Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good sprint phone?

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    att & verizon (resellers of course)
    Feedback Score

Good sprint phone?

Seems I have bad luck in that I picked up 2 a1662/iphone se's and there not compatible with sprint.. (it seems unbelievable a phone that will allow verizon has 0 options for any sprint service) given I've jumped on the $1 plans and am routing my family to do so. wondering what kind of store/retail sprint phone you can pickup that's decent? I thought the verizon moto e's would do it.. but given they're listed as no for sprint.. something else I guess? And I guess I'll be on the lookout for A1723 if I want to get back on apple se's.. for sprint..

I'm also curious about iphone 6s's since it has that band for sprint? Is there any sale I don't know about?

Feedback Score
    All iphone 6s should work.

A1662 / SE should work unless you bought one that is locked eg a cheap one from straight talk. If used on a sprint mvno it needs the flag changing to postpaid which customer service can do. No band 41 but it has bands 25 and 26. The other model is better for sprint with band 41.

The moto E4 unlocked will work. $130.

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jb82 View Post
    If used on a sprint mvno it needs the flag changing to postpaid which customer service can do.
    far as I can tell you can't use the a1662 on sprint at all.. so this information is wrong? unless you have specific instructions for sprint..

Name:  IMG_3431.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  80.3 KB

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE(2), LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    All iphone 6s should work.

A1662 / SE should work unless you bought one that is locked eg a cheap one from straight talk. If used on a sprint mvno it needs the flag changing to postpaid which customer service can do. No band 41 but it has bands 25 and 26. The other model is better for sprint with band 41.

The moto E4 unlocked will work. $130.
    Does not sound like a Sprint device or one intended for the Sprint network so its MEID is most likely not white listed with Sprint and won't activate.
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks and now months, TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers.

Feedback Score
    If it is unlocked it has bands 25 and 26. So yes you can use it on sprint.

Unless who you bought it from got it from an international source, or it was from straight talk or another that locks it to their network.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Unless who you bought it from got it from an international source, or it was from straight talk or another that locks it to their network.
    It can be unlocked and have every band in the universe, but if the MEID/IMEI is not white listed in the Sprint system it will not be allowed.

Feedback Score

Stick the MEID in here and see what it says... https://tello.com/bring_your_own_phone

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Stick the MEID in here and see what it says... https://tello.com/bring_your_own_phone
    You contradict your own post?

It is most likely Straight Talk device.

If the iPhone SE was configured without Band 41 then it was never intended to operate on the Sprint Network, so even if the MEID was found to be compatible with a Sprint MVNO I seriously doubt that MVNO could then flip it from PLBL to SPC to use on Sprint Post-Paid.

In any event I hope the OP finds a positive solution.

Feedback Score
    How have I contradicted my own post? If it is a straight talk phone or similar, international phone or used on a sprint mvno then it is not going to work on sprint postpaid. But an unlocked version should. You should be able to get one that was used previously on a sprint mvno to work on postpaid with some techincal support from sprint. I don't see why they couldn't but I am no expert.

If it has 25 and 26 and cdma it is intended for sprint. Plenty of phones lack band 41. Plus the iphone SE is listed on the sprint BYOD page without any restrictions on which version.

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    my a1662 unlocked iphone se does work on sprint.. but only cdma phone and texting.. it gets 0 data. when I asked a s sprint store to help troubleshoot.. they went with this article that says a1662 does not work on sprint at all...

Name:  IMG_3431_crop.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  61.3 KB

Feedback Score
    https://www.pcmag.com/news/343091/th...rrier-agnostic

This article says it can be used on sprint.

Plus I've used one on a sprint mvno and it worked fine.

"The AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon units, as well as the unlocked unit, do not work well on Sprint or on Canadian carriers. These units are model A1662. It has the LTE bands for AT&T (2/4/5/17/29), T-Mobile (2/4/12), and Verizon (4/13), but not all of Sprint's bands. Sprint's high-speed Band 41, also known as Spark, is missing. While you will get some Sprint LTE signal on bands 25 and 26, it won't be the best speeds."

The everymac article doesn't say it isn't compatible. Please highlight the part where it says that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theemaster View Post
    my a1662 unlocked iphone se does work on sprint.. but only cdma phone and texting.. it gets 0 data. when I asked a s sprint store to help troubleshoot.. they went with this article that says a1662 does not work on sprint at all...

Name:  IMG_3431_crop.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  61.3 KB
    I have a A1662 - iPhone SE bought from Verizon. I had it on Sprint. There was no problem getting data on it. If you are not getting data, most likely the APN is not set up for Sprint. Since you are getting talk and text with this phone, it's already whitelisted on Sprint.

But I had a iPhone 6 that had the same problem you are talking about it. I used this site Change the APN on your iPhone. Once you install the settings from that site, your APN settings will be visible. Delete any of the existing profile. And now install the Sprint profile. You should have it working.

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindolam View Post
    I have a A1662 - iPhone SE bought from Verizon. I had it on Sprint. There was no problem getting data on it. If you are not getting data, most likely the APN is not set up for Sprint. Since you are getting talk and text with this phone, it's already whitelisted on Sprint.

But I had a iPhone 6 that had the same problem you are talking about it. I used this site Change the APN on your iPhone. Once you install the settings from that site, your APN settings will be visible. Delete any of the existing profile. And now install the Sprint profile. You should have it working.
    good information, thanks... the truth is I'm not properly provisioned on sprint for the 1 year free.. they gave me some 40 Gb plan so maybe I can fix it once I get my account properly setup..?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theemaster View Post
    good information, thanks... the truth is I'm not properly provisioned on sprint for the 1 year free.. they gave me some 40 Gb plan so maybe I can fix it once I get my account properly setup..?
    If you need to you can start with a really cheap phone to start with, even a Dura XT flip phone, as a placeholder, and swap later.

To get out of the wrong plan, you can port out to kill it and start over. There is a free 15 day money back guarantee.

Or work it out with them but that can drag out beyond deadlines.

Did you see the advice to that effect to your post on Slick Deals a few days ago?

Only enroll in the Free One Year BYOD program by calling 866-782-8777 (or the web site). They read out the terms at the end of the call to confirm them and record your agreement and they should include "$5 a month with $5 a month discount for autopay".

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindolam View Post

This doesn't seem to work in chrome.. I mean it launches a new page but nothing much happens with it and I can't get safari to launch at all.. how do you get the manual settings to work?

Well today my account got provisioned with the proper plan.. "Unlimited Talk, Text and Data with 10GB of Mobile Hotspot. Requires AutoPay and eBill. $5/line/mo discount with AutoPay. Savings until 9/30/18; then $60/mo. for line 1, $40/mo. for line 2 and $30/mo./line for lines 3-5 with AutoPay." but still got no data..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast