Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a new phone....

Feedback Score
    All done. Samsung Luna Pro activated via Chat and it went well. All minutes, days and phone number transferred to the new phone. Very fast compared to old phone. Thanks for the help everyone.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Good to hear the transfer went well. How's Verizon signal strength on the new phone compared to AT&T on your old 840G. If you need help transferring your contact list from the 840G to the Luna Pro, let us know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Good to hear the transfer went well. How's Verizon signal strength on the new phone compared to AT&T on your old 840G. If you need help transferring your contact list from the 840G to the Luna Pro, let us know.
    Honestly it's kind of hard to tell. But at the moment the edge is towards verizons signal being better, but I just activated the phone tonight so only time will tell. Call quality is improved over the 840g. Thanks Again.

Feedback Score
    I ordered the Luna Pro package with the 1 year of service and it arrived today. But the front of the box says 30 day plan. Did they send me the wrong thing?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Can you give the complete wording of what is says about the 30-day plan? The bundled 1-yr and units are automatically loaded at activation. There's nothing on the box about it.

Feedback Score
    Here is a scan of the box. So I should be okay then?

Name:  LunaPro.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  59.7 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That's just an advertising on how little you can spend per month on TF, referring to the $15 smartphone-only card. It has nothing to do with the bundled 1-yr and units. You can rest easy.

Feedback Score
    Cool, thanks.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    You do understand that you bought one of the new phones that does not Triple? You must use the Smartphone Only airtime plans. You cannot use the older pay as you go plans any longer with your new phone. Your new phone is the same as Single Minutes for Life. Let us know if you are still confused about what airtime to add in the future.

Feedback Score
    Are the smartphone plans really that much worse than regular plans with triple minutes? I thought they were close.
    And then, one can also use another phone to reload, correct? That's often the least expensive way I think.

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FT_VZW View Post
    Are the smartphone plans really that much worse than regular plans with triple minutes? I thought they were close.
    No they are not worse, Prices are equivalent or better!
    (right click and choose View Image to see full size)
    Name:  compareTracfone-plans-Oct2017.png
Views: 120
Size:  86.7 KB

And then, one can also use another phone to reload, correct? That's often the least expensive way I think.
    The way tracfone works, it's always been possible to transfer & stack service from one device to another. It's just gotten "easier" to do!
    My (Our) Phone History AaG:
    Tracfone (Vz) since '08 < BYOP/Vzw HTC Desire 526 since '16 < Huawei Glory H868C '14 < LG800g '12? < Motorola W376g '08
    Verizon & Sprint '05 < Razr+LG Cosmos 2 & LG Optimus '05
    Alltel & Cingular '03 < A Flip '03
    AT&T '01 < A Flip '01

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What do you mean by using another phone to reload? You can move units/service from one phone to a new phone bundle as part of activation and combine the units/service. If you were to merge two phones both with minutes/service(neither is a new bundle), the units/service on the phone being transferred to would be zeroed out as part of the merge.

Feedback Score
    So far so good. Phone reception is very good, phone is really quick. Went down to Connecticut and everything worked beautifully, Waze worked really well. Got some LK tempered glass screen protectors and a new case from Amazon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mathfaster View Post
    What do you mean by using another phone to reload? You can move units/service from one phone to a new phone bundle as part of activation and combine the units/service. If you were to merge two phones both with minutes/service(neither is a new bundle), the units/service on the phone being transferred to would be zeroed out as part of the merge.
    I know. I was referring to using a donor phone, or upgrading the phone like once a year.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooose View Post
    So far so good. Phone reception is very good, phone is really quick.
    Biggest thing I saw going to a smartphone was the difference in WiFi performance. Getting on public WiFi was often very difficult with the feature phones. Going from an 840G to a Luna Pro is quite a leap!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast