Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 8GB Mobile Hotspot will be available on the $60 UNL for $10 as of Oct 8

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

8GB Mobile Hotspot will be available on the $60 UNL for $10 as of Oct 8

Starting October 8, 2017 Cricket customer will be able to add a 8GB Hotspot for $10 extra only on the $60 UNL. Before customers were not able to have Hotspot on the $60 UNL, on other plans Hotspot didn't give any extra data, now you can get 8GB for $10.
    Last edited by DPiFan00; 10-05-2017 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Adding more info.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score
    this is a step in the right direction.

Obviously would be better if $60 plan INCLUDED 8GB of Hotspot.

Feedback Score
    8gb of Hotspot should be included on all of Cricket's plans without extra fees.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Agreed. They should have this included a long time ago

Feedback Score
    However I heard from someone that works at cricket (through one of my colleagues that know he works for cricket) that in the future they are working on including free hotspot when everyone is moved over to the new SIM cards along with getting wifi calling up and running for all devices. He seemed like he knew what he was talking to

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    AT&T wants to differentiate AT&T Prepaid and Postpaid vs Cricket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I’m on the 20gb Advanced plan. I wonder if I should join this if it becomes available. I’m leaning toward doing it: my data will be unlimited though my hotspot would go down to 8gb.

Feedback Score
    I wonder if they will limit all tethering to 8 gb instead of what your plan allows. I.E. 20 GB or 12 gb?

Feedback Score
    While we're at it, they should pay me $100 per month just for being a customer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    While we're at it, they should pay me $100 per month just for being a customer.
    Everyone that has to put up with some of their red tape should get paid. When the service works properly it's great but does seem to have some glitches

Feedback Score
    PSA: Its included with MetroPCS and its 10GB. No throttle either.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    PSA: Its included with MetroPCS and its 10GB. No throttle either.
    This is false. Metro pcs's unlimited plan is $50 with no hotspot, if you want hotspot it is $10 dollars more. So it is not included with metro pcs, it is 10 dollars more for the 10gb of hotspot as this is the only difference between the 50 and 60 dollar plans. It also throttles video streaming and is subject to metro pcs deprioritization rules just as metro pcs is. If you want hd video (which metro pcs caps as 720p video) it would be an additional 10 dollars.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Nexus 6, LG G3, Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, Project Fi, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ksych1 View Post
    This is false. Metro pcs's unlimited plan is $50 with no hotspot, if you want hotspot it is $10 dollars more. So it is not included with metro pcs, it is 10 dollars more for the 10gb of hotspot as this is the only difference between the 50 and 60 dollar plans. It also throttles video streaming and is subject to metro pcs deprioritization rules just as metro pcs is. If you want hd video (which metro pcs caps as 720p video) it would be an additional 10 dollars.
    Video is standard limited to 480p, whereas Cricket is not, just turn stream more off. Another funfact about the 10GB hotspot on metropcs is the fine print.

For unlimited smartphone LTE data plan, full available speeds apply to 8 GB of hotspot data per payment cycle, then speeds slowed for remainder of payment cycle

You have 10GB, but throttled after 8GB. Tsk. It's a nickle and dime game now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ksych1 View Post
    It's kind of funny watching our resident cricket troll (b1geast) and his many aliases trolling the Cricket forum, all the while he shills for T-mobile and MetroPOS. Must be a slow night / morning for him at his mom's basement with nothing else to do.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skreelink View Post
    Video is standard limited to 480p, whereas Cricket is not, just turn stream more off. Another funfact about the 10GB hotspot on metropcs is the fine print.

For unlimited smartphone LTE data plan, full available speeds apply to 8 GB of hotspot data per payment cycle, then speeds slowed for remainder of payment cycle

You have 10GB, but throttled after 8GB. Tsk. It's a nickle and dime game now.
    It really is. Paying extra to utilize the data you've already paid for? Ridiculous.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast