Thread: Iphone activation

Feedback Score

Iphone activation

Hi Y'all,
    I bought a refurb Iphone 5s from Tracfone and activated it with a new phone number. I then acquired a ST/TW Iphone SE from Walmart and moved the 5s SIM into it. The SIM is AT&T. I now would like to transfer the service from an LG 305c feature phone to the 5s and use AT&T. I have FD BYOP Sim kits. How would I do this?

Is there any way to take a screen shot of the service on the LG 305c? Would Tracfone chat have a record of the service days and time left? Is it possible to do the transfer on the website?

Thanks for any help.

Feedback Score
    You don't really activate the phone. You activate the SIM. Select an appropriate SIM from one of your kits and contact Chat. Have the agent confirm your balance on the LG305C and transfer everything to the SIM. It might take a while since the phone number is going from Verizon to AT&T. Verizon is kind of difficult to deal with sometimes.

This information will be different if you're dealing with a Verizon SIM.

You should make a note of the Parameter 30 and Parameter 0 on the LG306C before you start. Tracfone does not rely on those values verbally from you anymore but they could be helpful if there is a dispute. Tracfone can now read them directly from the phone but not if they have been wiped. The Chat agent may give you a wipe code that zeroes out the Parameters after the transaction so that they cannot be reused.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    You don't really activate the phone. You activate the SIM. Select an appropriate SIM from one of your kits and contact Chat. Have the agent confirm your balance on the LG305C and transfer everything to the SIM. It might take a while since the phone number is going from Verizon to AT&T. Verizon is kind of difficult to deal with sometimes.

This information will be different if you're dealing with a Verizon SIM.

You should make a note of the Parameter 30 and Parameter 0 on the LG306C before you start. Tracfone does not rely on those values verbally from you anymore but they could be helpful if there is a dispute. Tracfone can now read them directly from the phone but not if they have been wiped. The Chat agent may give you a wipe code that zeroes out the Parameters after the transaction so that they cannot be reused.
    How do I check Parameter 30 and Parameter 0 on the LG 305c?
    The 5s is Tracfone branded and not byop so will a byop Sim work in it?
    Is there any way to transfer service on the website to avoid chat?
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DougEll View Post
    How do I check Parameter 30 and Parameter 0 on the LG 305c?
    Look for Code Entry Mode, I believe it may be a setting under Prepaid. When you get it , you will have a keypad. Type *#30 and the Parmeter 30 value will appear. Similarly with Parameter 0 - *#0. I'm going from memory of the feature phones. Someone reading might have an LG 305c and will post up more details, hopefully.

The 5s is Tracfone branded and not byop so will a byop Sim work in it?
    Is there any way to transfer service on the website to avoid chat?
    A byop sim will work in Tracfone-branded phone.

You might be able transfer using the website since it appears that Trafone now have access to the Parameter 30 and Parameter 0 information without having to get the information from the customer as onetime was the case. If you do use the website, please report back. Be sure to take a screenshot of the Paqrameter 30 and Parameter 0 values. Website transfers are reliable for the most part but if the transfer doesn't complete successfully you might need those values when dealing with CS.

The main reason to use Chat is that you can verify the balance and the successful transfer in a single session and have a record of the information.

Good luck!

Feedback Score
    A byop sim will work in Tracfone-branded phone.

You might be able transfer using the website since it appears that Trafone now have access to the Parameter 30 and Parameter 0 information without having to get the information from the customer as onetime was the case. If you do use the website, please report back. Be sure to take a screenshot of the Paqrameter 30 and Parameter 0 values. Website transfers are reliable for the most part but if the transfer doesn't complete successfully you might need those values when dealing with CS.

The main reason to use Chat is that you can verify the balance and the successful transfer in a single session and have a record of the information.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

I found the Parameter 30 and Parameter 0 values. When I was looking around, I found Parameter 17 which listed end date and minutes.

How do I take a screenshot on an LG 305c? I can take a picture of the screen with another phone if that would be good enough.
    Thank!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    How do I take a screenshot on an LG 305c? I can take a picture of the screen with another phone if that would be good enough.
    There's not a way to take a screenshot from the 305C itself. You can use another phone or camera to take a picture of the 305C's screen showing the balance, but if the phone number is not on that screen, it's not a very strong proof.

Feedback Score
    I found the Parameter 30 and Parameter 0 values. When I was looking around, I found Parameter 17 which listed end date and minutes.

A screenshot is not very valuable, as there is no easy way to send it to TF. Just having the 0 and 30 Parameter Code numbers is pretty good proof, as users can't interpret them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfu2215 View Post
    okYou might be able transfer using the website since it appears that Trafone now have access to the Parameter 30 and Parameter 0 information without having to get the information from the customer as onetime was the case. If you do use the website, please report back. Be sure to take a screenshot of the Paqrameter 30 and Parameter 0 values. Website transfers are reliable for the most part but if the transfer doesn't complete successfully you might need those values when dealing with CS.

Good luck!
    I tried to do the transfer on the website and a message came up that the service couldn't be read and to call customer service. I couldn't get the chat button to appear on Windows 8.1 computer using Firefox or Chrome. I did get it to appear on Chromebook. The CSR was complete!y useless and I ended up having to start over. The second CSR seemed to know what he was doing. At first I had " no service". After I turned the phone off and back on, the tfw symbol appeared but I still can't make calls. The Tracfone app shows "port in progress" and under that a button to activate. I assume I don't need to activate again. Since it's a cdma to gsm transfer, I'll give it up to 48 hours.
    Thanks so much to everybody who helped. I find Tracfone confusing and frustrating!

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Since it's a cdma to gsm transfer, I'll give it up to 48 hours.
    Thanks so much to everybody who helped. I find Tracfone confusing and frustrating!
    I just did a CDMA BYOP sim transfer to a ATT BYOP sim. Everything was tracfone - they don't have any trouble
    deactivating the "from" phone. But getting it transferred to the "to" phone is a challenge. After 3 days I had to
    do an on-line chat to get the deal finished. That only took about 15 minutes.

Feedback Score
    I would suggest people do a chat after 24 hours to check on the port status. The CSRs can spot problems and often seem to be able to push the port through.

Quote Originally Posted by weiden1 View Post
    I just did a CDMA BYOP sim transfer to a ATT BYOP sim. Everything was tracfone - they don't have any trouble
    deactivating the "from" phone. But getting it transferred to the "to" phone is a challenge. After 3 days I had to
    do an on-line chat to get the deal finished. That only took about 15 minutes.