Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Verizon Will be the Exclusive Wireless Partner for the New Pixels

https://www.droid-life.com/wp-conten...-2/_index.html

According to an early morning tweet from Diego Scotti, Verizon’s CMO, the carrier will be the “Exclusive Wireless Parter” for the new Pixel devices.

Now, we will update this post once we have finalized details from Google and Verizon, but it appears that if anyone was hoping we’d see a change from how things were done last year, it looks like you’re in for a rough day.

If this deal is anything like last year’s, it means you will only find the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL through Verizon stores, but you can still purchase it online through various retailers and the Google Store (with its cool trade-in program), then activate it on virtually all wireless carriers in the US.

Again, we will update this post once the details are announced.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    https://www.droid-life.com/wp-conten...-2/_index.html

According to an early morning tweet from Diego Scotti, Verizon’s CMO, the carrier will be the “Exclusive Wireless Parter” for the new Pixel devices.

Now, we will update this post once we have finalized details from Google and Verizon, but it appears that if anyone was hoping we’d see a change from how things were done last year, it looks like you’re in for a rough day.

If this deal is anything like last year’s, it means you will only find the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL through Verizon stores, but you can still purchase it online through various retailers and the Google Store (with its cool trade-in program), then activate it on virtually all wireless carriers in the US.

Again, we will update this post once the details are announced.
    It's not really a exclusive like everyone says. Their just the only carrier selling it. Exclusive means your stuck with VZW if your wanna use it. Which is not the case.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    It's not really a exclusive like everyone says. Their just the only carrier selling it.
    That sounded like an oxy moron but yeah I know what you mean lol.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Similar to my situation. I don't wear diapers I wear depends

Feedback Score
    It's not really a exclusive like everyone says. Their just the only carrier selling it. Exclusive means your stuck with VZW if your wanna use it. Which is not the case.

No, exclusive really does mean that they are the only carrier selling it. However, in this case I agree that it is not really an exclusive in the way that most people imagine when they hear exclusive because you can get the phone directly from Google. The iPhone was an AT&T exclusive at one point and several Droid phones were Verizon exclusives, but those would work on other carriers, you just couldn’t get the phones without being on their respective carriers.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, doesn't matter your carrier which is the way it should be. I heard T-mo is offering to pay half up front if you buy one and sign up with them.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Similar to my situation. I don't wear diapers I wear depends
    LMAO!

Feedback Score
    Is there any difference between the one at Verizon vs the one straight from Google/Project Fi?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mhdena View Post
    Is there any difference between the one at Verizon vs the one straight from Google/Project Fi?
    No not really

Device(s)
    LG G6 (Carrier Unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mhdena View Post
    The one from Verizon most likely will not let you unlock the boot loader and root.
    Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. -- Daniel Webster

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_head View Post
    The one from Verizon most likely will not let you unlock the boot loader and root.
    the Verizon version of Pixel 2 can't be unlocked(bootloader)... this was discussed by someone on the official Google Pixel 2 forum.

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    MSV 10GB plus 10GB free, 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    To start off, let me say that I TiVo'ed through SNL this morning, and there was one commercial for the Pixel that Google bought, and two ads that Verizon bought, for the iPhone and Verizon's network.

I love Android, I have a Galaxy S7, but man, Apple is just killing it. Google doesn't even seem to be trying. The first, simple requirement to be successful with a phone like this is to have it in every major carrier's store. That's where most phones are purchased, and that's where it needs to be. At a very, very bare minimum, maybe they could twist AT&T's arm into enabling full support for this thing for unlocked users (see below).

That being said, the actual hardware is a snooze fest. If I am going to compromise for a phone with no headphone jack, no SD slot, and a non-replaceable battery, then I'll get an iPhone. This thing is trying to be a fake iPhone. If people want Android, they'll keep buying Samsung phones, that yes, have a horrendous amount of bloatware on them between Bloatwiz, and the carrier-specific bloat, but at least they're getting a headphone jack and an SD slot (although unfortunately not other features like a removable battery).

The fake iPhone model isn't working, and at the high end of the market, the iPhone is dominant. What I think would work better is for OEMs to make devices more like the LG V20 than the LG V30 or current Samsung devices. Integrate some really cool features. The carriers would probably have a fit over dual SIM in the US, so maybe only do that on US unlocked models, but for the carrier models, put on a headphone jack and an SD card slot, but how about a removable battery, an IR blaster, and a second screen, like the V20 had. How about thinking about some other innovative features that iPhones don't have?

If Android is going to try and be a fake iPhone, then Apple is going to win the high-end, and even the midrange of the market, and Android will be relegated to a few geeks, people who are rabidly anti-Apple for no apparent reason, and the low end of the market that wants a sub-$100 prepaid phone.

Polls of teens have shown that last year, 75% said their next phone would be an iPhone, now it's up to 81%. Apple is just owning the market with the iPhone. Yes, you have to live in their walled garden, but the thing just works.

It only fully works on T-Mobile and Verizon. AT&T refuses to activate VoLTE and VoWiFi for phones that either they or Apple didn't sell (possibly with a couple of weird/random exceptions), and Sprint doesn't have a VoLTE network for public consumption yet.

You can put an AT&T SIM card in it, but you'll have no service if you're somewhere with WiFi and no cell service, and you'll be kicked back to 3G voice, which debatably isn't as good qualtiy, slows down simultaneous voice and data, and reduces voice coverage in places like NH where AT&T doesn't own the CLR block but runs a 700mhz VoLTE network.

Effectively, this thing is a cripple on AT&T.
    Happy AT&T customer and addicted Speedtester in CT
    AT&T Galaxy S7
    If you text while driving, you're an idiot. End of story.