Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 97

Thread: Verizon Complains to NAD About T-Mobile's Fastest LTE Network Claim

  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    303
    Feedback Score
    0
    Whatever T-Mobile did or didn’t change in their advertising is a minor point; I just think it’s hilarious that Verizon is essentially saying “we might be faster than T-Mobile if we didn’t throttle and de prioritize our users”.

    Just based on that alone, Legere has it right; T-Mobile is America’s best (and fastest) network.

    It’s also pretty funny that Verizon likes to use Rootmetrics based on their controlled (and clearly biased) testing. I’d take millions of real users tests over some Verizon shill company any day. And the argument that someone could do a bunch of speed tests to sway the results doesn’t hold water. Verizon customers could do the same to sway the results. I also don’t believe that a bunch of us are staying up all night doing speed tests to try and make one carrier appear faster.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,491
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ksych1 View Post
    Do you have evidence of this claim?
    Yes. Here is the recommendation from NAD.

    "NAD recommended T-Mobile discontinue claims that it has the fastest 4G LTE network. "

    Here is T-Mobile's response. I have added emphasis to their statement as you seemed to have trouble finding that:

    “NAD previously recognized third-party crowd-sourced data as a way to look at network performance, so we looked at the latest results, and verified what we already knew! T-Mobile is still the fastest LTE network and we’ll continue to let consumers know that!

    http://fortune.com/2017/09/29/t-mobi...network-claim/

    So despite NAD recommending that T-Mobile discontinue claims that they are the fastest network they stated that they will continue.


    Or is this something you think based on cherry picked out of context quotes? This seems to be your only source of your assumption.
    No cherry picking nor assumption was needed. They are stating quite definitively that they are going to continue to state what NAD recommended that they not state.

    But if you have any evidence Legere said he is going to totally ignore NAD's ruling
    My evidence is their statement which is posted.

    "NAD ruled that the one month of crowd-sourced data we submitted (when Verizon launched their unlimited plan) could not be used,” T-Mobile said in a statement.
    I'm not ignoring that. In fact, despite acknowledging that, T-Mobile then stated: "T-Mobile is still the fastest LTE network and we’ll continue to let consumers know that!"

    Which taken with all the other statements would lead one to believe they will not be continuing to use the same one month crowd sourced data that they were using before.
    Doesn't matter what data they use! The only point is they have decided not to accept this recommendation from NAD:

    "NAD recommended T-Mobile discontinue claims that it has the fastest 4G LTE network. "

    You incorrectly stated that they would "tweak their advertising some to comply under what NAD recommended". In regards to this recommendation, that is clearly not the case. Now that they have made their position clear, it's up to NAD and Verizon to either drop it or escalate it.

    What Legere did do though is tweet something with a new slogan which I wouldn't be surprised if it does become Tmobiles new slogan going forward.
    That's just your speculation that it will be a "new slogan". But that doesn't change the fact that they stated:

    "T-Mobile is still the fastest LTE network and we’ll continue to let consumers know that!"

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    186
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post


    You incorrectly stated that they would "tweak their advertising some to comply under what NAD recommended".
    Well when you see ads or tweets that say America's fastest lte network please post them to prove my assumptions wrong. Until then I feel I proved my case well enough as to why I feel I am correct. I believe the tweets from Legere show his intentions of what he is pushing going forward and saying America's best as opposed to America's fastest is indeed tweaking your advertising some. If you find otherwise I'm sure you will post it with a I told you so. It shouldn't be hard to find one if they are going to continue using the fastest slogan. Time will tell.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,491
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ksych1 View Post
    Well when you see ads or tweets that say America's fastest lte network please post them to prove my assumptions wrong. Until then I feel I proved my case well enough as to why I feel I am correct.
    So you're basically assuming that T-Mobile lied in its statement that it just made when it said that "T-Mobile is still the fastest LTE network and we’ll continue to let consumers know that!". You've provided no evidence that T-Mobile won't continue to let consumers know that it's the fastest even though they said they would do exactly that. So I don't know how you could have proven any case.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,491
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ksych1 View Post
    If you find otherwise I'm sure you will post it with a I told you so. It shouldn't be hard to find one if they are going to continue using the fastest slogan.
    Says it right on their website currently:

    " confirming that we have the fastest, most available 4G LTE network"

    https://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/4g-lte-network

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    186
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    So you're basically assuming that T-Mobile lied in its statement that it just made when it said that "T-Mobile is still the fastest LTE network and we’ll continue to let consumers know that!". You've provided no evidence that T-Mobile won't continue to let consumers know that it's the fastest even though they said they would do exactly that. So I don't know how you could have proven any case.
    I'm not sure where you come up with some of the things you try to argue. Do you just make them up in your head to try to have an argument? I never said that at all, what I said was they would likely tweak their advertising to both fall in line with the ruling and also convey the same message. Everything else you just made up for god knows what reason. Boredom? Just an argumentive person who thinks everyone has to agree with you? Think you're king? I'm not sure of your reasons for it but it is quite amusing. Once you find a tweet or an ad that supports what you claim, that they will flat out ignore NAD's ruling and use the same one month report that NAD ruled can't be used, please show them. Thank you. You haven't convinced me I am incorrect yet. I have no problem being wrong, I just don't feel I am and nothing you've shown has convinced me otherwise.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    186
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Says it right on their website currently:

    " confirming that we have the fastest, most available 4G LTE network"

    https://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/4g-lte-network
    You mean this?

    Seems to support what I said all along, seems to be their slogan going forward. America's Best Unlimited Network. What do you call me saying that? Speculation on my part? They sure are plastering it everywhere for just speculation aren't they?


    But I suspect you mean this


    Are the reports they are using the same 30 day reports that NAD said they couldn't use? If not they are using different data to reach their conclusions. Which is a different source. Judging by the date of August 2017 there in small print I'd safely assume they are indeed not using the 30 day report NAD ruled against. Now you asked before did NAD say other reports can be used, no, why would they? Those werent part of the original complaint. They're not going to rule on reports that Verizon didn't complain about. If Verizon has an issue with the reports TMobile is using now, they can file a separate complaint calling those into question. But it is safe to see that they have indeed tweaked their advertising to relay the same message to their customers or future customers. Which is all I ever said they would do. I based my opinion on what they would do based on their past. This isn't Tmobiles first rodeo with NAD on their advertising. http://www.asrcreviews.org/nad-recom...verage-claims/

    TMobile just slightly tweaked their ads back then also.
    Last edited by ksych1; 10-01-2017 at 02:02 PM.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    217
    Feedback Score
    0
    This is just Verizon running to mommy over their brother building a better clubhouse than they did and crying foul. Looking for any reason to get mommy to punish them.Verizon is a lame duck these days

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,675
    Device(s)
    Gold 128 GB iPhone 7+ Intel, whatever the cat dragged in
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ksych1 View Post
    Do you have evidence of this claim? Or is this something you think based on cherry picked out of context quotes? This seems to be your only source of your assumption. You just pick the one quote you feel validates what you are saying. If you take all the quotes though, and apply them to all the information available I believe it paints a much clearer picture than the one you try to paint. But if you have any evidence Legere said he is going to totally ignore NAD's ruling and continue with the same exact ads that NAD ruled against I wouldn't mind reading that. It would be an interesting read. You seem to totally ignore the first part of that statement from TMobile which says

    "NAD ruled that the one month of crowd-sourced data we submitted (when Verizon launched their unlimited plan) could not be used,” T-Mobile said in a statement.

    Which taken with all the other statements would lead one to believe they will not be continuing to use the same one month crowd sourced data that they were using before. But if you have evidence they are still going to use it please post that.
    Welcome back dnywlsh/dtwmd/whatever your third username was. How many times do you need to be caught trolling under a new username and a VPN? Your demeanor is the same across all accounts and you argue the same exact topics using the same semantics tactic.

    Back on topic… I agree with T-Mobile on this issue. They've been consistently fastest for years across nearly every single 3rd party test. Verizon has clearly taken a hit in speed with unlimited and they just need to keep adding carriers/macros/small cells/256QAM/4x4 MIMO/LTE-LAA.

    Galaxy S7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 30 10 MHz PCC + Band 4 10 MHz SCC1 + Band 12 10 MHz SCC2
    iPhone 7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 4 10 MHz PCC + Band 2 10 MHz SCC1 + Band 12 5 MHz SCC2

    -

    Intel iPhone 7 Plus- AT&T Unlimited Plus

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    14,025
    Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodor View Post
    Crowd sourced speed tests are very not very scientific. They are completely uncontrolled, and could be easily skewed. If 10,000 Sprint customers ran speed tests each day only on band 41, at 3am, I'm sure that would raise Sprint's over all network speed. But would it be realistic?
    I wonder how difficult it would be for Verizon to find out which IMEIs RootMetrics is using for their network tests and assign them VIP priority?
    Donald Newcomb

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,931
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7, Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    It sure does make VZ look like a whiny little "B" though, doesn't it? "Mom!, they said they were Faster! Make them stop".
    Half the stuff the T-Mobile CEO posts makes him sound like a whiny *****.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    303
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yeah Legere is over the top sometimes but his so-called “whining” has brought prices down across all carriers and forced even Verizon to bow to unlimited. Well, as “unlimited” as that company is willing to do anyway. They’re at least forced to compete to some degree.

    I’ll take some over the top marketing over “do-nothing AT&T” and “screw the customer over and over Verizon” any day.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    186
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Welcome back dnywlsh/dtwmd/whatever your third username was. How many times do you need to be caught trolling under a new username and a VPN? Your demeanor is the same across all accounts and you argue the same exact topics using the same semantics tactic.

    Back on topic… I agree with T-Mobile on this issue. They've been consistently fastest for years across nearly every single 3rd party test. Verizon has clearly taken a hit in speed with unlimited and they just need to keep adding carriers/macros/small cells/256QAM/4x4 MIMO/LTE-LAA.
    Not sure who those are but what semantics tactics are you referring to? All I said was TMobile likely wouldn't just ignore the ruling as jet1000 suggested they do and would likely just change a word or 2 in their advertising to both comply with the ruling and shut Verizon up, would likely tick them off also. In case you missed my opinion, I think it's petty for Verizon to even file a complaint about it, but, it's what companies do so with that I think by reading all the quotes reports and findings instead of raising a big stink about it TMobile will likely just tweak their advertising slogans some to shut everyone up. It seems they are just going to say they are America's best unlimited network instead.

    If you wanna know the truth though I think America's best unlimited network sounds better than America's fastest lte network anyways. Saying you're the best gives people a better impression than just saying you're the fastest, you'd want your football team to be the best, doesn't overly matter if they're the fastest. What about you? Think they'll just flat out ignore the rulings or think they'll just stay with using the best instead? I'm pretty sure all my posts on the subject were on topic, as me and jet1000 were in fact discussing the NAD ruling and how TMobile would react to it, I'm sorry you view it as trolling, but I disagree with your view on it.

    As far as jet1000 I've seen posts where people complain and whatnot about him, but not sure why. He just strongly believes in what he believes in. Nothing wrong with that, would rather have someone stand up for what they believe rather than back down and just say you're right. I just found it funny he is arguing so hard for something that really is minor. I think TMobile following the NAD ruling sticks it to Verizon more than ignoring it does. Imagine being Verizon thinking you won something, but TMobile still gets the same message across loud and clear, by following the NAD recommendations. It's a win win for them. TMobile can easily convey the same message to customers and follow the ruling.
    Last edited by ksych1; 10-01-2017 at 11:40 PM.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,491
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ksych1 View Post
    what I said was they would likely tweak their advertising to both fall in line with the ruling and also convey the same message.
    Yes, you said that.

    However, to remind you, the recommendation was:

    "NAD recommended T-Mobile discontinue claims that it has the fastest 4G LTE network. "

    and their response was:


    “NAD previously recognized third-party crowd-sourced data as a way to look at network performance, so we looked at the latest results, and verified what we already knew! T-Mobile is still the fastest LTE network and we’ll continue to let consumers know that!”

    So the bottom-line is NAD recommended that they discontinue claims that they're the fastest and they stated they will continue to claim they're the fastest. Hence they're not going to accept the recommendation from NAD per their own statement.

    Everything else you just made up for god knows what reason.
    I didn't make up anything. I provided my source for everything.

    Once you find a tweet or an ad that supports what you claim,
    I already posted a direct link to their website where they continue to openly state:

    " we have the fastest, most available 4G LTE network"

    https://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/4g-lte-network

    It's right on there. It says they have the fastest network. If you or Verizon or the NAD have a problem with that, then you take it up with T-Mobile. T-Mobile said they are going to continue to let consumers know they're the fastest and they are advertising that exactly that. So stop asking me for some support of my claim----you already got one.

    If you think their network is so very slow, send your complaints to: [email protected]

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,357
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Name:  tmobilefastestlte1-800x263.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  23.7 KB

    https://www.macrumors.com/2017/10/02...g-lte-network/

    T-Mobile now cites new OpenSignal and Ookla data on its website collected later in 2017. T-Mobile says it plans to continue on with its advertisements using the new data.

    "On the fastest LTE network challenge, NAD ruled that the one month of crowd-sourced data we submitted (when Verizon launched their unlimited plan) could not be used," said T-Mobile Senior VP of corporate communications Janice Kapner. "NAD previously recognized third-party crowd-sourced data as a way to look at network performance, so we looked at the latest results, and verified what we already knew! T-Mobile is still the fastest LTE network and we'll continue to let consumers know that!"

    "We did say we'd comply with NAD's recommendation, and we will, but that means we won't rely solely on the specific data we submitted. We have taken the NAD's concerns into consideration and are confident we have robust data that addresses them and proves, once again, that we have the fastest LTE network," a company spokesperson told Ars.

    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 02:54 PM
  2. what is verizon trying to pull (about ending contract)
    By jeremyjudkins in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-12-2007, 08:01 PM
  3. Everything you wanted to know about windows Mobile 6.0
    By Dave Evans in forum Windows Mobile (Before 7)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-17-2007, 08:24 AM
  4. What to do about T-Mobile Rebate
    By ItsPat in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2004, 10:30 PM
  5. Will complaining to Nextel about bad reception help?
    By marky03 in forum General Nextel Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2002, 03:19 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks