Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Buy TF SIM kits, TMFL??

Feedback Score

Best Buy TF SIM kits, TMFL??

I just looked at a listing for what looks like TMFL byop SIM kits online at Best Buy. The photo if it's expanded shows 90 day 3x talk text data as low as 19.99 & I wonder if anyone here has recently gotten a kit online there & was it TMFL or is the picture outdated & the SIM kit is the newer smartphone only type? At $1 it's worth risking as long as it's scanned properly & will activate. I would like to get a Phoenix 2 to put a TF SIM in. It would be gr8 if it could be TMFL activated...

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tracfone-bring-your-own-phone-mini-activation-kit/4596900.p?skuId=4596900

Feedback Score
    For a dollar it's worth the risk.
    The Phoenix 2 is definitely a good phone.

But you might want to consider the Moto E4 since the unlock codes on eBay are $2.09 and you can use it with AT&T and T-Mobile based carriers like Tracfone and also Verizon Tracfone.
    I just got one yesterday on recommendation from hpham and he has the Phoenix 2 as well.

I got mine at Target using their price match.
    I had a screenshot of the Walmart ad and I also bookmarked the Walmart website ad page with the price. I waited too long to get it from Amazon at the Walmart price of $39.88.
    I was pleased that Target matched the Walmart price because I don't have any Walmart stores within walking distance from my home.

Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2

Feedback Score
    SnowyWhite 🐱 did your Phoenix 2 allow you to add a subject line to a text to convert it to an mms? I use that trick to write long texts. Some of my phones don't have a subject line as an option on the menu.

Does anyone here know if the Phoenix 3 or the zte Maven 2 or 3 allow a subject line to be added to a text?

About the Best Buy sim kits, someone in another thread said they ordered 5 of the kits & though the photo showed 3x, the sim kits were smartphone only not tmfl. So beware, tmfl shoppers! 😵

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    For a dollar it's worth the risk.
    The Phoenix 2 is definitely a good phone.

But you might want to consider the Moto E4 since the unlock codes on eBay are $2.09 and you can use it with AT&T and T-Mobile based carriers like Tracfone and also Verizon Tracfone.
    I just got one yesterday on recommendation from hpham and he has the Phoenix 2 as well.

I got mine at Target using their price match.
    I had a screenshot of the Walmart ad and I also bookmarked the Walmart website ad page with the price. I waited too long to get it from Amazon at the Walmart price of $39.88.
    I was pleased that Target matched the Walmart price because I don't have any Walmart stores within walking distance from my home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    SnowyWhite 🐱 did your Phoenix 2 allow you to add a subject line to a text to convert it to an mms? I use that trick to write long texts. Some of my phones don't have a subject line as an option on the menu.

Does anyone here know if the Phoenix 3 or the zte Maven 2 or 3 allow a subject line to be added to a text?

About the Best Buy sim kits, someone in another thread said they ordered 5 of the kits & though the photo showed 3x, the sim kits were smartphone only not tmfl. So beware, tmfl shoppers! 😵
    It doesn't appear to. But I mostly use Google Voice for text.
    Occasionally I use the text feature on the Phoenix 2 for short ones.

Currently I am at the library transferring everything from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2 to my Moto E4.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    It doesn't appear to. But I mostly use Google Voice for text.
    Occasionally I use the text feature on the Phoenix 2 for short ones.

Currently I am at the library transferring everything from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2 to my Moto E4.

In playing around with the E4, do you like it as well as your Phoenix 2? I've played around with a Blu, and Asus, and Moto since I've had my Phoenix 2, and I don't like the way any of them work as well as my Phoenix 2. Maybe I just like the way LG does Android, especially the pull-down shade.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    In playing around with the E4, do you like it as well as your Phoenix 2? I've played around with a Blu, and Asus, and Moto since I've had my Phoenix 2, and I don't like the way any of them work as well as my Phoenix 2. Maybe I just like the way LG does Android, especially the pull-down shade.
    I haven't really had much time to mess around with it. I'm hoping that I am going to like it.
    I like LG phones a lot.
    I've had some Moto E's before and they were okay.
    Definitely not as bad as most of the Samsung phones I've used.

Feedback Score
    Can you open the Phoenix 2 with a double tap?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    Yes. Double tap works on my Phoenix 2 and Rebel 2.

Feedback Score
    You can wake up or sleep the Phoenix 2 screen with a double tap - same as my LG tablet. I like this a lot - no fumbling for the power button.

Feedback Score
    Don't know why I asked. I want an LG for CDMA. Just gonna have to wait for duh Fiesta! Forgot that the Phoenix is ATT.

Feedback Score
    Don't know why I asked. I want an LG for CDMA. Just gonna have to wait for duh Fiesta! Forgot that the Phoenix is ATT.
    Or T-Mobile when unlocked.
    I had mine unlocked and was initially using it on Net10 running T-Mobile then switched to Tracfone running AT&T.

Feedback Score
    Did you say you want an HSN Fiesta TF bundle? There's a link posted in TF deals thread, 5.5" Fiesta at HSN pre-order... If you haven't seen it. 🙆😺

Feedback Score
    This is the newest hot off the press never seen before TracFone LG Fiesta 2 L164VL - not to be confused with the original TracFone Fiesta L64VL (without the 2) . Don't ask me what the difference between them both is

Did you say you want an HSN Fiesta TF bundle? There's a link posted in TF deals thread, 5.5" Fiesta at HSN pre-order... If you haven't seen it. 🙆😺

Feedback Score
    Someone in the HoFo bought some of the Best Buy TF sim kits & found out they were NOT tmfl or 3x despite what the listing page showed in the photo, they were smartphone plan only.

Today i found 1 lonely 3x kit left at Rite Aid for $1 + .08c tax so i got it in case i ever get an unlocked phone i can put on TF. Hopefully the tmfl or 3x it states on the back of the package will be honored even if they're not going to sell anymore byop tmfl packs after the old stock is sold out.

My kit says compatible with most 3G, 4G gsm LTE or cdma LTE smartphones, includes standard & micro gsm & cdma sims, nano gsm & cdma sim. 90 day 3x talk, text, data. No expiration date seen on pack but i haven't opened it yet. SKU: TFRTPKP4CNA

I got a 1 day only Rite Aid 20% off coupon for Saturday the 14th when i got the sim kit plus a $4 off coupon for a $40 purchase that expires the 18th if anyone shops Rite Aid & they have any phones or accessories they want (don't think it works on airtime cards, but not sure). My local store has TF, Total Wireless, Simple Mobile, AT&T phones plus sim kits for H20, Lycamobile, to name a few. They had the Total Wireless z233 flip for i think 24.99. Too bad not the TF one.

I just looked at a listing for what looks like TMFL byop SIM kits online at Best Buy. The photo if it's expanded shows 90 day 3x talk text data as low as 19.99 & I wonder if anyone here has recently gotten a kit online there & was it TMFL or is the picture outdated & the SIM kit is the newer smartphone only type? At $1 it's worth risking as long as it's scanned properly & will activate. I would like to get a Phoenix 2 to put a TF SIM in. It would be gr8 if it could be TMFL activated...

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tracfon...?skuId=4596900

Feedback Score
    Best Buy website.
    Shows the $1.00 Kits with the TMFL.
    I ordered 5 but they were not TMFL upon delivery.
    Took them all back to Best Buy - refund.
    Best Buy needs their IT people to change the picture on the web site from TMFL to new ones without TMFL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast