Thread: Cannot Use Nexus 5x on Sprint 1 dollar plan

Feedback Score

Cannot Use Nexus 5x on Sprint 1 dollar plan

I have an unlocked Nexus 5X which was active on Tello.

I ported out the Tello number to another prepaid service.

I tried to use the Nexus 5X on the Sprint $1 plan and I was informed that the device was ineligible for the $1 plan.

I tested the device's MEID number with Twigby and I was given the green light to go ahead.

What is wrong with Sprint?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mcd320 View Post

What is wrong with Sprint?
    Ummm...lol!

Feedback Score
    Sprint is funny. You need to have them change the flag on the phone to be able to use it on postpaid. Just ask tello to do it for you. They have done it for me before. You can get a more immediate change done with sprint if you chat online and manage to find someone who knows what you are talking about and/or can transfer you to the techincal team via chat. Good luck with that. Many haven't a clue or will offer to submit a ticket or something else. I've had it done with a different phone on the chat in 5 minutes. So it is possible to get someone who knows what they are doing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jb82 View Post
    Sprint is funny. You need to have them change the flag on the phone to be able to use it on postpaid. Just ask tello to do it for you. They have done it for me before. You can get a more immediate change done with sprint if you chat online and manage to find someone who knows what you are talking about and/or can transfer you to the techincal team via chat. Good luck with that. Many haven't a clue or will offer to submit a ticket or something else. I've had it done with a different phone on the chat in 5 minutes. So it is possible to get someone who knows what they are doing.
    Correct - the ownership flag needs to be reset from PLBL back to SPCS after use on an MVNO. Some mvno's are setting it back automatically when you leave, and some not.

Sprint can do it for you as described by jb82.

Or, LiterallyUnlimited on reddit and slickdeals (who works for Ting) is doing these en masse on request for any and all. Just send him your IMEI privately.

For details see:
    https://slickdeals.net/f/10235008-on...#post105230664

I would suggest that people do it whichever way works first in parallel since the free deal expires at month-end (unless further extended) and the $1 deal may change then also.
    Last edited by comintel; 09-29-2017 at 09:07 PM.