Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

AT&T kills Plenti

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wirele...hanks-campaign

AT&T is pulling the plug on Plenti, but it’s still offering customers its Thanks.

The carrier launched the loyalty rewards program in May 2015, partnering with major brands including ExxonMobil, Macy's, Nationwide Insurance, Rite Aid, Direct Energy, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and Hulu. Plenti, which is powered by American Express, enabled users to earn and redeem points when they signed up for a new line of service or conducted transactions at partnering retailers. AT&T informed customers late last week that it is ending the program at the end of October, however.

“We want to let you know that AT&T will no longer participate in Plenti after October 31, 2017,” the carrier told subscribers via email. “After October 31, your Plenti membership will remain active and you will still be able to take advantage of great offers with other Plenti partners.”

Plenti users will be able to redeem points at Rite Aid, Exxon and Mobil, Macy’s, Chili’s and several other vendors past the end of the month, AT&T said. But customers will no longer be able to earn or use Plenti points with AT&T after October, according to the carrier’s website.

The carrier continued to tout its Thanks program, though, which launched in July 2016 and offers customers incentives such as buy-one, get-one-free movie tickets, presale ticket offers from Live Nation and special content for DirecTV subscribers.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I used to use Plenti a lot.

I got a free $300 jacket and free $85 bottle of cologne from Macy's with Plenti.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    I used to use Plenti a lot.

I got a free $300 jacket and free $85 bottle of cologne from Macy's with Plenti.
    How much did you spend to get that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb82 View Post
    How much did you spend to get that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't remember? All I know is that Plenti used to give you points just for paying your AT&T bill... so it added up.

Then I used the Plenti promos to add lines and upgrade phones with AT&T... then I used to get all my gas at Mobile... and purposely used retailers that participated.

Before I knew it I went to Macy's to buy a jacket and the lady asked: "Do you want to use your Plenti points toward this purchase?" I said: "Sure." Then she said: "Wow, you owe nothing!"

A year later same thing happened with my cologne purchase.

I was impressed.

Feedback Score
    Yet another benefit AT&T is taking away... used to be the Plenti was based on spend, so I'd get like $10 back per month. Then they killed off employee discounts. Then they went to a 300 point ($3) per month earn on Plenty.

Funny story.. I wanted to redeem my points toward my bill. I went into the store. Told the rep, he added me to the list (dunno why you have to go to the store to redeem Plenti points - hello 1990!).

The rep sent me to the payment kiosk saying it could be done there. Wrong. The payment kiosks can't do it. So he said wait until it's my turn and a rep will do it.

45 minutes later, he called me over and said he'd just do it for me since the wait was so long (and conceivably since he had nothing to do but stand at the door and greet the zero customers coming in).

He tried to process it and said he couldn't because I had a zero balance on my bill. I said okay what do i do, my next bill won't post until Nov 1, and the program ends October 31. He was kind of dumbfounded. He said well maybe if there are charges mid-cycle you can come and have them taken off. I said if there are "mid-cycle charges" that'd be unheard of and we'd have more issues than Plenti.

He then kind of seemed dumbfounded.. and was like hmm, I don't know.

This is why ATT blows chunks. These situations that waste hours of my time.