Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: HSN TF bundle SAMSUNG

Feedback Score
    And now that it's been years, how have things changed?

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    I appreciate the enthusiasm of a newly addicted phone fanatic.
    I remember when I was first afflicted.

It was new and fun and exciting!!

Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2

Feedback Score
    I appreciate the enthusiasm of a newly addicted phone fanatic.
    I remember when I was first afflicted.

It was new and fun and exciting!!

I just have waaaaaay too many.
    I have bagged up 11 pounds of phones and donated them.
    I still have 3 full large grocery bags full of retired phones to go through and weed out the non essential parts of the Big Collection.
    It just seems to take over and at some point I just need to take back my space.
    I can never get a real count on them all because when I start I get sidetracked and start playing around with them and lose track.
    I've got around 31+ pounds of phones in the retired phones bags.
    And just over a dozen in the I'm really really going to use them drawer.

Plus another box of the nicer older ones like my very first Android, the G1.

Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    And now that it's been years, how have things changed?

*After All, There Is Nothing Real Outside Our Perception Of Reality, Is There?*

Feedback Score
    I still have 3 full large grocery bags full of retired phones to go through and weed out the non essential parts of the Big Collection.
    I can never get a real count on them all because when I start I get sidetracked and start playing around with them and lose track.

Wow. I don't know how one becomes addicted to phones, but to each their own.

Feedback Score

I need to show this to SWMBO. She thinks I am out of control with seven phones, a tablet, an old iPod Touch, and a Mifi. The iPod and most of the phones are old or from previous services. Three of the phones are Sprint phones from the Ringplus days. I did not want Sprint service if I had to pay for it.

I have a Phoenix 2 too. It was too good to pass up last Black Friday for $30 with an additional $10 discount from Best Buy. I would agree that it is wonderful for a $20 phone except for the camera which is mediocre.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyT View Post
    Wow. I don't know how one becomes addicted to phones, but to each their own.
    It started with 1 cute little Nokia bar phone that I bought at a garage sale for a dollar.....

Then I needed a little phone to carry when I would be walking home from my after school job in case there was an emergency or something.
    Got a Tracfone and it's been either downhill or uphill depending on how you look at it.

I started trading phones with my former cell phone mentor who I met here years ago and he'd send me boxes of phones after that.

He got me hooked on Android with my first Android, the G1.

Also got me hooked on Windows phone with the Nokia Lumia 710.

And got me hooked on The Walking Dead.

I'm trying to weed out the non useful ones and ones that were not very good to begin with.

I've stopped going to garage sales and don't buy cheap junkers just because they are cheap.

They have to be usable and of decent quality or yield service like the LG Rebel 2 will.

My new Moto E4 is going to be a good replacement for my beloved LG Phoenix 2.

I think I'm doing pretty good now.
    I still have a lot to weed out but I will and I'll be fine.

There is no 12 step program for we cell phone enthusiasts.

Feedback Score
    What's your criteria for deciding whether to buy another new phone or not when you have so many working good phones already on multiple carriers?

Why did your Phoenix 2 need to be replaced by the E4? Something wrong with it? Just wondering.

I'm hoping to not buy any more phones for myself this year. We'll see if anything irresistible hits me during Black Friday sales .

It started with 1 cute little Nokia bar phone that I bought at a garage sale for a dollar.....

Then I needed a little phone to carry when I would be walking home from my after school job in case there was an emergency or something.
    Got a Tracfone and it's been either downhill or uphill depending on how you look at it.

I started trading phones with my former cell phone mentor who I met here years ago and he'd send me boxes of phones after that.

He got me hooked on Android with my first Android, the G1.

Also got me hooked on Windows phone with the Nokia Lumia 710.

And got me hooked on The Walking Dead.

I'm trying to weed out the non useful ones and ones that were not very good to begin with.

I've stopped going to garage sales and don't buy cheap junkers just because they are cheap.

They have to be usable and of decent quality or yield service like the LG Rebel 2 will.

My new Moto E4 is going to be a good replacement for my beloved LG Phoenix 2.

I think I'm doing pretty good now.
    I still have a lot to weed out but I will and I'll be fine.

There is no 12 step program for we cell phone enthusiasts.

Feedback Score
    What's your criteria for deciding whether to buy another new phone or not when you have so many working good phones already on multiple carriers?

Why did your Phoenix 2 need to be replaced by the E4? Something wrong with it? Just wondering.

I'm hoping to not buy any more phones for myself this year. We'll see if anything irresistible hits me during Black Friday sales .
    I use my beloved Phoenix 2 almost constantly and the battery life is getting shorter and shorter and it's getting close to a year since I got it. Black Friday last year.
    The Rebel 2 bundle was kind of a no brainer since the 1 year service time extension from Tracfone with no minutes or anything else is $50 versus the Rebel 2 bundle being $37.72 with everything else included.

The Moto E4 has some very nice specs for the money and I was going to keep an eye out for this one for a Black Friday deal at hopefully $40 or so. But I'm not really a fan of ZTE phones so the Moto E4 was more attractive to me.
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/at-t-go...?skuId=5883860

The specs for the LG Rebel 2 phone were disappointing but the included buckets of service were what got me to grab it.

I've been very tempted by other bundles in the recent past but pairing this bundle with the $25 off coupon was just too tempting.

I figure getting a few new ones a year isn't going to be too bad. I will actually get use from these acquisitions.

Device(s)
    TF ZTE Max Duo
    Carrier(s)
    TF Verizon LTE
    Feedback Score
    Now that's disappointing!
    I was about to ask you what your next phablet was going to be.

Feedback Score
    It's still early, but nothing on my list yet . How about your list?

Quote Originally Posted by Turtley View Post
    Now that's disappointing!
    I was about to ask you what your next phablet was going to be.

Device(s)
    TF ZTE Max Duo
    Carrier(s)
    TF Verizon LTE
    Feedback Score
    It's still early, but nothing on my list yet . How about your list?
    You know I ask you this every year.. I've been eyeing the Moto Nexus 6 XT1103.

This thread is going off topic. Hopefully the OP doesn't mind.

Feedback Score
    Nope, WheelieBoot's been bit by the phone bug and won't mind hearing more ideas .

You know I ask you this every year.. I've been eyeing the Moto Nexus 6 XT1103.

This thread is going off topic. Hopefully the OP doesn't mind.

Feedback Score
    The thread isn't off topic, its whatever anyone wants it to be. Thats when i learn the most, just listening, i don't learn much when i'm blabbing.

Enjoyed the story about the bags measured in pounds. I thought i was going to be viewed as in excess with a big camera bag full of old phones under the bed, some small ones stuffed full, & 6 phones on the bedside table. When i go out walking i take my z222 flip in a pocket &save the smart flatphones for WiFi browsing. Its still easier to talk on a basic flip.

Thanks for the humor, can think of this thread now as the informal phone thread lounge. ;-0

Nope, WheelieBoot's been bit by the phone bug and won't mind hearing more ideas .

Feedback Score
    WheelieBoot,
    Yay! The lounge. People who don't like fun and excitement need to keep out .

Your last post was emoticon-free . .. . How come? That's not like you. They make me laugh .

SnowyWhite,
    You should keep at least one phone with each of the different versions of Android as you go through your bags.

Device(s)
    TF ZTE Max Duo
    Carrier(s)
    TF Verizon LTE
    Feedback Score
    It's still early, but nothing on my list yet .
    The Nexus 6 doesn't have a microSD card slot. Let me know if you have your eye on a phablet you like.

Feedback Score
    Unless I see a steal of a deal 6" phablet which comes with Nougat or Oreo, I don't want another phone. I have backups to backups to backups ad nauseum and they are all working fine for my needs.

The Nexus 6 doesn't have a microSD card slot. Let me know if you have your eye on a phablet you like.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast