Thread: Mid-cycle changing plan change ?

Feedback Score

Mid-cycle changing plan change ?

Saw this posted on Cricket's site. It would appear the loophole is being closed.

"Effective Nov. 5, 2017, if you change your rate plan to less expensive plan, the change will take effect at the beginning of your next billing cycle."

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Yes, came across that as well. Surprised Cricket let this go on as long as it did!

https://www.cricketwireless.com/supp...your-plan.html

Feedback Score
    Another takeaway.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if you upgrade from Basic (4gb) after Nov 5th to Smart (8gb), will your data reset to zero to start the 8gb or will it keep the cumulative data used up to 8gb? Since the charge will be pro-rated anyway.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Darn it!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    No a major change if it lets you upgrade and still resets.

Get on $40 plan for 2-3 weeks and upgrade to higher plan.

Downgrade and end of billing cycle it drops you and you get 12gb for five dollars less than 8gb.

Just no same day resets.

Feedback Score
    In over two years, I have yet to do this but it's still disappointing to see restrictions like this put in place. It would have probably been useful if I ever traveled to Canada or Mexico again - now I would have to pay for the remainder of the cycle after the trip, not just the week or so I was there.

Feedback Score
    Cricket making another anti-consumer move, well I for one am shocked! I'm surprised they didn't add a downgrade fee.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Well, i used to do it sometimes with my nephew's line

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score
    It will be interesting to see if upgrading plans still resets your data bucket or not.

I usually make two plan changes per month.

I am curious how Cricket is going to bill autopay users if the downgrade doesn't take effect until next billing cycle. Since Cricket bills 2 days before end of cycle, you are technically still on the higher plan. Example. I'm on $30 plan. I upgrade to $40 plan mid month and pay prorated fee. Now I downgrade 3 days before month end. Technically I'm still on $40 plan because downgrade is not effective until new billing cycle. Does Cricket autopay $40 or $30? That is the question.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

Mid-cycle changing plan change ?

Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Cricket making another anti-consumer move, well I for one am shocked! I'm surprised they didn't add a downgrade fee.
    I wouldn’t say anti-consumers, if anything closing the loopholes that people have been taking advantage off.

I mean cmon, charging for 12GB at $60 rate is somewhat fair, of course I would recommend anyone to do unlimited obviously, but those that pay for 4GB and bump it up to 8GB, then back down to 4GB and get more data and pay less than $60 is scamming/taking advantage of the system. Not knocking anyone cause I would do it too if I didn’t have unlimited. But makes business sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwfreak View Post
    It will be interesting to see if upgrading plans still resets your data bucket or not.

I usually make two plan changes per month.

I am curious how Cricket is going to bill autopay users if the downgrade doesn't take effect until next billing cycle. Since Cricket bills 2 days before end of cycle, you are technically still on the higher plan. Example. I'm on $30 plan. I upgrade to $40 plan mid month and pay prorated fee. Now I downgrade 3 days before month end. Technically I'm still on $40 plan because downgrade is not effective until new billing cycle. Does Cricket autopay $40 or $30? That is the question.
    Not sure about the charging question but as far as the reset, per chat support yes it’ll reset your data as you’re upgrading... ie: 1GB to 4GB, 4GB to 8GB, or 8GB to 12GB(I would go unlimited at that point).

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wwglen View Post
    No a major change if it lets you upgrade and still resets.

Get on $40 plan for 2-3 weeks and upgrade to higher plan.

Downgrade and end of billing cycle it drops you and you get 12gb for five dollars less than 8gb.

Just no same day resets.
    Changing on the same day was how some were gaming the system though, right? Essentially that allowed people to double their data for free.

Feedback Score
    Yes but an extra 8 gigs for $5 is still a great deal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    What's anti-consumer is to troll Cricket and shill for T-mobile and MetroPOS.