Hybrid View

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Considering the switch from Rogers

Hey all,

In the event someone is actually checking this sub forum, I thought I'd try to get some input

We're in the process of building a house and our only internet solution will be via Eastlink (Bell was too lame and didn't want to wire us for FibreOP). So since we'll be getting our home bundle through Eastlink. I was considering switching cell service from Rogers to Eastlink and getting it all bundled together for one easy bill. Eastlink is also paying out $200 per cell # ported over so that'll nullify the 1 year term left on my wife's phone.

For any current or former Eastlink customers:

-How was the overall wireless signal around the Maritimes? We're in Halifax and venture around NS mostly, a few trips to NB and PEI that's about it

-Keeping with the wireless signal, was it mainly LTE speeds around urban areas?

-How was customer support interaction? So far they've been very fair over the phone but it could just be due to them trying to win over my business (they don't know that I basically have no choice haha)

Any additional input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I canít really speak to coverage with them as Iím in Newfoundland and Iím a Rogers user myself but based on the cell tower map online for Nova Scotia it looks like they have most areas Rogers has covered - covered as well! Except a big chunk of Cape Breton Island which Iím sure will be expanded to in time.

Eastlink only just launched here in St. Johnís back in June so I havenít had the pleasure of meeting anyone yet who uses them as their provider but from what Iíve heard through the grapevine they seem to have awesome customer service and the coverage here is pretty reliable around town with constant expansion. They roam on Rogers and Bell outside of their own network footprint at no extra cost as long as you spend at least 51% of your usage and time on the native Eastlink network.

Their pricing is a bit nicer than the majority of the plans of the Big 3 and Iíve been considering switching to them but I have an amazing plan bundled with my home Rogers services so I canít see me jumping ship anytime soon. The convenience of the one bill for all services and steep discounts is too good to pass up!

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newfoundlander1 View Post
    I canít really speak to coverage with them as Iím in Newfoundland and Iím a Rogers user myself but based on the cell tower map online for Nova Scotia it looks like they have most areas Rogers has covered - covered as well! Except a big chunk of Cape Breton Island which Iím sure will be expanded to in time.

Eastlink only just launched here in St. Johnís back in June so I havenít had the pleasure of meeting anyone yet who uses them as their provider but from what Iíve heard through the grapevine they seem to have awesome customer service and the coverage here is pretty reliable around town with constant expansion. They roam on Rogers and Bell outside of their own network footprint at no extra cost as long as you spend at least 51% of your usage and time on the native Eastlink network.

Their pricing is a bit nicer than the majority of the plans of the Big 3 and Iíve been considering switching to them but I have an amazing plan bundled with my home Rogers services so I canít see me jumping ship anytime soon. The convenience of the one bill for all services and steep discounts is too good to pass up!
    Excellent, thanks for the great info. Seems like the only issue I'll run into with Eastlink is their device selection if I ever decide upgrade. They mostly carry iPhone's and Samsung's 😑

Feedback Score
    ^The beauty of sim cards, Do what most of the world does Buy a Phone else where. Almost every where in the world people don't buy cell phones from there cell service providers.