep it or send it back. Most of the time it works great and I love it for rhe big 5.5" screen. The seller told me if I keep it he will give me a partial refund.
    Anyway I really appreciate your help. Thank you

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,017
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by david2233 View Post
    I got the 4G to work last night. I went back and realized I left out these // in one of the lines.
    Good to hear you got the APN working. I used to be a computer programmer, and a missing period can cause big trouble (in more ways than one )

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    6,143
    Device(s)
    G2, MotoG, Droid Mini, (retired: GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by david2233 View Post
    I'm going to decide by Monday to keep it or send it back.
    Depending on how much of a deal you got and how much he'd refund, I'd still be inclined to return it.

    Look up the bootloop issues the G4 and V10 has. It might be good for a year even 2, may only get a month or two.

    FWIW, you can get new G5s for $250 with full warranty. They don't have the issues the G4 and V10 had.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    111
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Depending on how much of a deal you got and how much he'd refund, I'd still be inclined to return it.

    Look up the bootloop issues the G4 and V10 has. It might be good for a year even 2, may only get a month or two.

    FWIW, you can get new G5s for $250 with full warranty. They don't have the issues the G4 and V10 had.
    The seller is sending me a prepaid return mailer because this LG G4 literally is unusable. It types without any input from me.
    Okay, my eyes are not as great as they used to be so I do like the larger screen. I have found a place that has the LG G5 and the Samsung Note 4 for close to the same price. They are unlocked new (old stock) I'm wondering is one superior to the other??

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    6,143
    Device(s)
    G2, MotoG, Droid Mini, (retired: GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    While the Note 4 is a great phone (too big for my liking) it's 3 years old.

    The G5 is only 1.5 years old, a bit easier to handle.

    The Note 4 is on 6.0 and won't get further updates. Pretty sure Samsung is not even releasing security patches anymore.

    The G5 is on 7.0 and will likely get 8.0.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    111
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    While the Note 4 is a great phone (too big for my liking) it's 3 years old.

    The G5 is only 1.5 years old, a bit easier to handle.

    The Note 4 is on 6.0 and won't get further updates. Pretty sure Samsung is not even releasing security patches anymore.

    The G5 is on 7.0 and will likely get 8.0.
    Thanks for answering. They seller is sending me a return mailer. However, This phone was acting crazy until yesterday. That's when it updated the software again. That was it's fourth update. Now it works perfectly and I really do like it. I assume update can fix problems. The seller offered me a choice of returning it or get a discount and keep it. I may keep my fingers crossed and keep it.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,228
    Feedback Score
    0
    Is this a Verizon G4 or what and what version Android and what build did it update to?

    Quote Originally Posted by david2233 View Post
    Thanks for answering. They seller is sending me a return mailer. However, This phone was acting crazy until yesterday. That's when it updated the software again. That was it's fourth update. Now it works perfectly and I really do like it. I assume update can fix problems. The seller offered me a choice of returning it or get a discount and keep it. I may keep my fingers crossed and keep it.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    111
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Is this a Verizon G4 or what and what version Android and what build did it update to?
    G4-->AT&T
    Android 6.0
    Build #MRA58K

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,228
    Feedback Score
    0
    That's the latest and probably last update it will get:
    https://www.att.com/devicehowto/tuto...G&model=G4H810

    Quote Originally Posted by david2233 View Post
    G4-->AT&T
    Android 6.0
    Build #MRA58K

  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    6,143
    Device(s)
    G2, MotoG, Droid Mini, (retired: GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by david2233 View Post
    I may keep my fingers crossed and keep it.
    Between the known problems with the product (there's even a class action suit against LG over it) and the specific issues you've had, I wouldn't.

    But it's your money.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,228
    Feedback Score
    0
    Read this and it might affect your decision to return your G4:
    https://www.xda-developers.com/lg-g3...curity-update/

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    111
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Read this and it might affect your decision to return your G4:
    https://www.xda-developers.com/lg-g3...curity-update/
    Well, me thinking that the problem has been fixed with the latest update ended yesterday afternoon. The G4 again started to act crazy. It keeps jumping from one thig to another on it's own. I'm sending it back tomorrow. No more LG's for this senior citizen.

    What I've been looking at is the Samsung Galaxy Note 5. These are new (old Stock) unlocked. Any opinion on the Note 5?

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    6,143
    Device(s)
    G2, MotoG, Droid Mini, (retired: GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by david2233 View Post
    What I've been looking at is the Samsung Galaxy Note 5. These are new (old Stock) unlocked. Any opinion on the Note 5?
    Note 5 is only a year newer than the Note 4, so still 2 years old. Have to look and see what Samsung is doing with support, but likely not much or for much longer. The 7 series mess may have got it a bit more time.

    Still a very big device.

    As I said, the LG G3, G4, V10 had some problems but the G5/V20/G6 are back to the old quality, like the G2 I currently use.

    The V20 and V30 are big phones like the Galaxy Note. The V20 prices might drop a lot with the V30 release Oct 5.

    If the G5 (RS988) had better 3rd party support I'd have one now. So waiting for the G7 release in Feb so G6 (US997) prices drop farther.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    111
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    What I've been reading is the LG G5 has a bunch of issues. Not as bad as the G4 but not good.
    Okay, say the phone is two years old like the Note 5. I believe it can update to 7.0. What would be wrong with that? Would it still work okay?
    By the way, I appreciate the help I get from the people on this forum.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    6,143
    Device(s)
    G2, MotoG, Droid Mini, (retired: GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by david2233 View Post
    What I've been reading is the LG G5 has a bunch of issues.
    Nothing wide spread or major.
    Most were when it first arrived and I think updates have resolved them.

    Okay, say the phone is two years old like the Note 5. I believe it can update to 7.0. What would be wrong with that? Would it still work okay?
    Sure it'll work fine. My G2 is much older. 5.0 was the last update from LG, and I'm still using 4.4.

    But, security updates are important. I know the risk and choose to take it. Like the recent Blue Borne issue.

    I would not recommend you take such risks without full understanding of the implications and how to mitigate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-20-2015, 06:09 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-18-2014, 01:42 PM
  3. internet.com APN setting and IP for MMS
    By ahdigo in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 12:38 AM
  4. GPRS APN setting...what is up with that?
    By Dorian in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2002, 08:02 PM
  5. New GPRS APN settings for IP access??
    By SFJeff in forum AT&T
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-06-2002, 08:22 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks