Thread: 32 MetroPCS stores robbed during Florida hurricane

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

32 MetroPCS stores robbed during Florida hurricane

Now we know why Metro still requires manual activation... Can't trust some of the scum bags out there..... Lowest of the low.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2017/09/20...etro-pcs-irma/
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    It's crazy how some people act. A few months ago a vehicle ran through the door of my local T-Mobile store to rob it

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    What kind of safe is that? You know a storm is coming so why not take the phones offsite and leave empty cases with signs saying all phones have been moved?
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Authorities made it known to the public that they would not be able to patrol these areas due to the storm. This gave the green light to the punks who rather steal for a living as opposed to getting a job.

Always the lowest form of society taking advantage of times like this.

Device(s)
    Iphone 5 se, Iphone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    T mobile, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Yeah Metro phones are like T-Mobile phone all they have to do is pay some unlocking company to have access to the app for unlocking. So these phones will work flawlessly outside of the US. So they just made a jackpot. Also most METROPCS stores are operated by shady dealers that milk people for every little penny to do anything. I still feel bad for the dealer because if they do not have insurance the are going to have a hard time getting inventory.

Feedback Score
    It's weird how different areas react to situations. Here on the sw coast we sustained far more damage, sustained a direct hit from the storm at cat 3 status, were without power for longer, still have issues going on with flooding in some areas, yet never had a looting issue. It's not a race issue either as over here we have a diverse group also, high numbers of Latino, hatian, African American. Contrary to popular belief also not everybody on the sw coast is a millionaire either. Parts of fort Myers, cape Coral, Lehigh, even Naples are middle to low middle class, yet they never had the looting issues the East coast of the state did.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by David Walcott View Post
    Yeah Metro phones are like T-Mobile phone all they have to do is pay some unlocking company to have access to the app for unlocking. So these phones will work flawlessly outside of the US. So they just made a jackpot. Also most METROPCS stores are operated by shady dealers that milk people for every little penny to do anything. I still feel bad for the dealer because if they do not have insurance the are going to have a hard time getting inventory.
    Ignorant nonsense you spew. Since you know damn little about a Metro phone, FYI their phones are all but impossible to unlock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    Ignorant nonsense you spew. Since you know damn little about a Metro phone, FYI their phones are all but impossible to unlock.
    Why are metro phones impossible to unlock? I've unlocked quite a few, use them on TMobile. They unlock just like any other TMobile device they use the device unlock app. A 3rd party unlocker company can unlock them just fine, costs about 15-25 dollars per device less if you place a bulk order.

As far as the rest of what he said I don't think anyone deserves their stuff stolen, but he is correct in there are a lot of shady metro dealers out there. The one here got in a little hot water after the storm. They restored power to the main Street before the rest of the town and the metro store opened up and put a sign up selling bottled water for 5 dollars a bottle. As you can imagine this kind of angered a lot of people in the area, caused a little commotion there, he got a visit from the Lee county sheriff's department and suddenly the sign was gone, he actually ended up closing up for about a week, probably a good decision on his part. I'm not sure too many people here would of felt sympathy on him if his place was looted.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ksych1 View Post
    Why are metro phones impossible to unlock? I've unlocked quite a few, use them on TMobile. They unlock just like any other TMobile device they use the device unlock app. A 3rd party unlocker company can unlock them just fine, costs about 15-25 dollars per device less if you place a bulk order.

As far as the rest of what he said I don't think anyone deserves their stuff stolen, but he is correct in there are a lot of shady metro dealers out there. The one here got in a little hot water after the storm. They restored power to the main Street before the rest of the town and the metro store opened up and put a sign up selling bottled water for 5 dollars a bottle. As you can imagine this kind of angered a lot of people in the area, caused a little commotion there, he got a visit from the Lee county sheriff's department and suddenly the sign was gone, he actually ended up closing up for about a week, probably a good decision on his part. I'm not sure too many people here would of felt sympathy on him if his place was looted.
    I'm not overly familiar with Metro's operations but do people still need to call in to activate a new phone? I would assume if the former is true they are somehow IMEI locked similar to CDMA no?

If this is the case I would think stolen Metro devices would be useless for anything other than parts?

I'm just talking... not really even sure....lol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    I'm not overly familiar with Metro's operations but do people still need to call in to activate a new phone? I would assume if the former is true they are somehow IMEI locked similar to CDMA no?

If this is the case I would think stolen Metro devices would be useless for anything other than parts?

I'm just talking... not really even sure....lol
    I believe the sim is still tied to the account, so using them on metro would be a no go, but if unlocked they may have value internationally, without knowing what they actually took though it's hard to say. A lot of the cheaper metro devices are basically American bands only. They just support the basic 2 4 5 12 and that's about it. If they took a bunch of iPhones and s8's though they'd have some value internationally.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    A lot of the cheaper metro devices are basically American bands only. They just support the basic 2 4 5 12 and that's about it. If they took a bunch of iPhones and s8's though they'd have some value internationally.
    What do you think these looters are, part of some sophisticated, organized syndicate?

These low life, ghetto scumbags won't be trying to sell them overseas. Maybe on a street corner or at best, Craigslist.

Sent from my Honor 8 using the HoFo app.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    What do you think these looters are, part of some sophisticated, organized syndicate?

These low life, ghetto scumbags won't be trying to sell them overseas. Maybe on a street corner or at best, Craigslist.

Sent from my Honor 8 using the HoFo app.
    I don't think I ever said that, but selling them in another country doesn't take an organized crime unit either. All it takes is a family member in Cuba, Mexico, Haiti, Germany, or any of the other countless locations that people in South Florida come from and have family still in.
    Last edited by ksych1; 10-09-2017 at 10:49 AM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    cricKet
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    And you know nothing about MetroPCS if not little

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    I don't think I ever said that, but selling them in another country doesn't take an organized crime unit either. All it takes is a family member in Cuba, Mexico, Haiti, Germany, or any of the other countless locations that people in South Florida come from and have family still in.
    I think you're giving them too much credit. But OK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    I think you're giving them too much credit. But OK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I prolly am. You are prolly right, they most likely will end up on Craigslist or something, but it wouldn't take much if they did want to unlock em and flip em outside the country.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast