Thread: Who Created My Tracfone Account ?

Feedback Score

Who Created My Tracfone Account ?

Here is the question so that all don't have to read this entire post.
    Do all Tracfone customers have an account?

The Tracfone CS lady on phone always asks for my account.

I never set up any account that I can remember. I have never logged into any Tracfone account. I have never purchased "time cards" off Tracfone web site. Although I have purchased flip phones in the past through Tracfone web site.

I started with a Tracfone Motorola Startec flip phone. Had an antenna that one pulled up from inside phone.
    Purchased at Radio Shack. Adding minutes/time was so complicated (for me) that I would purchase time at Radio Shack and have them add the time/minutes. Had that phone so long that the red LED faded and could no longer read tiny screen.

Anyway. Over the years have upgraded to newer phones.

Every time I added minutes etc. Did over phone and later over computer at Tracfone web site.

I never remember setting up any "account". Never ever "logged in" to Tracfone.

Lately Tracfone CS lady asks for my "account". I have no clue what my account is. The Tracfone phone CS seems to find my account - as I have activated new Tracfone phones by telephone. I have activated new Tracfone by Text/Dialog box. I don't remember if this way that they do ask for any account.

Does every Tracfone customer have an account?

Feedback Score
    Doesn't your phone number apply as an account with TracFone?

Feedback Score
    Well you must have an account of some sort. How else would they keep track of your balance? That might not be the same as a web account, though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rchang View Post
    Well you must have an account of some sort. How else would they keep track of your balance? That might not be the same as a web account, though.
    Maybe the "web account" is what the CS lady was asking for. Which I don't have.

The last phone activation of new phone with transfer of number/minutes - the CS lady stated that she "found" my account. Have no clue what she was talking about. Maybe all with a telephone number have an account.

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score

Question

Quote Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
    Maybe the "web account" is what the CS lady was asking for. Which I don't have.

The last phone activation of new phone with transfer of number/minutes - the CS lady stated that she "found" my account. Have no clue what she was talking about. Maybe all with a telephone number have an account.
    Yes your "account" (as tracfone CSR referenced it) is the phone number, it was created automatically upon activation of a tracfone service

To add slightly more explanation (this ONLY applies to tracfone services as of Oct 2017):
    1. "web account" (with user logon) is a user overview of all "accounts(see below)" registered to that email (a web account is NOT required (yet) to have active service, but is does make it easier to verify/catch/correct balance mistakes)
      1. "account" is each phone number (with it's specific SIM or CDMA imei)
    My (Our) Phone History AaG:
    Tracfone (Vz) since '08 < BYOP/Vzw HTC Desire 526 since '16 < Huawei Glory H868C '14 < LG800g '12? < Motorola W376g '08
    Verizon & Sprint '05 < Razr+LG Cosmos 2 & LG Optimus '05
    Alltel & Cingular '03 < A Flip '03
    AT&T '01 < A Flip '01