Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: HSN TF bundle SAMSUNG

Feedback Score
    👾must just have a phone bug👾
    That's a hoot 😵i must... I must get another Tracfone... 😵 5"... Maybe a 6"... 16gb, work my way to a byop 32gb... Right. Time to quit! 😌

😅😕😆

Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    It's okay - we all seem to go through this. It's good you are aware of your condition - and the universe is trying to help you with the payment rejection. So maybe you should quit looking for phone deals unless you can justify to yourself why you need another phone - otherwise new phone deals will constantly be tempting you .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    It's okay - we all seem to go through this. It's good you are aware of your condition - and the universe is trying to help you with the payment rejection. So maybe you should quit looking for phone deals unless you can justify to yourself why you need another phone - otherwise new phone deals will constantly be tempting you .
    You are among friends here.
    A lot of us have this affliction.

We're cell phone enthusiasts.
    I prefer that to cell phone addicts.
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    👾must just have a phone bug👾
    That's a hoot 😵i must... I must get another Tracfone... 😵 5"... Maybe a 6"... 16gb, work my way to a byop 32gb... Right. Time to quit! 😌

😅😕😆

Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2
    *After All, There Is Nothing Real Outside Our Perception Of Reality, Is There?*

Feedback Score
    Only us cellphonephiles in the HoFo, 😵 & here I am up at 1am researching phones again after laying off the phone affliction (I mean, affection) for a few HoFo-less hours.

I was considering the AT&T Phoenix 2 & 3 at Best Buy, the 3 reported to be inferior to the P2, & some comments at TracFonereviewer.com said the Phoenix was working on Tracfone's service by sleight of SIM. They didn't say they used an unlock code. I noticed a "wonderful" Phoenix 2 was mentioned in the post footnote, is it possible to use a TF byop AT&T sim in the Phoenix 2 or 3 without the unlock code? If not I guess I could use it on H20 Wireless. The P3 is 39.99 at Best Buy & P2 65.99 clearance. The P2 reviews sound better. Both being 16gb they are attractive at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    You are among friends here.
    A lot of us have this affliction.

We're cell phone enthusiasts.
    I prefer that to cell phone addicts.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was considering the AT&T Phoenix 2 & 3 at Best Buy, the 3 reported to be inferior to the P2, & some comments at TracFonereviewer.com said the Phoenix was working on Tracfone's service by sleight of SIM. They didn't say they used an unlock code. is it possible to use a TF byop AT&T sim in the Phoenix 2 or 3 without the unlock code? If not I guess I could use it on H20 Wireless.
    The screen resolution of the P3 is inferior to the P2. You can use a TF AT&T SIM in a P2 without getting it unlocked. Don't know about H2O.

Feedback Score
    Thankyou much for the info on the P2 & P3. Particularly on the SIM. H20 is AT&T based, I have their $10/90 day paygo plan in a AT&T z222 flip & the SIM was swapped into an AT&T Alcatel Ideal but that one only does calls & short texts on H20, it wouldn't accept H20 APN updates. I would have to do it manually.

Would be nice if the P2 would accept the H20 APN on SIM insertion like the z222 did. If it would run on Tracfone that might be better, too bad I can't still get a TMFL byop SIM kit at the local Rite Aid or Walmart. Otherwise it's smartphone only plans.

Would you say the P2 is better than this Samsung that's at Best Buy for 69.99? The j3 Luna Pro with 16gb:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tracfon...?skuId=5889561

Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    The screen resolution of the P3 is inferior to the P2. You can use a TF AT&T SIM in a P2 without getting it unlocked. Don't know about H2O.

Feedback Score
    Only us cellphonephiles in the HoFo, 😵 & here I am up at 1am researching phones again after laying off the phone affliction (I mean, affection) for a few HoFo-less hours.

I was considering the AT&T Phoenix 2 & 3 at Best Buy, the 3 reported to be inferior to the P2, & some comments at TracFonereviewer.com said the Phoenix was working on Tracfone's service by sleight of SIM. They didn't say they used an unlock code. I noticed a "wonderful" Phoenix 2 was mentioned in the post footnote, is it possible to use a TF byop AT&T sim in the Phoenix 2 or 3 without the unlock code? If not I guess I could use it on H20 Wireless. The P3 is 39.99 at Best Buy & P2 65.99 clearance. The P2 reviews sound better. Both being 16gb they are attractive at that price.
    My Wonderful LG Phoenix 2 is unlocked.
    I got it unlocked when AT&T was unlocking them free for non customers.
    I've read that they are not as generous as they used to be in giving the unlock codes to non customers anymore.
    I bought mine on Black Friday last year from Bestbuy.com and wish I had known how great this phone is because I definitely would have gotten at least 1 more as a backup.
    But yesterday I bought a new Moto E4 and from what I have been reading here on HoFo it sounds like a good one.

I used my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2 first on Net10 running T-Mobile for 7 months using the Family Dollar steal deal kits. When the 7 months were up I put my AT&T Tracfone SIM in it and have been using it since then. I did have to have Tracfone switch my account to a nano SIM from the micro SIM I was using in one of my Lumia 640s.

If you can get a Phoenix 2 you probably won't be disappointed. I'm very impressed with it.
    And I've had a lot of phones in my time.

A stupid amount of phones.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Would you say the P2 is better than this Samsung that's at Best Buy for 69.99? The j3 Luna Pro with 16gb:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tracfon...?skuId=5889561
    The hardware specs of those two phones are similar. The Samsung has Android 6.0, and being a TF-branded phone it will never get any software or security updates. When I bought the P2, it had Android 6.0 but a few months ago got updated to Android 7.0; it also got several security updates from AT&T.

Feedback Score
    I just put a recently expired AT&T TF branded Alcatel Pixi Unite tmfl sim in an unactivated AT&T prepaid Alcatel Ideal & it showed the TF tel # in the settings/ phone info section, & i was able to call the *777*1# balance inquiry code to get the ending balance on the TF. It expired 9/28 but still within the 60 day grace period where i could still add funds to renew it.

The phone acted as if it accepted the sim & might have worked if the phone was still actively in service.

The question is, if i put funds on the TF i could use the sim in the AT&T Alcatel Ideal or an AT&T LG Phoenix & in a sense convert the Phoenix into a tmfl TF.

Some niggling suspicion says its probably not that easy, that doing the swap could scroodle something up with my TF account or balance but has anyone here ever used a TF tmfl sim in an AT&T gophone on a longterm basis without unlocking the AT&T, &had full use of the calling, texting, data features or was the AT&T partially impaired in any way? If its feasible i might rather try the Phoenix 2 than the TF branded Samsung for the potential service flexibility. The Samsung is cdma.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The question is, if i put funds on the TF i could use the sim in the AT&T Alcatel Ideal or an AT&T LG Phoenix & in a sense convert the Phoenix into a tmfl TF.

Some niggling suspicion says its probably not that easy, that doing the swap could scroodle something up with my TF account or balance but has anyone here ever used a TF tmfl sim in an AT&T gophone on a longterm basis without unlocking the AT&T, &had full use of the calling, texting, data features or was the AT&T partially impaired in any way?
    I've used the SIM from a TF-branded Sunrise L15G in several BYOP GSM phones (ZTE Maven, Lumia 640, Moto G 1st-gen). TF/AT&T voice and data service worked just fine.

P.S. What size is the SIM from the Pixi Unite? The Phoenix 2 uses nano SIM.
    Last edited by hpham; 10-01-2017 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Added P.S.

Feedback Score
    Micro SIM.

I've used the SIM from a TF-branded Sunrise L15G in several BYOP GSM phones (ZTE Maven, Lumia 640, Moto G 1st-gen). TF/AT&T voice and data service worked just fine.

Feedback Score
    Micro meaning the mid sized SIM (standard, micro, nano). Just lucky the two cells used the same size. If the P2 uses a nano then definitely the Pixi's sim wouldn't work in the P2 unless there's a sim holder or adapter that could bridge the gaps. Or would have to do a tmfl byop sim kit activation. Thats the best reason to check sim size in specs before buying a phone. My H20 Wireless byop kit has a nano, micro & standard & that could've fit the P2. I've used the micro in the AT&T Ideal then back into the standard holder for the zte flip.

I appreciate the info i get in this forum, i've learned a lot. 🎶 🐸🎶

Feedback Score
    🐱i almost went & bought the P2 & a byop sim kit at Best Buy after reading the posts answering my questions, but i had it on my to do list to call HSN & find out why they rejected my debit again when trying to buy the 5" Samsung Luna Pro bundle. They had told me my debit would be fine for a single payment but rejected it when i tried to do it that way online.

Well, the CSR actually said she would place the order for me... I had been told before by a CSR the $25 coupon code could only be used online but she placed the order for me & so now i will have to wait & see how it goes with the HSN bundle before buying any more phones. I still may try to get a Phoenix 2 from Best Buy if its still in stock next month, if the HSN doesnt work right &needs returned. If not for the years service on the HSN phone i would've opted to buy the Phoenix. It sounds good.

Thankyou for answering my posts, it helped me a gr8 deal to make some critical decisions. 🐢📲💬

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    My Wonderful LG Phoenix 2 is unlocked.
    I got it unlocked when AT&T was unlocking them free for non customers.
    I've read that they are not as generous as they used to be in giving the unlock codes to non customers anymore.
    I bought mine on Black Friday last year from Bestbuy.com and wish I had known how great this phone is because I definitely would have gotten at least 1 more as a backup.
    But yesterday I bought a new Moto E4 and from what I have been reading here on HoFo it sounds like a good one.

I used my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2 first on Net10 running T-Mobile for 7 months using the Family Dollar steal deal kits. When the 7 months were up I put my AT&T Tracfone SIM in it and have been using it since then. I did have to have Tracfone switch my account to a nano SIM from the micro SIM I was using in one of my Lumia 640s.

If you can get a Phoenix 2 you probably won't be disappointed. I'm very impressed with it.
    And I've had a lot of phones in my time.

A stupid amount of phones.

Feedback Score
    🐱i almost went & bought the P2 & a byop sim kit at Best Buy after reading the posts answering my questions, but i had it on my to do list to call HSN & find out why they rejected my debit again when trying to buy the 5" Samsung Luna Pro bundle. They had told me my debit would be fine for a single payment but rejected it when i tried to do it that way online.

Well, the CSR actually said she would place the order for me... I had been told before by a CSR the $25 coupon code could only be used online but she placed the order for me & so now i will have to wait & see how it goes with the HSN bundle before buying any more phones. I still may try to get a Phoenix 2 from Best Buy if its still in stock next month, if the HSN doesnt work right &needs returned. If not for the years service on the HSN phone i would've opted to buy the Phoenix. It sounds good.

Thankyou for answering my posts, it helped me a gr8 deal to make some critical decisions. 🐢📲💬
    Good God calm down.

Sent from my R1 HD using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    What's buggin you

Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Good God calm down.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Good God calm down.

I appreciate the enthusiasm of a newly addicted phone fanatic.
    I remember when I was first afflicted.

It was new and fun and exciting!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast