Thread: Can sim from sprint phone be taken out and used for short time in iPad?

Feedback Score

Can sim from sprint phone be taken out and used for short time in iPad?

Wondering if I sign up for sprint and have the sim in my phone, if I put the sim into my iPad LTE model, will the LTE work? Or do they block data use from an iPad like some carriers?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    No, it will not work, sprint sim cards are paired with the IMEI/ESN of the phone they are activated in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    It's more of an MEID mismatch issue that will preclude you from doing it. In particular, the MEID of the device is something they track and putting your SIM in a different device doesn't automatically update their back-end system.

So simply SIM swapping will never work on Sprint, even from phone to phone -- you have to manually get them to change the device in their systems.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella94128 View Post
    Wondering if I sign up for sprint and have the sim in my phone, if I put the sim into my iPad LTE model, will the LTE work? Or do they block data use from an iPad like some carriers?
    does your phone have mobile hotspot option ?? just turn on the
    mobile hotspot on the phone and connect to your ipad via mobile hotspot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jwrunyon41722 View Post
    No, it will not work, sprint sim cards are paired with the IMEI/ESN of the phone they are activated in.

Well that's not completely true. They have simcards for BYOD. As far as from Sprint device to Sprint device I don't know why.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Cricket LG Risio 2(x2)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella94128 View Post
    Nope, Sprints convoluted system either needs you to get a new sim if you get a new device or you have to contact CS to get it updated. Only on Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile can you freely switch sim cards, I have AT&T and was able to use my phone sim in a LTE tablet with no problems.
    Home Entertainment: Comcast Blast Pro 200mbps internet(Xfinity XB3 Arris TG1682G 24x8 Docsis 3.0 modem, IPv6 enabled), Xfinity Digital Preferred TV(Tivo Bolt(Main DVR)/Tivo Mini(Bedroom), Xfinity Voice EMTA XB3 with Voice Unlimited.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Well that's not completely true. They have simcards for BYOD. As far as from Sprint device to Sprint device I don't know why.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It's completely true, once you activate a BYOD sim it is attached to the device it is activated with, Sprint can change the SIM to work in different phones or devices but it has to be done on their end, no one can take a sim from one Sprint device to another and expect it work as intended.