Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: problem adding 1-yr 400 unit card

Feedback Score

problem adding 1-yr 400 unit card

Greetings, I bought a 1-year 400 min card to add to my BYOP smartphone off Tracfone's website. The service date got extended correctly by a year, but no units got added to any of the buckets, minutes/texts/data. I already did chat with CSR, twice! They don't know how to update the account to add 1200/1200/1.2GB (I have 3x phone). Now they want me to call in, I have never ever called in and had a satisfactory resolution, all it does it waste 1-2 hours of my time. I guess I'm just venting, maybe Alex will see this and I can escalate it somehow. I'm about to give up on this company, how can such a simple add more service go wrong.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone(Verizon) Tracfone (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    One time I thought I had that kind of problem. I added time and units to my son's BYOP phone on my account but only saw the the new service end date. Next day the account showed the added amount in the 3 buckets.

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thomase View Post
    Greetings, I bought a 1-year 400 min card to add to my BYOP smartphone off Tracfone's website. The service date got extended correctly by a year, but no units got added to any of the buckets, minutes/texts/data. I already did chat with CSR, twice! They don't know how to update the account to add 1200/1200/1.2GB (I have 3x phone). Now they want me to call in, I have never ever called in and had a satisfactory resolution, all it does it waste 1-2 hours of my time. I guess I'm just venting, maybe Alex will see this and I can escalate it somehow. I'm about to give up on this company, how can such a simple add more service go wrong.
    If it doesn't update within a few hours, you should get on chat again and stay on until they correct the issue or submit a ticket for the issue. Of course, they'll say they can't submit a ticket.

I've had this same or similar issue happen twice before and once I stayed on chat until they updated the buckets to the correct amount. The other time, they gave me a toll-free number to call and a Customer Service PIN to get through. They said the PIN was good for 2 weeks but when I entered it a week later, it said it was invalid. I was still able to get through to a CS rep who was able to look into the issue and add the minutes/texts/data.

The other option is to call executive resolutions at 305-715-6500 x1029
    Or if you want them to call you to resolve it, submit a complaint to FCC or BBB Miami.

Don't count on any response from TracFoneAlex, the TF rep here. The person(s) behind that account are worthless.

There are several ways to resolve it but you have to fight for it. Don't give up.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Was this for Tracfone Verizon service? I had this issue with getting a 1 GB data purchase added. Finally had to submit an FCC and BBB - Miami complaint to get it solved. Miami Resolutions out right lied and told me I had used the data when in fact I had not. I got a faster response from the BBB complaint but others seemed to have just as fast a response with the FCC complaint. The FCC person will call you. Good luck on getting this resolved and do not give up. I had 3 chats and a call to Miami Resolutions before I went the BBB/FCC direction so I gave them a chance to fix it.

Feedback Score
    Well after 3 different chat sessions, and one phone call, I got 400 units added to each bucket. They actually deactivated and reactivated the number, because all my old voice messages are now inaccessible. On top of that, they wouldn't give me 3x unit value, saying my smartphone does not qualify for that. I thought that was only for new BYOP phones, I've had the same BYOP phone and service for >2 years. That makes my 1 year 400 unit card a bad deal.

@mathfaster, yes it was Tracfone Verizon. I had exactly the same problem as you adding 1GB only card on a different phone. The bucket never went up, they kept claiming I used it! I had to convince 2-3 CSRs and finally the last one gave me the 1GB saying they would only do that one time adjustment. I would say if you ever add data and it doesn't show up within a couple minutes, immediate start a CSR chat. At least they will know there's no way you could have used it up in that short time.

Feedback Score
    I'm also open to any suggestions of better Verizon based MVNO to switch to. I've had so many problems adding time/units to my tracfone I'm about to give it up and switch when my buckets run out.

Feedback Score
    Same problem as you . The date was extended but nothing else. next morning still no update but after camping trip a week later everything was fine.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I'm also open to any suggestions of better Verizon based MVNO to switch to. I've had so many problems adding time/units to my tracfone I'm about to give it up and switch when my buckets run out.
    What is your typical monthly voice/text/data usage?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Since I'm a really low volume user and don't really care about the phone number I have now, I'm looking at Red Pocket's $60 1 year plan on Ebay. Choice of any carrier. Always a risk with an MVNO they could go under at any time. Tracfone probably not as likely since they are the biggest.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Well after 3 different chat sessions, and one phone call, I got 400 units added to each bucket. They actually deactivated and reactivated the number, because all my old voice messages are now inaccessible. On top of that, they wouldn't give me 3x unit value, saying my smartphone does not qualify for that. I thought that was only for new BYOP phones, I've had the same BYOP phone and service for >2 years. That makes my 1 year 400 unit card a bad deal.

@mathfaster, yes it was Tracfone Verizon. I had exactly the same problem as you adding 1GB only card on a different phone. The bucket never went up, they kept claiming I used it! I had to convince 2-3 CSRs and finally the last one gave me the 1GB saying they would only do that one time adjustment. I would say if you ever add data and it doesn't show up within a couple minutes, immediate start a CSR chat. At least they will know there's no way you could have used it up in that short time.
    It's time to file that complaint with the FCC or BBB-Miami.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    File both reports, do not let Tracfone get away with cheating you out of so much money.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    The incompetence of this company is astounding. Just to think when it couldn't get worse, when I first did the chat, the CSR for unknown reasons deactivated a completely different phone my son is using. Not even the number I was trying to add my 400 unit card to! I have no idea why they did that. I got two emails, one saying his number got deactivated, and another saying it was reactivated. I didn't think much of it then, even though it had nothing to do with the phone number I was trying to add the 400 card to. Now my son has notified me his phone is no longer working!

Feedback Score
    Why would they have any reason to be looking at your son's number? Did his number or phone come up in your chat sessions or any recent communications with them

The incompetence of this company is astounding. Just to think when it couldn't get worse, when I first did the chat, the CSR for unknown reasons deactivated a completely different phone my son is using. Not even the number I was trying to add my 400 unit card to! I have no idea why they did that. I got two emails, one saying his number got deactivated, and another saying it was reactivated. I didn't think much of it then, even though it had nothing to do with the phone number I was trying to add the 400 card to. Now my son has notified me his phone is no longer working!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Why would they have any reason to be looking at your son's number? Did his number or phone come up in your chat sessions or any recent communications with them
    I have no idea nor do they. After yet another 2 chat sessions, they reactivated the unrelated phone and added the buckets back in.

For the original problem, where the 400 units didn't get credited, they had no explanation other than a "glitch" in their system. They assured me it was nothing I had done nor could I have prevented it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast