Thread: About to switch from verizon: Please recommend a plan for me.

Feedback Score

About to switch from verizon: Please recommend a plan for me.

Hello everyone.

I've been with Verizon for over 10 years and the contract on my grandfathered family plan is over in 2 weeks. They will double the cost of my unlimited data at that time, so I decided to switch to T-mobile.

What I need is a plan for 6 family members- 5 Iphone plans and 1 dumb phone for grandma. I am the only one in the family who use more data, but never over 10 Gb per month.

Could someone please recommend a plan for me which would be most economical?

I do get 24% discount on ATT wireless through work and I have ATT Uverse for internet at home (I don't have DirecTV).

Thanks!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s plus, Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint :(, Verizon 2009-2015, US Cellular 2006-2008
    Feedback Score
    I have all iphones on my account with the exception of a note 8. We each pay $90 a month and that includes a $5 fee for Apple music I charge everyone. We have 5 people and use the unlimited plan that no longer exists. It's the same plan that you could only get if you had DirecTV. If I were you I would just choose the cheap throttled unlimited plan.

We pay the exact same now as we did on Verizon with a 12GB plan and now we have some heavy data users.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Wow! $90 for 5 iphones??? I pay $280 with Verizon and my plan is going up $40/month next month. What is the name of your plan of you don't mind me asking?

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    He said they pay $90 each**
    Sounds about right minus the $5 for Apple Music.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s plus, Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rjdoc74 View Post
    Wow! $90 for 5 iphones??? I pay $280 with Verizon and my plan is going up $40/month next month. What is the name of your plan of you don't mind me asking?
    Oh. Yea thats $90 per line. With the 256GB iPhone 7 plus on 24month next plans

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I was going to say... I think only Sprint does the 5 lines of unlimited for $90 thing.... (not counting the cost of the phones of course)
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s plus, Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I had sprint. They have more jacked up plans and taxes and fees then all of them. I pay the exact same on ATT as j did with them and had only 40GB of data and their Network was total trash.

Feedback Score
    For 6 phones, the Unlimited Plus is $235 + taxes - $5 for ebill - $5 for paying with debit card. Uverse TV or Direct is required for the $25 credit.

You should be able to have AT&T provide a couple of phones free after monthly credit or bring the Verizon phones except for the flip. Ask AT&T for a better phone then buy a prepaid flip and swap the SIM. Research the current AT&T promotions for new plans.

The unlimited plus should be the most you would pay.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus QCOM, SM-G950U1
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Definitely Unlimited Plus! I highly recommend it.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 3 (with FM Radio), iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Hello everyone.

I've been with Verizon for over 10 years and the contract on my grandfathered family plan is over in 2 weeks. They will double the cost of my unlimited data at that time, so I decided to switch to T-mobile.

What I need is a plan for 6 family members- 5 Iphone plans and 1 dumb phone for grandma. I am the only one in the family who use more data, but never over 10 Gb per month.

Could someone please recommend a plan for me which would be most economical?

I do get 24% discount on ATT wireless through work and I have ATT Uverse for internet at home (I don't have DirecTV).

Thanks!
    If you had DirecTV and stream on your phone (AT&T) it would not count as Data Used for Streaming only on the DirecTV App. I use that feature all the time (DATA FREE TV STREAMING WITH DIRECTV).

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk