Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Legacy gold-call for .10 a minute

Carrier(s)
    TmobileToGo
    Feedback Score

Legacy gold-call for .10 a minute

A fellow gold rewards member on this board mentioned he had called customer service about his account and they offered him a .10 a minute rate. As most of you know, when you add the $10 a year for renewal you are buying .35 minutes which after a few years bumps up your average cost per minute a good deal.

At any rate I thought I'd call and request .10 a minute for the hell of it. The girl said no problem and she changed both accounts to .10 a minute! The only issue was that I would have to call again after my renewal to have them reset it for the new balance.

Hope it works for you. Change was verified on my mytmobile page. YMMV!

Device(s)
    Moto G3 (Goodbye W376!)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Freedompop, Tello
    Feedback Score
    But are you still on Legacy PayGo, or did she switch you to the current PayGo?

Sent from my LGLS740 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Yes, this is the crucial issue as Millept brought up. $0.10 per minute in modern terms is a feature only of the current monthly Prepaid plan, which will ding you $3 monthly. Keep an eye on your balance.

Carrier(s)
    TmobileToGo
    Feedback Score
    She said plan wouldn't change. The mytmobile page verified this. I will monitor periodically.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I'm about to do my annual re-up on Friday, usually done online. I should give this a try then, as you certainly get more for your money this way. What telephone number did you use, since it's been forever since I've called them? I wonder if there's a text chat that could be used. Have to check this out!

Carrier(s)
    TmobileToGo
    Feedback Score
    800-TMobile =800-866-2453

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks! I'll give this a try.

Update!

I did my refill application online, successfully, then I gave T-Mobile CS a call at the number Nokiayes provided. After going through an automated phone menu to get a live representative, I ended up speaking to 'Frank.' I couldn't tell his country of origin based on his accent, but his English was great and I didn't have to struggle with that aspect. Slight British tone, believe it or not!

When I first explained that I wanted my PAYGO Legacy call minute rate reset to $0.10, he told me that this was achieved by applying a $100 refill. Then I explained that I had heard through the online grapevine that the change was being done as a courtesy routinely by request. He then immediately shifted gears and said he could do it for me, and he did. The call completed quickly, and I verified online that my minute count reflected the $0.10/minute rate. Yay! That was about 300 extra minutes in my case.

So I did have to 'sell' the rep on the idea, and not take what appeared to be a soft deflection at the initial request of the change. But knowledge is power. Thanks to Nokiayes for bringing this up. It'll make this line of service more of a go-to useful one.
    Last edited by whacker; 10-06-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Device(s)
    LG G Stylo
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    @whacker Would you do me a favor pal? Call *3279 and go to dollars and minutes remaining. At the end of the spiel does it still say you're a Gold Rewards Member like mine does? I'm just worried about losing the one year expiry without having to call them as I text much more than I talk. I'm due to re-up in a little over a week. Thanks

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Hey Beej! Sure man, will do!

Yes, right at the end it does say I'm a Gold Rewards member. All other info is totally on track as well.

The CS rep I spoke with live yesterday also mentioned in passing that I was Gold Rewards.

I'm really pleased at this development with the rate reset. Makes me even happier I've kept this line of service!

Btw, what are we paying for SMS these days on this type of account? $0.10 both ways?

Device(s)
    LG G Stylo
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for checking that whacker. I'll definitely be calling after I top off my account on the 17th. I'm paying 28 cents a minute now so that that'll be a huge increase in minutes for me too. Even if it's just a one time adjustment it's well worth asking for. Yes, SMS texts are still 10 cents each way. I did find out that if someone inserts an emoji in their text it charges at MMS rates though. Those are 25 cents each way.

Thanks Nokiayes for passing this information on!

Carrier(s)
    TmobileToGo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beejer View Post
    Even if it's just a one time adjustment it's well worth asking for.

Thanks Nokiayes for passing this information on!
    Agreed. Even if 1 time it will be a huge boost to drop down average price per minute.

Device(s)
    LG G3/G2/XCharge, Moto E4/E2/G/G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    I did this today. The first rep seemed like from a TracFone call center. She kept putting me on hold, probably asking someone what to do about this "off-script" request. She finally just came back insisting I had to add $100 to get that rate. I said never mind, thanks.

The second rep (speaking better english) did it for me right away, no questions asked, for both accounts. I checked the accounts online, and both had the updated minutes and were still listed as Legacy Gold Rewards.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Reps with no depth of experience would not know that buying and applying a $100 refill would NOT change the entire existing dollar balance to a $0.10/min rate. It would add $100 to the balance and 1000 minutes to the minute tally, which would result in an aggregate per minute rate. This is how it always was. But this new deal means that they see the importance of standardizing the rate to equal what the existing $3/month plan yields. That's my take on it anyway.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido Postpaid
    Feedback Score
    I called in last night to ask for the 0.10$/min on my Legacy Pay as You Go and they applied it to all 3 of my lines. I asked if I keep the 10 cent rate even after I top up with 10$ and they said yes. A previous poster said they were told that a 10$ Card will only add 30 minutes. Has anyone topped up after getting their account adjusted to the 0.10$/min rate?

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles Thanks to all when mentioning getting the minute charge changed to ten cents.

Thanks to all when mentioning getting the minute charge changed to ten cents.
    I remembered because of this thread that I was needing to refill later this month
    and rather than put it off and forget I went ahead and refilled. Like all years since
    2012 the expiration date did not go the full year but 90 days. And like all years before I would
    call up and get it extended. This operator knowingly extended my expiration by 365 days to the already extended expiration date so I do not need to refill again until 2019.
    I also requested the ten cents change and she did it.
    With this payment my per minute rate was 0.1449cents.
    It had crept up from 12 and 13 in previous year refills.
    My call lasted less than 9 minutes total.

I had refilled early in the morning before going to bed with what will be ding.com.
    They do not charge a surcharge for T-Mobile like CallingMart.
    I use them for a Philippine SIM and Lycamobile also.

I called:
    Pay in Advance (prepaid)
    To manage, call: 1-877-778-2106

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast