Thread: iPhone 7 / 256GB: $300 after trade in (Jet Black Only) @ T-Mobile

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

iPhone 7 / 256GB: $300 after trade in (Jet Black Only) @ T-Mobile

“The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Do you need to get a new line or can you trade in any phone?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Ok. I read the details. You can have a current line. However, it is limited to a 6 or new phone. I was looking to trade in an SE but that isn't eligible.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i wonder if ant Tmobile stores carry them in store

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What's weird is that I didn't think Apple had the 256 gig for the iPhone 7 jet black

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The deal is only for what they stock. If you lower storage capacity you will see other color choices

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm curious if you can trade in an applicable phone but then pay the $300 at the same time so that I don't have to have deal with credits for 24 months.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    I'm curious if you can trade in an applicable phone but then pay the $300 at the same time so that I don't have to have deal with credits for 24 months.
    It’s via bill credits, so you have to keep the line active for 24 months. Looks like they extended their $300 off w/ trade in offer to the 7 series. This offer is essentially $100 off if you are using the older 6 series w/ a $200 market value, but in exchange for staying for 2 years.

Feedback Score
    No, that's the whole trick of getting you to stay for 24 months. If you leave you have to pay for the discounts you won't get by leaving early.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post
    It’s via bill credits, so you have to keep the line active for 24 months. Looks like they extended their $300 off w/ trade in offer to the 7 series. This offer is essentially $100 off if you are using the older 6 series w/ a $200 market value, but in exchange for staying for 2 years.
    Ok. Lets say you cancelled your line within the 24 months, what would the balance be? $300.00 less any credits you have already received or do they penalize you and make you pay the full amount of the new phone? I would think they wouldn't make you pay the full amount since they have taken my older 6s Plus for example.

Feedback Score
    Ok. Lets say you cancelled your line within the 24 months, what would the balance be? $300.00 less any credits you have already received or do they penalize you and make you pay the full amount of the new phone? I would think they wouldn't make you pay the full amount since they have taken my older 6s Plus for example.
    It appears the total price is $600. Monthly payments are $25 for 24 months---they pay $12.50 and you pay $12.50. So if you quit after 6 payments have been made (6 x $25 = $150), you would need to pay the balance of $450 yourself. It's as simple as that.

Feedback Score
    If you cancel the line before 24 months you would owe the full balance due then and any remaining credits are forfeited. $300 in credits is $12.50/month and the phone is selling for $600. So this comes out to roughly $25/month with a $12.50 credit applied monthly. If you took this deal and canceled in 6 months you would owe $450 and would have paid $75 out of pocket during those 6 months with another $75 in credits applied on your behalf. If someone takes this offer and cancels in 6 months they would essentially only receive $75 for their trade in.

For you personally, I would not take this deal if you have a 6s Plus. My 6s is worth $400+ on Swappa, so yours would be worth more depending on condition and configuration. If you or someone else wants to take this deal then what I would do is buy a basic 6 for $200 to trade in. Then sell your current phone. That route effectively gets you $100 off of the phone, but you have to keep the line open for 24 months to get the full value. Black Friday deals will be much better than this, but that is still over a month and a half away unfortunately.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Noted. The one thing I like about the current Tmobile promotion is that you can upgrade to the iPhone 9 or whatever they call it next year as a one time upgrade as long as half the phone was paid off. The next iPhone should have the 600

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    What's weird is that I didn't think Apple had the 256 gig for the iPhone 7 jet black
    I think it was the 32GB version that wasn't offered in Jet Black. I've had a 256GB Jet Black 7 Plus since last November.

Feedback Score
    Noted. The one thing I like about the current Tmobile promotion is that you can upgrade to the iPhone 9 or whatever they call it next year as a one time upgrade as long as half the phone was paid off. The next iPhone should have the 600
    Yeah that’s something to consider if the trade up option is for a limited time. I thought they were just adding the ability to upgrade annually like the other carriers have. iPhones do hold their value though, so you could still trade up every year by selling and buying a new version, but that isn’t as convenient as the annual upgrade plans especially if you are trying to preorder a new phone.