Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: Sprint and T-Mobile Are Ironing Out Final Deal Details

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,582
    Feedback Score
    0

    Sprint and T-Mobile Are Ironing Out Final Deal Details

    Almost done:

    Sprint Corp. and T-Mobile US Inc. are putting the finishing touches on a merger that’s likely to be announced when the wireless carriers report quarterly earnings at the end of October, according to people familiar with the matter.

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...l-deal-details

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore area
    Posts
    1,343
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint $50 iPhone Plan
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Any details on the debt and how much Softbank might eat in a deal?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    23
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mossme89 View Post
    Any details on the debt and how much Softbank might eat in a deal?
    Probably not until the actual merger is announced. Softbank will have to eat a big portion of the debt, there is no way t mobile is stupid enough to do this deal and being stuck with bag of unreasonable debt.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore area
    Posts
    1,343
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint $50 iPhone Plan
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    Probably not until the actual merger is announced. Softbank will have to eat a big portion of the debt, there is no way t mobile is stupid enough to do this deal and being stuck with bag of unreasonable debt.
    Yeah DT holds all the leverage. They will be fine if this deal doesn't go through. Solidly #3, but with enough spectrum and cash to still compete with the big 2. Sprint, meanwhile, could possibly be merging with bankruptcy if they don't get this deal, or best case fading into a distant 4th.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    7,891
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    0
    From what it looks like to me TMobile is in the driver's seat

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    97
    Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    If this happens, there is not way both Verizon and AT&T won't complain about a huge discrepancy in spectrum holdings. The new T-Mo/Sprint entity will have to relinquish at least some.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    23
    Feedback Score
    0
    If tmobile is finalizing the deal, clearly they're getting what they want from sprint. The question is how much the other two will kick and scream about those spectrum holdings. Tmobile better hold on as much of the 2.5ghz they can. The 850 can go because of recent auction. Maybe try to keep 850 as fallback in regions where the 600 they got was 10 or less mhz.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,582
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    If tmobile is finalizing the deal, clearly they're getting what they want from sprint. The question is how much the other two will kick and scream about those spectrum holdings. Tmobile better hold on as much of the 2.5ghz they can. The 850 can go because of recent auction. Maybe try to keep 850 as fallback in regions where the 600 they got was 10 or less mhz.
    I think it's actually 800 (old Nextel spectrum) and it's not a very big block from I recall. May they'll need to sell off some of the 2.5GHz to the other two. That would seem reasonable.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,058
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yeah, B26 is only a 6x6 block if I remember. Nothing really that great.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    303
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dcgore View Post
    If this happens, there is not way both Verizon and AT&T won't complain about a huge discrepancy in spectrum holdings. The new T-Mo/Sprint entity will have to relinquish at least some.
    Verizon chose to sit out of the last auction. How can they complain?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    97
    Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieAl View Post
    Verizon chose to sit out of the last auction. How can they complain?
    I think you already know.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,505
    Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    It's getting closer folks!
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    303
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dcgore View Post
    I think you already know.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They didn't really even have to pay for their 10+10 lowband. Maybe it's time they spend a bit. They're free to buy DISH if they'd like more spectrum.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore area
    Posts
    1,343
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint $50 iPhone Plan
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dcgore View Post
    If this happens, there is not way both Verizon and AT&T won't complain about a huge discrepancy in spectrum holdings. The new T-Mo/Sprint entity will have to relinquish at least some.
    You know what they say about people who live in glass houses. NewCo would have slightly more spectrum (at least prime spectrum in low-band and the 2 Ghz range) than AT&T. That would bode well for Verizon who has about the same amount of spectrum as T-Mobile but twice the subscribers. They're very spectrum-starved.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore area
    Posts
    1,343
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint $50 iPhone Plan
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieAl View Post
    They didn't really even have to pay for their 10+10 lowband. Maybe it's time they spend a bit. They're free to buy DISH if they'd like more spectrum.
    I think at this point Dish is going to either lose their licenses or sell them at bargain-basement prices.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-19-2014, 09:05 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-14-2010, 11:59 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-01-2004, 09:52 AM
  4. New Samsung cellys for Sprint and T-mobile
    By chenyichung in forum Samsung
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-16-2002, 08:16 PM
  5. Sprint and Bell Mobility collaborate on CDMA technology advancement
    By Xirc in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2002, 11:59 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks