Thread: Is HD Voice only available with other Verizon phones?

Feedback Score

Is HD Voice only available with other Verizon phones?

I experienced my very first HD voice call today and all I can say is WOW! One of my friends just purchased a Verizon phone with HD voice - I actually had no idea my Moto G5 had this feature, but I get this call and it's like what's going on here? It sounded like the person was right inside my phone!

Is it correct that HD voice is only available with other Verizon phones? I've called a number of other people and didn't get HD voice before. I wanted to make sure I had my settings correct

Sorry if I sound dumb but I've never had a phone like this before and I have no clue what to expect. My mom never wanted text on her phone

Device(s)
    Gold 128 GB iPhone 7+ Intel, whatever the cat dragged in
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Cross carrier HD voice is active with AT&T as long as both users are using VoLTE handsets.

Galaxy S7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 30 10 MHz PCC + Band 4 10 MHz SCC1 + Band 12 10 MHz SCC2
    iPhone 7 - Carrier Aggregation Band 4 10 MHz PCC + Band 2 10 MHz SCC1 + Band 12 5 MHz SCC2

-

Intel iPhone 7 Plus- AT&T Unlimited Plus

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The question was slightly unclear. It is available on non-Verizon phones that support VoLTE, too. I wasn't sure if this was a phone question or a carrier question.

Sent from my SM-G935U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    All VoLTE capable phones are capable of HD voice. HD voice is also active between AT&T and Verizon. I pretty much never have a non HD call these days.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    When I'm using my T-Mobile line and talking to a friend on his Verizon line with an iPhone 7 plus the calls are super clear. Not sure if it's officially hd voice but the calls have been super clear for both of us

Feedback Score
    This is what I can't figure out, I've made dozens of calls and only had one HD call. I didn't do anything different, just answered the call. I had no idea I even had HD, I was thrown for a loop at first then my friend said "Dude, you have HD?!!" I was like "What?" I thought it was something he did at first because the call was really loud and crystal clear, but he said we were connected in HD because I had HD.....What?

Up to now I was on my mom's antique Alltel plan with an antique flip phone so I was only allowed to talk to people who I got mobile to mobile with, which in the end was very few so the only way to save money was to not use the phone. My mom didn't even want text messaging because it was expensive. My neighbor says I got in way over my head because I received a text message and had to run next door to have my neighbor help me figure out what was going on.