Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: John Legere: 5 Years: Uncarrier from the Inside Out

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    and super-high unlocking fees make Verizon my third choice among the top 4 carriers
    As ksych1 pointed out Verizon's prepaid unlocking fees are lower than the $100 needed to unlock T-Mobile's prepaid devices. So it's pretty absurd that you would use a policy that is actually superior to T-Mobile's to rank Verizon lower than T-Mobile.

In addition, you completely ignore the fact that all of Verizon's postpaid devices are unlocked out of the box whereas T-Mobile's postpaid devices are locked when purchased.

So your whole complaint about Verizon's "super-high unlocking fees" is not legitimate at all.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    The aspect where Verizon phones shine is being able to use them on other carriers. A droid can easily be used on both att and T-Mobile although maybe not all the bands. An unlocked T-Mobile phone should easily work on att but not Verizon. That's where Verizon phones being unlocked really comes in handy. So to me using Verizon phones on GSM carriers is quite easy nowadays. Def easier than using a Verizon prepaid phone on their postpaid without using it on prepaid first.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    I agree. With having a T-Mobile plan I'm happy with I think I could get by just fine with T-Mobile and Netflix.
    Cable TV could also improve a lot if you didn't have to pay for 28 garbage channels you will never watch in order to get 1 desired channel.

If Applebee's restaurants were run like Cable TV, you'd go in to order a baby-back rib dinner. and be made to spend $230 for your meal as they pile your table with tapas, corn cobs, prime ribs, 16 different types of wraps, hot dogs, 63 cheeseburgers, two soup tureens, and three five-gallon buckets of salad.

Yet, they hold on to the "force people to mostly buy full-price unwanted garbage to get one thing they want" business model just like a Titanic captain steering toward an iceberg.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    Legre is passionate about what he's doing. Calling out something as BS is spot on. I might see where the "F Bombs" are the extreme but once again that's who he is.

I like his attitude.

I have occasion to drive in central Florida in between the area of I4-I75-I95-I10. T-Mobile is tough there as well as SW Florida. I can understand why Eustis may not have good coverage but south of Sarasota is weak.

If you want to take T-Mobile for a test drive why not get a line on an MVNO like Mint and give it a run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I still to this day do not understand why service is so bad south of Sarasota, FL.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by james4209 View Post
    I still to this day do not understand why service is so bad south of Sarasota, FL.
    It's gotten a lot better than it used to be. A few years ago it was almost unusable down here. They still have trouble areas in SW Florida no doubts. Once you are off the main corridors of 75 and 41 you can run into some coverage issues and indoor coverage remains a problem even in strong TMobile areas, but compared to how they were just a few years ago it is much improved. I don't discredit anyone who says they had a terrible TMobile experience down here as this is perfectly plausible and there are areas still where that would be likely, I also wouldn't discredit anyone who said they had a good experience down here as the reverse holds true, there are areas where service is just fine and you will find no issues.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ksych1 View Post
    It's gotten a lot better than it used to be. A few years ago it was almost unusable down here. They still have trouble areas in SW Florida no doubts. Once you are off the main corridors of 75 and 41 you can run into some coverage issues and indoor coverage remains a problem even in strong TMobile areas, but compared to how they were just a few years ago it is much improved. I don't discredit anyone who says they had a terrible TMobile experience down here as this is perfectly plausible and there are areas still where that would be likely, I also wouldn't discredit anyone who said they had a good experience down here as the reverse holds true, there are areas where service is just fine and you will find no issues.
    It did improve slightly after the Continuum 700A purchase and subsequent deployment. I thought I would hold out for even greater improvements but it appears to have stalled. Compared to Verizon and AT&T its still pretty bad, especially indoors. Unfortunately I got tired of waiting and switched back to Verizon once they started offering unlimited this year.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4