Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a new phone....

Feedback Score
    Thats the HSN bundle i wanted, tonight i looked at it & it had free shipping. None of the other Tracfone bundles looked like they had free shipping. It also flashed a sellout risk notice so you got it while the getting was good. It sounds like a nice phone & i hope it works well for you! 🐸

Quote Originally Posted by Gooose View Post
    I ordered the Samsung Galaxy Luna Pro 5". It's CDMA but it looks like Version and T-Mobil overlap in most of mid coast maine. We well see how well that goes. I'll probably be around asking more questions about it when it comes in.

https://www.hsn.com/products/samsung...xtdata/8525372

I did get the $25 code. What Smartphone cards should I be looking at.

Feedback Score
    You missed this one with free shipping:
    https://www.hsn.com/products/samsung...xtdata/8381682

Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    Thats the HSN bundle i wanted, tonight i looked at it & it had free shipping. None of the other Tracfone bundles looked like they had free shipping. It also flashed a sellout risk notice so you got it while the getting was good. It sounds like a nice phone & i hope it works well for you! 🐸

Feedback Score
    Yep, i just saw there was a 2nd Tracfone with free shipping, but u beat me to posting it. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    You missed this one with free shipping:
    https://www.hsn.com/products/samsung...xtdata/8381682

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    They should, until Tracfone decides otherwise.
    It will be interesting to watch as Tracfone wiggles out of this one. To cancel these 3X cards or make them unusable in the future. For those who have already purchased these "older" SIM kits.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post

When you've received the phone and ready to do the transfer, come back here and we'll advise you on the best way to do it.
    I'll be getting the Luna Pro on Thursday and want to transfer the minutes, days and phone number to the new phone. What's the best way you mentioned?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'll be getting the Luna Pro on Thursday and want to transfer the minutes, days and phone number to the new phone. What's the best way you mentioned?
    We recommend that you contact TF to have service transferred from your old phone to the new phone during activation of the new phone. It should be done during ONE contact. Use Chat instead of calling TF, because everything will be recorded in the Chat's transcript, and if something goes wrong you can contact TF again, refer to the ticket number and the next rep can look at that chat transcript. That will save you the burden of proving what your previous balance was. At the end of the Chat, copy the chat transcript from your computer screen and paste it into a document file on your computer for safekeeping. There's an option for you to enter your email address and have the chat transcript sent to you, but it's not very reliable.

The main thing is to ask the rep at the beginning of the chat to give the balance and expiration date of your current phone. That way, the balance info will be in the transcript and it comes from the rep, not you. Then ask for the new balance and expiration date after the activation. Also, be sure to ask for a ticket number before the chat ends.

You can try now to see if you can get to Chat. Go to TF web site, click on HELP-->Contact Us-->you should see an Online Chat option and a red box to click on. If you don't see it, check and see if you're running a pop-up blocker which prevents the red box from popping up.

Below is the transcript of my transfer to give you an idea of how to conduct it.

Kyle: Hi! How may I help you today?
    You: Could you give me the balance of my phone 785-xxx-xxxx ?
    Kyle: I will be more than happy to provide you the information.
    Kyle: Upon checking your account, it shows that you have 4xxx minutes for voice/calling, 7xxx text messages and 7.3 gigabytes of data remaining.
    You: what is the service end date for that phone?
    Kyle: Your Service End Date will be on xx/xx/2019
    Kyle: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
    You: I'd like to activate a new phone with a transfer from my phone 785-xxx-xxxx.
    Kyle: I will be more than happy to assist you with that.
    Kyle: May I ask the serial number of the new phone?
    You: 354 062 xxx xxx xxx
    Kyle: Before we proceed with your request, I will ask a security question first for you to validate this account.
    You: yes
    Kyle: May I ask what was the name of your High School?
    You: [my high school name]
    Kyle: Let me go ahead and process your request. Allow me one moment.
    Kyle: I am almost done.
    You: ok
    Kyle: I already processed your request. And the ticket number or reference for this transaction will be 11709xxxxx.
    Kyle: Kindly make sure that the old phone is off.
    Kyle: We will now wait for the activation to be completed.
    You: The new phone comes with 1-yr service and 1200/1200/1200. Could you give me the new expiration data and balance?
    Kyle: As of right now, the activation is not yet completed.
    Kyle: Allow me another two minutes.
    Kyle: Thank you for patiently waiting.
    Kyle: Kindly try to turn your new phone off and back.
    Kyle: Let me know if it is on.
    You: The phone was turned off and now back on.
    Kyle: Okay.
    Kyle: Kindly try to make a call and let me know if it works.
    Kyle: Let me know if it is working now.
    Kyle: Is it working now?
    You: The phone can make calls now. Could you give me the new expiration date and balance?
    Kyle: Great.
    Kyle: Yes.
    Kyle: Kindly call your phone as well to make sure it can also receive phone calls.
    You: ok. wait please.
    Kyle: Sure.
    You: yes. it can receive calls.
    Kyle: I am still waiting for my system to generate your account balance.
    Kyle: Upon checking your account, it shows that you have 5xxx minutes for voice/calling, 8xxx text messages and 8.5 gigabytes of data remaining.
    Kyle: Your Service End Date will be on xx/xx/2020.
    You: All is well. Thank you very much.
    Kyle: You are welcome. It is my pleasure.

Feedback Score
    We recommend that you contact TF to have service transferred from your old phone to the new phone during activation of the new phone. It should be done during ONE contact. Use Chat instead of calling TF, because everything will be recorded in the Chat's transcript, and if something goes wrong you can contact TF again, refer to the ticket number and the next rep can look at that chat transcript. That will save you the burden of proving what your previous balance was. At the end of the Chat, copy the chat transcript from your computer screen and paste it into a document file on your computer for safekeeping. There's an option for you to enter your email address and have the chat transcript sent to you, but it's not very reliable.

The main thing is to ask the rep at the beginning of the chat to give the balance and expiration date of your current phone. That way, the balance info will be in the transcript and it comes from the rep, not you. Then ask for the new balance and expiration date after the activation. Also, be sure to ask for a ticket number before the chat ends.

You can try now to see if you can get to Chat. Go to TF web site, click on HELP-->Contact Us-->you should see an Online Chat option and a red box to click on. If you don't see it, check and see if you're running a pop-up blocker which prevents the red box from popping up.

Below is the transcript of my transfer to give you an idea of how to conduct it.

Kyle: Hi! How may I help you today?
    You: Could you give me the balance of my phone 785-xxx-xxxx ?
    Kyle: I will be more than happy to provide you the information.
    Kyle: Upon checking your account, it shows that you have 4xxx minutes for voice/calling, 7xxx text messages and 7.3 gigabytes of data remaining.
    You: what is the service end date for that phone?
    Kyle: Your Service End Date will be on xx/xx/2019
    You: I'd like to activate a new phone with a transfer from my phone 785-xxx-xxxx.
    Kyle: I will be more than happy to assist you with that.
    Kyle: May I ask the serial number of the new phone?
    You: 354 062 xxx xxx xxx
    Kyle: Before we proceed with your request, I will ask a security question first for you to validate this account.
    You: yes
    Kyle: May I ask what was the name of your High School?
    You: [my high school name]
    Kyle: Let me go ahead and process your request. Allow me one moment.
    Kyle: I am almost done.
    Kyle: I already processed your request. And the ticket number or reference for this transaction will be 11709xxxxx.
    Kyle: Kindly make sure that the old phone is off.
    Kyle: We will now wait for the activation to be completed.
    You: The new phone comes with 1-yr service and 1200/1200/1200. Could you give me the new expiration data and balance?
    Kyle: As of right now, the activation is not yet completed.
    Kyle: Allow me another two minutes.
    Kyle: Thank you for patiently waiting.
    Kyle: Kindly try to turn your new phone off and back.
    Kyle: Let me know if it is on.
    You: The phone was turned off and now back on.
    Kyle: Kindly try to make a call and let me know if it works.
    Kyle: Let me know if it is working now.
    Kyle: Is it working now?
    You: The phone can make calls now. Could you give me the new expiration date and balance?
    Kyle: Great.
    Kyle: Yes.
    Kyle: Kindly call your phone as well to make sure it can also receive phone calls.
    You: ok. wait please.
    Kyle: Sure.
    You: yes. it can receive calls.
    Kyle: I am still waiting for my system to generate your account balance.
    Kyle: Upon checking your account, it shows that you have 5xxx minutes for voice/calling, 8xxx text messages and 8.5 gigabytes of data remaining.
    Kyle: Your Service End Date will be on xx/xx/2020.
    You: All is well. Thank you very much.
    Kyle: You are welcome. It is my pleasure.
    hpham thank you for posting this.
    Either tomorrow or the next day I will be activating my Rebel 2 with a transfer/port in from my BYOP account that is in my beloved LG Phoenix 2.

The account will then be on the SIM card in the Rebel 2.

After this, is all I have to do is put the SIM card the Rebel 2 into my freshly unlocked Moto E4?

Nothing more than that?

Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2
    *After All, There Is Nothing Real Outside Our Perception Of Reality, Is There?*

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    The account will then be on the SIM card in the Rebel 2. After this, is all I have to do is put the SIM card the Rebel 2 into my freshly unlocked Moto E4? Nothing more than that?
    That should be all you need to do. The E4 comes with an APN for Verizon service, and it should be automatically selected. There's a setting for Preferred Network and the options are: LTE, 3G, 2G with LTE is the default.

Feedback Score
    That should be all you need to do. The E4 comes with an APN for Verizon service, and it should be automatically selected. There's a setting for Preferred Network and the options are: LTE, 3G, 2G with LTE is the default.
    Thank you so much!!

I have a lot of work to do setting up the phone with everything and all of my apps and passwords. Not looking forward to all that but once it's set up I'll be thrilled.
    I've used my Phoenix 2 for such a long time.

Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2

Feedback Score
    Back to the SIM KITS.
    I have a few of the older ones. 3X.

Just purchased 5 SIM KITS at Best Buy (shipped). All will be returned to Best Buy as they are not 3X even though the picture on Best Buy shows the 3X kits. The picture on Best Buy web site shows the 3X kits. But what I got is the newer non 3X kits. Returning them.

Of course, time will tell if Tracfone will honor the older 3X SIM kits. And I may never get a BYOP.

Feedback Score

Thanks for this post, it's very helpful. I will try this tomorrow.

I've taken off all the blockers in Firefox, Pale Moon and IE - which is completely barren of protection, and nothing has the red box to click. What is the suggestion with just a phone conversation?

I have three TF numbers: 1 800 867 7183 and 1 800 378 9575 and 1 800 876 5753 which is the BEST?
    Last edited by Gooose; 10-04-2017 at 02:04 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score

I've taken off all the blockers in Firefox, Pale Moon and IE - which is completely barren of protection, and nothing has the red box to click. What is the suggestion with just a phone conversation?

I have three TF numbers: 1 800 867 7183 and 1 800 378 9575 and 1 800 876 5753 which is the BEST?
    Try chrome.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    Try chrome.
    I did, it was on a different computer. It did allow me to see the red chat box.

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score

I use both tracfone.com website chat and fb chat link in Firefox with protection enabled, no problems. Which version are you on?
    My (Our) Phone History AaG:
    Tracfone (Vz) since '08 < BYOP/Vzw HTC Desire 526 since '16 < Huawei Glory H868C '14 < LG800g '12? < Motorola W376g '08
    Verizon & Sprint '05 < Razr+LG Cosmos 2 & LG Optimus '05
    Alltel & Cingular '03 < A Flip '03
    AT&T '01 < A Flip '01

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracbourne View Post
    I use both tracfone.com website chat and fb chat link in Firefox with protection enabled, no problems. Which version are you on?
    Version 47 because I don't want the newer versions to break the add ons I have on all the time and everything I want on works. It's possible not all the protection was disabled in FF but Chrome worked.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast