Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 lines for $100 Coming to an end?

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

5 lines for $100 Coming to an end?

Magic Tech Review, a very reliable source on YouTube states that 5 lines for $100 is coming to an end on October 22nd. This was one of the things that attracted many customers to cricket. What do you think?

https://youtu.be/KzvmodIIlBU

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Something new is coming. I don't know what it is but it something different and yes, i have the 5 for $100/mo.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I would have liked to hear some mention of a source, but I don't follow his YouTube channel so I don't know if this is always how he reports things.

Right now I'll just wait to see what shakes out. Hopefully current customers would be grandfathered in for at least a few months to weigh their options.
    Last edited by sinclair479; 10-06-2017 at 09:05 AM. Reason: finishing my thought

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well they wouldn't make it worse ? It's probably gonna be something better

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto G4
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    There's not a whole lot of room for them to push much higher on pricing, though I could see them making it a flat $30 discount on each line after the first 3 (so there's be no "free fifth line.") However, there's a number of AT&T MVNOs that offer similar plans for around $30-$40 a month, and at least H2O has a 4 line plan for $100. I doubt AT&T wants to push too many people away from Cricket to MVNOs, especially relatively sticky 5-line plans. While they'd ideally want them all on AT&T postpaid, having them on Cricket at least allows AT&T to get the entire $100 (well, minus taxes) instead of just getting the usage fees from the MVNOs (or worse, having them go to a non-AT&T service where they get $0.)

It's also possible they'll make it some sort of "unlimited 2 for families" where 5 lines are $125, maybe with a $10 upgrade per line to full speed unlimited. That would increase ARPU while still offering a decent value for families.
    Not bad for a free unlimited line from Sprint!

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    Well they wouldn't make it worse ? It's probably gonna be something better

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app
    "Better"? For who, customers? Not the trend lately at Cricket!

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone SE, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-260, 310-150
    Feedback Score
    I’m wondering where this will fall and if current customers will be grandfathered in for awhile. I looked at AT&T Prepaid’s pricing (and slightly different group discounts) and it sort of seems like Cricket would have to still be cheaper, so that’s making me cautiously optimistic about the changes. On the other hand, I just bought a few months’ worth of refills at discounted pricing, so I’m selfishly hoping that I won’t want to bail.

Device(s)
    Note2/Oppo7a
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score
    Just so long as I can stay on till Jan so I can use up my refills I will be happy. I was planning on leaving in Jan anyway.

Feedback Score
    My guess would be typical ARPU padding up by AT&T ..the fifth free line goes away .. it becomes 4 for 100. For folks who join groups online won't have issues ..they would just reconstitute in a different way ..for real families ..real pain ...

Prepaid price wars have abated and unless Tmo starts one ..no one else is going to start one ..least of all Cricket.

I see encouraging signs from Red Pocket and Pure talk ...but they are tiny compared to Cricket ... and their niche seems to be to lower entry point for low usage customers ...(like me).

Actually 5 lines for $100 w/ 4 gb data was Cricket's winning-est move. If they tinker that all bets are off.
    Sign up each new ported-in line (within the last 30 days) for Cricket Rewards with http://getm.pt/mrw4vo?STEVENP-0FCEE2

and receive $25 in account credit.

Device(s)
    Moto G4
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    To be fair, this is all speculation as this seems to be the only source I've seen so far regarding it. It may be nothing, or it may just be some small change (maybe requiring autopay?)

That being said, if they do tinker with it and go with 4 lines for $100 without any further discounts for fifth lines, I'd be having to look to see what's out there again. I don't think they'll drop the discount entirely for a fifth line even if they rework it, and even if they do they'd be crazy to not grandfather in existing customers - a jump from $100 to $140 would lead to some significant churn, though I think they could get away with a $10 increase on the fifth line without seeing too much churn, especially if they widened it up so that up to 8-10 lines would be eligible for a $30/line discount.

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Maybe it will be 5 lines for $110. I remember earlier, the 5 lines for $100 was a promotion which was given an end date then later removed.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Well with all the changes they have grandfathered old plans and prices. Maybe those on the group plan with 5 lines will be able to stay but if they tried to upgrade to a higher plan they will lose the free fifth line. Changes are surely a coming.....the thrill is going, going...gone!
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Feedback Score
    My guess is it will be a way to squeeze more $$ out of customers. There has been a slow upwards creep in fees for things that used to not have a fee

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO G, Iphone 6 On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buglewe View Post
    Maybe it will be 5 lines for $110. I remember earlier, the 5 lines for $100 was a promotion which was given an end date then later removed.
    This is how I remember it also. From what I remember the 5 lines for $100 was a promotion that was supposed to end about 2 years ago. It was extended but I don't think they ever gave a new end date. I can't remember if it was supposed to go up to $110 or $120 after the initial promotion ended.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket x 10 lines
    Feedback Score
    Hopefully grandfathered just bought 2yrs of refills for my 10 lines at Target sale

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast