Thread: Tracfone Website purchases NOT working >:(

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score

Angry Tracfone Website purchases NOT working >:(

SO I've been at this for 24hrs!

In the past all my website purchases were flawless! (Yes for real)

Yesterday morning I tried to purchase a 90day service card (I meant to do the smartphone only version, ugh, my bad) and 2 1GB data cards, The card was charged to my credit card, BUT no service time was added to my account

Finally after 2 HOURS on the phone, the 90 service days (600 per bucket) was added, but still not the 2GB data
    It was somehow dropped from the purchase (I ended up not being charged for it, although my screenshot of the order confirmation shows I was)

So I repurchased another x2 1GB data only cards and have been fighting them ever since to get them applied, there are a bazillion tickets open, but no one can credit the data to the account.

I have filed complaints with BBB and FCC and I'm thoroughly infuriated, as I've never had this problem before. I know someone "broke" my account.
    My (Our) Phone History AaG:
    Tracfone (Vz) since '08 < BYOP/Vzw HTC Desire 526 since '16 < Huawei Glory H868C '14 < LG800g '12? < Motorola W376g '08
    Verizon & Sprint '05 < Razr+LG Cosmos 2 & LG Optimus '05
    Alltel & Cingular '03 < A Flip '03
    AT&T '01 < A Flip '01

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Welcome to the club. There are other threads you can read where others have had this issue as well. Your siggy indicates Verizon on TF? My issue was with the website as well. No idea if the TF app has this issue as well.

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score
    So I FINALLY got the data added to the first phone and started on the second (on different accounts), this time I purchased email only cards through a retailer (Target)

Same problem, I get confirmation of the order and NOTHING gets added to the account (not even service days)

So I'm currently in process of getting the 2 1GB cards & $35 smartphone plan on the SECOND phone

BOTH phones are verizon-based service

When I added the 2nd card pin via the APP, it showed this on the "confirmation page" (under "Thank you for adding ..."

PLAN:
    SCRIPT MISSING: _ CARR: ENGLISH APP
    SCRIPT MISSING: _ CARR: ENGLISH APP

So I'm assuming they've "broken" something on their end with the verizon connection? I have many undelivered texts (unknown, except a few people I see in person and they would "rib" me about ignoring them, I wasn't, I just didn't get a text! So not sure how many I haven't gotten that I "didn't" know about)

Anyways, on the phone now with a rep, hopefully will get some light shed on the issue

Feedback Score
    I had to wait almost 24 hours for my data add-on to be added to my balance. I bought the card at Target, which was delayed almost a day (normally 48 hours email delivery).

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greg4android View Post
    I had to wait almost 24 hours for my data add-on to be added to my balance. I bought the card at Target, which was delayed almost a day (normally 48 hours email delivery).
    This isn't good news for me lol! We've always had literally instant success purchasing online, so we always wait till we're very low so as not to lose any units (from any bucket) (that is an issue we had run into in the past)

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score
    Okay so update

Info: Both are android previously verizon prepaid phones

FINALLY got all the purchased airtime properly applied to the account(s)

The 2nd account was harder because I got escalated to higher reps 4 times! The 3rd escalation was actually a language transfer because the rep helping me was being totally obnoxious! (However it worked in my favor)
    The last escalation resulted in my account needing updated on their side, and then all the purchases being manually input to the correct buckets.

Suffice to say, I was happy ONCE I got transferred to a rep that understood the issue (or at least had the power to "fix" my account)
    All in all I spent over 6 HOURS on the phone (using a hold service, not actual minutes burned, actual TALK time was 3+ HOURS!!)

For anyone who stumbles upon this, ALWAYS use a VOIP w/unlimited minutes if you can to call! Or a landline that is free with 800 numbers!

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mathfaster View Post
    Welcome to the club. There are other threads you can read where others have had this issue as well. Your siggy indicates Verizon on TF? My issue was with the website as well. No idea if the TF app has this issue as well.
    Sorry I missed your reply, Yes our phones are BYOP verizon based, I can verify the TF app had the same non-crediting issues. This problem could NOT be resolved via chat (or waiting 24hrs), I had to call and be escalated to higher departments, I was pleasantly surprised, I only had 1 arse CSR, everyone (total of TWELVE different CSR's between the 2 phones) was great & highly motivated to assist me (which I have NEVER been able to say about the phone CS in the past)

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracbourne View Post
    Sorry I missed your reply, Yes our phones are BYOP verizon based, I can verify the TF app had the same non-crediting issues. This problem could NOT be resolved via chat (or waiting 24hrs), I had to call and be escalated to higher departments, I was pleasantly surprised, I only had 1 arse CSR, everyone (total of TWELVE different CSR's between the 2 phones) was great & highly motivated to assist me (which I have NEVER been able to say about the phone CS in the past)
    There are probably not enough data points but of those having this issue and posting the carrier, the issue appears to be with Verizon users.

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mathfaster View Post
    There are probably not enough data points but of those having this issue and posting the carrier, the issue appears to be with Verizon users.
    I agree 100%, though I haven't added minutes recently to the AT&T based Safelink phone (I handle all the minute additions for my family & local non-tech savvy relatives). I'll be able to fact base/compare in about 2wks (I think that's when it's due)

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracbourne View Post
    I agree 100%, though I haven't added minutes recently to the AT&T based Safelink phone (I handle all the minute additions for my family & local non-tech savvy relatives). I'll be able to fact base/compare in about 2wks (I think that's when it's due)
    And even if it works you can't draw conclusions. I added a GB to a VZ phone via web and no issues. 6 weeks later added another GB via web to same phone and no credit.

Feedback Score
    Verizon may not really like doing business with Tracfone, but it is a necessary evil. Tracfone seems to mess up enough transactions that the accounting is not always clear with Verizon. The monthly plans on Straight Talk, etc., may be a lot less complicated. But Tracfone with its nickel and dime airtime choices just creates a huge amount of individual actions that are a huge challenge for Tracfone's inferior systems. So Verizon may not always be getting paid or something like that. Or Verizon does not appreciate Tracfone CDMA feature phones roaming all over the place. That is expensive and somebody is paying for that.

You will notice that Tracfone ports from Verizon to AT&T seem to stall for no good reason other than possibly just sour grapes revenge from losing a customer.

So Verizon may just be extra picky with Tracfone because there is no trust, and if a transaction isn't to their satisfaction, there is no leeway and the customer has to take the heat for it.

I think Verizon is also a little too big for their britches because I am located in a large city and the voice quality is terrible but should be great. AT&T and T-Mobile are great.

Just my ignorant musings.

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Verizon may not really like doing business with Tracfone, but it is a necessary evil. Tracfone seems to mess up enough transactions that the accounting is not always clear with Verizon. The monthly plans on Straight Talk, etc., may be a lot less complicated. But Tracfone with its nickel and dime airtime choices just creates a huge amount of individual actions that are a huge challenge for Tracfone's inferior systems. So Verizon may not always be getting paid or something like that. Or Verizon does not appreciate Tracfone CDMA feature phones roaming all over the place. That is expensive and somebody is paying for that.

You will notice that Tracfone ports from Verizon to AT&T seem to stall for no good reason other than possibly just sour grapes revenge from losing a customer.

So Verizon may just be extra picky with Tracfone because there is no trust, and if a transaction isn't to their satisfaction, there is no leeway and the customer has to take the heat for it.

I think Verizon is also a little too big for their britches because I am located in a large city and the voice quality is terrible but should be great. AT&T and T-Mobile are great.

Just my ignorant musings.
    +100% (sorry if that's not a thing) but my thoughts exactly

I also wonder if there is less profit? (for tracfone) (re)selling verizon "used" minutes, than the other carrier options? (just musings I have no idea what they pay/make for access to any carrier's network)

I do think verizon has sour grapes because they seem to be trying to lock out phones more(so) than the other carriers (they want their cut of the pie too, it's business, not personal, lol)