Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Slow Data in LTEiRA Areas

Feedback Score

Slow Data in LTEiRA Areas

Iím currently in the Bluegrass Cellular LTEiRA area and will be for a few weeks. The data here is pretty slow to say the least. Iíve detected B4 & B13. Day & night, no matter what tower Iím on or how close I am to it, I can notice slow data. Anyone have any ideas?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    How slow? Can you post some speed tests?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Not sure what area you're in but this was taken in the morning. Not sure what it would be if ran later in the day when things got busy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Slow Data in LTEiRA Areas

Quote Originally Posted by JTB69 View Post
    Not sure what area you're in but this was taken in the morning. Not sure what it would be if ran later in the day when things got busy.
    Is it the same without VPN?

I'm wondering if they're throttling domestic roaming to 2G speed like in their fine print on fUDP and newer UDP and that's what OP is seeing.

Feedback Score
    I am in the Glasgow area. At times, it will work fine and I will get speed of about 50 Mb per second but then other times itís barely usable.

Feedback Score
    Are you in the BG area full time? Also, Iím on the Beyond UDP.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The VPN is for ad blocking but it doesn't seem to have any impact on speeds.

Yes I'm usually in BG full time and on the 5GB plan.

Feedback Score
    The VPN is for ad blocking but it doesn't seem to have any impact on speeds.

Yes I'm usually in BG full time and on the 5GB plan.
    Did you receive a cutoff letter?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NarcisticPunk View Post
    Did you receive a cutoff letter?
    No not yet. I've called customer service multiple times and the answer I get is that I should be fine since I'm a low data user and on a tiered plan but who knows.

Feedback Score
    No not yet. I've called customer service multiple times and the answer I get is that I should be fine since I'm a low data user and on a tiered plan but who knows.
    Iím a pretty low amount too but I use unlimited data.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    cricket
    Feedback Score
    Iím a pretty low amount too but I use unlimited data.
    What do you get for speeds? Hope they don't do this to prepaid.

Feedback Score
    I had Bluegrass from Feb. 2015 to Feb. 2017 then I switched to the Verizon unlimited plan. I have a Bluegrass IPhone 6 Plus that Iím still using. I switched back to Bluegrass last weekend after getting the termination letter.

The bluegrass tower one mile from my home in rural Butler county was always about 12-15 Mbps downlink and 1-2 Mbps uplink. After I switched to Verizon (just popped a VZW SIM card into my phone) the speeds were identical to when I was with Bluegrass. In early May my speeds gradually slowed. Itís now basically unusable during peak user times. I only get 3-4 Mbps speeds late at night and early morning.

I had no way to complain while using Verizon but now that Iím back with Bluegrass they are going to be hearing from me until itís fixed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew110 View Post
    What do you get for speeds? Hope they don't do this to prepaid.
    It was very intermittent but sometimes I would get X-LTE speed and then the very next second I was getting .01 Mb down.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EricB294 View Post
    I had Bluegrass from Feb. 2015 to Feb. 2017 then I switched to the Verizon unlimited plan. I have a Bluegrass IPhone 6 Plus that Iím still using. I switched back to Bluegrass last weekend after getting the termination letter.

The bluegrass tower one mile from my home in rural Butler county was always about 12-15 Mbps downlink and 1-2 Mbps uplink. After I switched to Verizon (just popped a VZW SIM card into my phone) the speeds were identical to when I was with Bluegrass. In early May my speeds gradually slowed. Itís now basically unusable during peak user times. I only get 3-4 Mbps speeds late at night and early morning.

I had no way to complain while using Verizon but now that Iím back with Bluegrass they are going to be hearing from me until itís fixed.
    If it was just one site then I would fill comfortable chalking it up to network congestion. However, I live in Barren County and you live in rural Butler County and we have the same issue. Have they told you what the problem is? Surely thereís not that big of an issue with UDP that itís congested 24/7.

Feedback Score
    If it was just one site then I would fill comfortable chalking it up to network congestion. However, I live in Barren County and you live in rural Butler County and we have the same issue. Have they told you what the problem is? Surely thereís not that big of an issue with UDP that itís congested 24/7.
    No theyíve not given me an answer yet. A tech support agent is calling me at noon to talk about it. If itís not resolved over the phone, it wonít be, they are going to send an engineer to my home to check it out. All the signs point to network congestion here. I know people have been leaving ATT in droves from this area for the last few years. Unless you live in Morgantown Bluegrass is your only option for decent coverage.

My issues started after bluegrass introduced their unlimited plan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast