Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Merger announcement tonight?

Feedback Score

Merger announcement tonight?

5 hour meeting at Sprint on a Sunday? Sounds like this might be the merger announcement. Hope not but seems like it might be...

https://youtu.be/Zvrb9x2TDts

Feedback Score
    Hoping not too, but this doesn't look good.

Quote Originally Posted by erikkarma808 View Post
    5 hour meeting at Sprint on a Sunday? Sounds like this might be the merger announcement. Hope not but seems like it might be...

*After All, There Is Nothing Real Outside Our Perception Of Reality, Is There?*

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Some of the employees seem to be implying that the deal could be announced sometime this week
    Sent from my windows phone

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by erikkarma808 View Post

I haven't kept up with this. Is the concern that T-Mobile will delay ongoing upgrades to its coverage?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadus View Post
    I haven't kept up with this. Is the concern that T-Mobile will delay ongoing upgrades to its coverage?
    That, and the possible reduction in market competition by going from four major carriers to three. Sprint has not had a profitable year since 2006, and a profitable year to come has not been forecast. Sprint also has a lot of debt. Financially, they are a mess. It has not been looking like they could continue operating as an independent carrier for much longer no matter what the concerns are.

Verizon and AT&T will be very concerned about the combined T-Sprint entity having a subscriber count of about what theirs is.

Verizon and AT&T will be very concerned that the combined T-Sprint entity will have more spectrum than Vz and ATT combined. IIRC, Sprint and T-Mo have about double the combined spectrum of Vz and ATT. I expect that T-Sprint will be required to divest of some of their spectrum for the deal to be approved by the Justice Department and FCC.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm all for it now especially since sprint isn't expected to continue like they are now for much longer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    I'm all for it now especially since sprint isn't expected to continue like they are now for much longer.
    I am too. As a non-Sprint customer, Sprint does nothing for me at all.

But if they combine with T-Mobile, the now-languishing resources of Sprint would likely make T-Mobile a lot more competitive. This would improve T-Mobile and provide even stronger competition to ATTVZW.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Would be nice to have tmobile as a stronger competitor

Sounds like sprint is almost out of options so they really need something

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Would be nice to have tmobile as a stronger competitor

Sounds like sprint is almost out of options so they really need something
    But the points that some make about the debt liability and numerous other problems that Sprint will bring with them like a dead albatross around its neck DO give me some pause.

Feedback Score
    Yeah the debt liability and “free for a year” customers are concerning. But most concerning is the sudden lack of price pressure and competition. While Sprint is awful and most people are aware of that, I think they do keep prices lower. Verizon and ATT might be against the idea of a merger in principle, but I bet it would actually allow them to RAISE prices once it went through. Fewer choices are never good for consumers.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I hope they merge. As long as it's not AT&T or Verizon buying Sprint... T-Mobile seems like the best option, as it's not too small of a wireless carrier where buying sprint won't be a huge liability, and it's not too big that it will make them way over powered. No carrier is actually competing with sprint, no carrier is offering free service, $90 unlimited family plans, now, T-Mobile, Verizon, and AT&T all have similar prices, which are double Sprints. (T-Mobile being $180 for 5 lines, Verizon being $200, and AT&T being $205). Sprint is no competition against the other three, as they can barely keep afloat providing bad service at more than half off the viable competition.
    Click the following link to learn how to get $25 just for activating cricket service.http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...new-customers!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I guess if that was to happen Shentel would be an affiliate of T-Mobile since that's who runs Sprint in my market.

Sent from my SM-J327P using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+, Google Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sad part for T-Mobile... It doesn't really do anything except obtain customers and spectrum. In the end... It will be price increases. For SprinT-Mobile as a business... It will mean the ability to get into Media and compete.

Sent from my LG-H872 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    MSV 10GB plus 10GB free, 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    Sprint and T-Mobile now each have the spectrum resources to build a network like Verizon's or AT&T's if they want to spend the capital to build it out. Sprint has some of the best architecture out there in Network Vision, and yet they have done the least actual network building. A combination of Sprint and T-Mobile would be a complete disaster, just look at SprinxTel.

I'd much rather see Sprint bought by Amazon or Google, and then they could infuse them with the $10B or whatever it would take in CapEx to build a network better than Verizon's. They certainly have the spectrum and the technology, they just need the CapEx infusion to actually do it, go 100% NV, densify where needed, expand geographic coverage, and get VoLTE up and running so that CDMA can be phased out.
    Happy AT&T customer and addicted Speedtester in CT
    AT&T Galaxy S7
    If you text while driving, you're an idiot. End of story.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    Sprint and T-Mobile now each have the spectrum resources to build a network like Verizon's or AT&T's if they want to spend the capital to build it out.
    Why build a network "like" AT&T and Verizon. The new combined company can maximize on its customer base which mostly in populated areas to continue on T-Mobile's tradition of having the fastest LTE network in the country. They should focus on these population centers and use that vast BRS Sprint spectrum to really increase speeds and capacity. We're talking about accelerating the network far beyond where anyone is at now. That should be the focus of the network. A T-Mobile/Sprint combined network will shame Verizon & AT&T for speed and capacity if built correctly.

Yes, T-mobile can finish rolling out the tissue thin coverage in the lesser population areas on 600, but that's not where their strong suit is. They are already beating Verizon and AT&T in data speeds and they just need to use the new spectrum to really pour the fire on the coals. Then they can capture even greater market shares of the heavily populated areas.

Sprint has some of the best architecture out there in Network Vision, and yet they have done the least actual network building. A combination of Sprint and T-Mobile would be a complete disaster, just look at SprinxTel.
    T-Mobile has the engineers to pull this off so it will be much different than anything that happened with "SprinxTel".

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast