Thread: From Ting to Tracfone questions.

Feedback Score

From Ting to Tracfone questions.

I need to transfer my number from Ting to Tracfone with the old Moto E 2nd generation but I checked on Tracfone website it's not compatible because it's from Sprint network: no Sprint phones for Tracfone?

I'm not sure but my Moto E is probably unlocked, can I just order a free sim card from Tracfone to use it?

In case I have to buy a Tracfone compatible phone, can I use my old TMFL LG306G to port in my phone number? Or is it better buying smartphone on sale once in a while at HSN or QVC or Tracfone web sites?

TIA.

Feedback Score
    No Sprint on TracFone. You will need a new SIM card from TracFone to reactivate your old TracFone.

You can buy a TracFone BYOP SIM kit from Best Buy, Target, or Dollar General for $1 - TracFone will charge the same for a single SIM.

If you don't have TracFone service time, yes, HSN/QVC bundles are the cheapest route to get started on TracFone.

If your Moto supports AT&T, you could buy a AT&T bundle phone, then swap SIM into Moto.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    If your Moto supports AT&T, you could buy a AT&T bundle phone, then swap SIM into Moto.
    If this one is a Sprint XT1526 there is no GSM band support. Is only CDMA, with little Verizon LTE band support.

Feedback Score
    No Sprint on TracFone. You will need a new SIM card from TracFone to reactivate your old TracFone.

If you don't have TracFone service time, yes, HSN/QVC bundles are the cheapest route to get started on TracFone.
    So the cheapest way is buying a new SIM card and reactivate my old LG306G, is the SIM coming with some air time/minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    If this one is a Sprint XT1526 there is no GSM band support. Is only CDMA, with little Verizon LTE band support.
    Yes, it's XT1526. So it's OK to throw in the trash, I guess.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    You cannot buy the locked SIM`s that the 3G LG306G uses, but Tracfone will send one to you for free. The SIM will lock to your 306G when powered.
    Tracfone has never utilized Sprint service, and I hope they never do.

I believe the 306G was AT&T only, but they might send a T-Mobile SIM, so check that you get what you want..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DKTVAV View Post
    So the cheapest way is buying a new SIM card and reactivate my old LG306G, is the SIM coming with some air time/minutes?
    Like Tracfancier said, a replacement SIM should be free. You will have to phone/chat request it. I believe they will ask for the ESN, and it may be assigned a phone number as shipped. To see what service it had before, go to the Prepaid menu for SIM number. 890126 = T-Mobile, 890141 = AT&T. SIM will come with no airtime, and some will have to be applied at activation with the new SIM.

Device(s)
    Moto G1, Moto E2, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DKTVAV View Post
    Yes, it's XT1526. So it's OK to throw in the trash, I guess.
    Why would you throw it in the trash? After you transferred service from Ting, it should be released and could be activated on Freedompop or Tello or a number of other Sprint MVNOs. I would think it would have some value to someone for those.