Thread: port screw ups :(

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    att & verizon (resellers of course)
    Feedback Score

port screw ups :(

today I tried to port in via redpocket for 1 of the $1 sprint accounts.. but some how it was screwed up... basically one of my numbers is in limbo probably never to be recovered... my remaining 9 months = gone and I definitely think this merits a fcc complaint... and ebay/paypal chargeback

So given my google voice port maybe wasn't successful best way to port-in??

How do you do a truphone port?

How would a att/h20 prepaid sim go? or how do you do one?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theemaster View Post
    today I tried to port in via redpocket for 1 of the $1 sprint accounts.. but some how it was screwed up... basically one of my numbers is in limbo probably never to be recovered... my remaining 9 months = gone and I definitely think this merits a fcc complaint... and ebay/paypal chargeback

Ports can be reversed within a 60 day period. It is called "winback". You should be able to request that action to be initiated from the original carrier to recover the errant number.

I have ported successfully to Sprint from Tello using Redpocket as an intermediate step, and also from GoPhone and from Ring.to. Prepaid numbers should be fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Ports can be reversed within a 60 day period. It is called "winback". You should be able to request that from the original carrier to recover the errant number....
    Thanks I didn't know that.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude. I fear fascism is here in the US. [fascism: government led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition & criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., & emphasizing an aggressive nationalism & often racism]

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket Essential Plan
    Feedback Score

Are you trying to port from Red Pocket to Sprint? Where does Google Voice come in? Ports to and from Google Voice are somewhere between very, very difficult and impossible.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Porting a # out of most MVNOs results in the loss of any remaining credit or remaining service.

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Ports can be reversed within a 60 day period. It is called "winback". You should be able to request that action to be initiated from the original carrier to recover the errant number.

I have ported successfully to Sprint from Tello using Redpocket as an intermediate step, and also from GoPhone and from Ring.to. Prepaid numbers should be fine.
    my number was not ported it was just deleted.. redpocket had the gaul yesterday to tell me my number was never activated and other such ********.. I sent them some information to show the contrary.. and mums the word from them

when redpocket deletes your account what can you really do?

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    my number was not ported it was just deleted.. redpocket had the gaul yesterday to tell me my number was never activated and other such ********.. I sent them some information to show the contrary.. and mums the word from them

Try their Chinese support.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by FriedRice1 View Post
    Try their Chinese support.
    The communication in this thread, including what really happened and/or what is even the final goal, is terrible!

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    well the only good news I have is redpocket said they have a ticket open for my deletion/whatever aka they say they're working on it..

I will probably chat with support tomorrow to see if there is any news..? but I gave them my truphone # and they never called me nor left a message (but I have been putting sprint sim's into my phones so that's excusable)

also my deleted redpocket att sim still works.. it's actually been assigned a local # (it has no data though ) but it can make long distance calls out...
    Name:  2017-09-28 crop.png
Views: 138
Size:  37.5 KB

Name:  9-29-17 crop.png
Views: 138
Size:  57.7 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    The communication in this thread, including what really happened and/or what is even the final goal, is terrible!
    and I don't necessarily care to share or clarify details.. sorry girls no story to gossip about..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    Are you trying to port from Red Pocket to Sprint? Where does Google Voice come in? Ports to and from Google Voice are somewhere between very, very difficult and impossible.
    I have ported both in and out of Google Voice with ease. Both ports took less than a day. This was in the past 3 months.