Thread: Binge-On forced onto 5GB plan (or all plans)?

Carrier(s)
    TMo 4G/mon
    Feedback Score

Binge-On forced onto 5GB plan (or all plans)?

Has anyone else noticed this? I noticed when I added a refill card to my account, and the summary said I've used like 800MB so far, and 1.8GB of "on plan" (or off, whichever). That surprised me because I don't use Binge-On. So I looked for the setting, and it's gone.

Dialing #BNG# shows it is enabled, and dialing #BOF# gets a response about it being toggled off, but a subsequent call to #BNG# still says it is enabled.

I pay $30 for a measly 100 minutes because I can use 5GB of data however I want. If that's no longer true, this plan loses a significant amount of appeal for me. When I occasionally watch a video to pass the time, I don't want to see it in 480p on a QHD display.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    What happens when you manually change the resolution on the individual video under Settings?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora40 View Post
    Has anyone else noticed this? I noticed when I added a refill card to my account, and the summary said I've used like 800MB so far, and 1.8GB of "on plan" (or off, whichever). That surprised me because I don't use Binge-On. So I looked for the setting, and it's gone.

Dialing #BNG# shows it is enabled, and dialing #BOF# gets a response about it being toggled off, but a subsequent call to #BNG# still says it is enabled.

I pay $30 for a measly 100 minutes because I can use 5GB of data however I want. If that's no longer true, this plan loses a significant amount of appeal for me. When I occasionally watch a video to pass the time, I don't want to see it in 480p on a QHD display.
    When I check my account on the TMobile android app, under services, there's an option to turn binge-on off. I didn't actually try it, cause I want to keep binge-on.

Carrier(s)
    TMo 4G/mon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic55 View Post
    When I check my account on the TMobile android app, under services, there's an option to turn binge-on off. I didn't actually try it, cause I want to keep binge-on.
    Thanks, I'll give that a try. I don't really like having carrier apps on my phone, but I'll give it a shot and can always remove it if it doesn't work. I wouldn't be surprised if it just dials #BOF# though.