Thread: Sprint tower looking sloppy

Feedback Score

Sprint tower looking sloppy

This tower has been like this for at least a year or two if not longer. Are they allowed to leave a cable just hanging like that? Looks really sloppy. 99% sure it’s sprint tower...one that would most likely be decommissioned in a merger with T-Mobile as T-Mobile has a site less than half a mile awayName:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1506619667.419974.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  32.0 KB

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Where are the leaves and branches that are supposed to make it look like a tree?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    This tower has been like this for at least a year or two if not longer. Are they allowed to leave a cable just hanging like that? Looks really sloppy. 99% sure it’s sprint tower...one that would most likely be decommissioned in a merger with T-Mobile as T-Mobile has a site less than half a mile awayName:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1506619667.419974.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  32.0 KB
    Could be, but band 41 towers have to be on a much more closely and precisely spaced grid than others because of the high frequency/ short wavelength, so in general Sprint towers used for band 41 (which is most of them) will be staying where they are, and be a big asset to the merged company for 5G.

In fact, there will need to be a lot more added as well as they densify coverage for 5G's short wavelengths.

Others here or on S4gru.com should be able to identify Sprint antennas from a photo and location.
    Last edited by comintel; 09-29-2017 at 12:42 AM.

Feedback Score
    What’s strange is that it’s only a two sector site, with a three sector boom. That cable is maybe a RET cable that’s obviously come loose.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcuzdave View Post
    What’s strange is that it’s only a two sector site, with a three sector boom. That cable is maybe a RET cable that’s obviously come loose.
    A long long time ago it did have three sectors on it.

Device(s)
    S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Sprint's towers all seem to look like crap compared to Verizon or AT&T. I'll see 4+ large panels per sector on Verizon, and then there's Sprint with just one small panel per sector.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus / Apple iPhone 7 / Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    This tower has been like this for at least a year or two if not longer. Are they allowed to leave a cable just hanging like that? Looks really sloppy. 99% sure it’s sprint tower...one that would most likely be decommissioned in a merger with T-Mobile as T-Mobile has a site less than half a mile away
    It's a Sprint site running off Alcatel-Lucent equipment..
    The boxes are a giveaway that it's a Sprint site..

Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    Sprint's towers all seem to look like crap compared to Verizon or AT&T. I'll see 4+ large panels per sector on Verizon, and then there's Sprint with just one small panel per sector.
    It guess Sprint isn't trying too hard in NH, since the Sprint cell sites I see are 3 sectors with 3 antennas for CDMA/PCS LTE and B41 LTE and while the ex-Clearwire/Nextel sites are 3 sectors with 2-3 antennas. The Verizon Wireless cell sites I usually see come with 9 antennas.
    Last edited by i0wnj00; 09-29-2017 at 11:18 AM.

Device(s)
    S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    It guess Sprint isn't trying too hard in NH, since the Sprint cell sites I see are 3 sectors with 3 antennas for CDMA/PCS LTE and B41 LTE and while the ex-Clearwire/Nextel sites are 3 sectors with 2-3 antennas.
    Must be, almost all sites here are either B25/B26 only or band 25 only.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    They only need one panel per sector for LTE/Network vision with the newer technology. But normally they would have a second panel for 2500.
    Sprint user since 1997

Feedback Score
    Yeah, pretty dangerous. Could accidentally garrotte any 43-foot-tall man who walks by...