Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another new Straight talk data promo, AT&T to follow?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Cricket LG Risio 2(x2)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Another new Straight talk data promo, AT&T to follow?

Straight Talk now introduces a new Truly Unlimited plan.

"Buy any Straight Talk Samsung Device with Straight Talk's $55 plan and get Truly Unlimited data*"

*After 32 Gigs of High Speed data used, Straight Talk may reduce your speeds. **Video streams at DVD quality.

Ask a Walmart or Straight Talk rep to confirm details.

Will AT&T Prepaid finally up data or change any of their plans to match these new data deals at Straight Talk?

Website link: https://get.straighttalk.com/galaxy/
    Home Entertainment: Comcast Blast Pro 200mbps internet(Xfinity XB3 Arris TG1682G 24x8 Docsis 3.0 modem, IPv6 enabled), Xfinity Digital Preferred TV(Tivo Bolt(Main DVR)/Tivo Mini(Bedroom), Xfinity Voice EMTA XB3 with Voice Unlimited.

Feedback Score
    Hopefully AT&T will not reduce customer service to the level of ST.

Feedback Score
    Why would they... Who the heck ever heard of St?! Not exactly the meat of the competition.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure, Nexus 5, Moto G 2015
    Carrier(s)
    H2O Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by littlalex View Post
    Why would they... Who the heck ever heard of St?! Not exactly the meat of the competition.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Your kidding, right? Straight Talk is probably one of the oldest and largest MVNO's there is, look in any Wal-Mart, Target, CVS/Walgreens, convenience store, etc. and they all have Straight Talk phones and reload cards.

That said, it doesn't mean they are the best, their service, both actual and customer, us pretty lousy.

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using Tapatalk
    - If ignorance is bliss, why are there not more happy people in the world?

Current Personal Phone: Moto G5 Plus (H2O Wireless)

Other phones "in the family": Axon 7 Mini (H2O), Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (VZW), HTC 10 (VZW)

Feedback Score
    they have commercials everywhere

Feedback Score
    Sorry, never seen one... IMHO the answer is still no. St drives nothing in this market.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Walmart exclusive

Feedback Score
    WHAT???????????????? I've only seen Straight Talk phones at WALMART, and that's it (other than on the straighttalk website).

please state the specific Target's, CVS's, Walgreen's, and any convenience stores you've seen Straight Talk in.......

OH WAIT, there are none, so that's a pigment of your imagination! LOL (or you REALLY don't get out much)

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    Your kidding, right? Straight Talk is probably one of the oldest and largest MVNO's there is, look in any Wal-Mart, Target, CVS/Walgreens, convenience store, etc. and they all have Straight Talk phones and reload cards.

That said, it doesn't mean they are the best, their service, both actual and customer, us pretty lousy.

Feedback Score
    Just another of Movil's 37 brands

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post

They are only available through walmart and straighttalk website
    Quote Originally Posted by www.straighttalk.com/wps/portal/home/h/retaillocations
    Retail Locations

STRAIGHT TALK™ Phones and Service Plans are available at over 3,000 participating WalMart retailers nationwide.
    My (Our) Phone History AaG:
    Tracfone (Vz) since '08 < BYOP/Vzw HTC Desire 526 since '16 < Huawei Glory H868C '14 < LG800g '12? < Motorola W376g '08
    Verizon & Sprint '05 < Razr+LG Cosmos 2 & LG Optimus '05
    Alltel & Cingular '03 < A Flip '03
    AT&T '01 < A Flip '01

Feedback Score
    And still I've never been in a Walmart... Let me know when att tries to keep up with it's main competitor ST.

Feedback Score
    And their market share is what?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    H2O Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greg4android View Post
    WHAT???????????????? I've only seen Straight Talk phones at WALMART, and that's it (other than on the straighttalk website).

please state the specific Target's, CVS's, Walgreen's, and any convenience stores you've seen Straight Talk in.......

OH WAIT, there are none, so that's a pigment of your imagination! LOL (or you REALLY don't get out much)
    OK, so maybe you don't see the Straight Talk brand specifically at all these locations, but it is a sub-brand of TracFone Wireless, which also includes TracFone, NET10 Wireless, Total Wireless, Straight Talk, SafeLink Wireless, Telcel América, Simple Mobile, and Page Plus Cellular... They are all essentially the same and have over 25 million subscribers, which puts it clearly in the #5 spot of providers in the US with about half the subscribers compared to T-Mobile or Sprint, and 5 times the number of US Cellular.

At Target stores you will find Net10, Total Wireless, and Tracfone.

CVS carries prepaid refill cards for most carriers in stores (not online), the ones here in Bismarck, ND, also carry phones for Net10.

Walgreens carries prepaid refill cards for most carriers (also in stores only, not online)... As far as phones go, it's been a while since I have been in one since North Dakota has ONE Walgreens and it is 200 miles from me.

Although my details may be off, it doesn't change fact that this MVNO is one of the biggest cellular "providers" in the US market, but that doesn't mean AT&T Prepaid will followup with something similar.

And yeah, I don't get out much... some of it is a fragment of my imigization.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    H2O Wireless
    Feedback Score
    And their market share is what?

A lot... directly from their website:

Straight Talk is a service provided by TracFone Wireless Inc., America’s largest no-contract cell phone provider in the U.S., with over 25 million subscribers. TracFone Wireless is a subsidiary of América Móvil S.A.B. de C.V. ("AMX") (BMV: AMX; NYSE: AMX; Nasdaq: AMOV; LATIBEX: XAMXL). AMX is the leading provider of telecommunication services in Latin America.
    To put that in perspective... Sprint and T-Mobile are between 55 and 60 million subscribers each, and the next largest post-paid carrier is US Cellular which has about 5 million subscribers. AT&T Prepaid does not release their number of subscribers separated from all AT&T subscribers.

Feedback Score
    That's Tracfone, stop being thick on purpose....that's split among God knows how many mvno's. ST Has a little under 1,000,000 subscribers with a churn rate of 40% plus... Must be all that unlimited data that drives users away.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast