Thread: Change of phone number and balance question and expiry date

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Blaze
    Carrier(s)
    Airvoice
    Feedback Score

Change of phone number and balance question and expiry date

AV says they will change our phone number on the sim by request. I assumed the balance would stay with the phone, but does it really? I forgot to ask the rep. They are closed today.

I'm trying to sell a high dollar balance on Ebay and a selling point is the buyer can get a new phone number.

Also, the ToS says if airtime expires you have 30 days to add a refill. Question is does the balance stay or does it go away on the expiration date?

Thank you!
    TZ

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tzais01 View Post
    AV says they will change our phone number on the sim by request. I assumed the balance would stay with the phone, but does it really? I forgot to ask the rep. They are closed today.

I'm trying to sell a high dollar balance on Ebay and a selling point is the buyer can get a new phone number.

Also, the ToS says if airtime expires you have 30 days to add a refill. Question is does the balance stay or does it go away on the expiration date?

Thank you!
    I've always been told by ATT and the ATT MVNOs that porting in a new number requires a new/unactivated sim. That's what the Airvoice FAQ says as well: https://www.airvoicewireless.com/faq

I'm not sure if they'll transfer the old balance to a new sim. They definitely don't if you're changing plan types.

What plan do you currently have? If it's the $10 / 250 minute plan then you'll lose the entire balance if you don't refill by the expiration date.