Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Mobley unlimited plan retired

Feedback Score
    In that case why not just get a hotspot instead of the tablet?

Feedback Score
    I keep seeing people mention a $29.95 standalone unlimited tablet plan but I can't find any mention of it on the AT&T website, only measured DataConnect plans. Is the standalone unlimited tablet plan no longer available, or maybe I misunderstood?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cocky01 View Post
    In that case why not just get a hotspot instead of the tablet?
    Because there is no standalone hotspot unlimited plan unless you already have a CCU plan. If you do single line UDP+ with a standalone tablet line, it is about $125 with the taxes. According to the T&C you are not supposed to put the tablet SIM in a hotspot, but it appears that people do that on the prepaid $29.99/mo Tablet unlimited prepaid plan so you might be able to do it and get away with it, idk.

And if you do multi-line UDP+ with a phone and a hotspot, it is $145 + taxes/fees = about $165/mo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nocaps View Post
    I keep seeing people mention a $29.95 standalone unlimited tablet plan but I can't find any mention of it on the AT&T website, only measured DataConnect plans. Is the standalone unlimited tablet plan no longer available, or maybe I misunderstood?
    I don't see it either anymore. It was a prepaid plan unlimited for tablets only but people say they were able to stick their SIMs in jetpacks and it worked. I used to see it here:

https://www.att.com/prepaid/plans.html

Maybe it is gone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by publicjesse View Post
    Depending what you use it for, you may be better off with the (still available) standalone data connect auto-renew $29.99 iPad UDP plan instead of a Mobley
    I don't see that on the website any longer. They did some kind of update to the website on Saturday night, I wonder if they discontinued it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by publicjesse View Post
    Or, if you are on Unlimited+ single line plan, you can add 1 or 2 tablets/iPads for only additional $20 each without changing the plan to multi-line.
    Have people been able to stick the tablet SIM in a jetpack and get away with it?

Feedback Score
    Ok i guess i am confused so - a tablet and a phone are still considerered a single line UDP+ , but a hotspot and a phone are considered a multiline? I was guessing that the tablet and hotspot would be considered the same thing thats why i was asking.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cocky01 View Post
    Ok i guess i am confused so - a tablet and a phone are still considerered a single line UDP+ , but a hotspot and a phone are considered a multiline?
    It's all explained in the link I provided in my earlier post. Click on the link and read it. If you have single line UDP+ with a phone on it, you can add up to 2 standalone tablet or wearable unlimited lines to your account. You cannot add a jetpack or any other data only device to a single line UDP+, just tablets or wearables. However, if you have a cellular tablet, you may be able to add a standalone tablet line to your single line UDP+ and then stick the SIM in a jetpack and get away with it. That is however against the T&Cs of the plan.

If you want a phone and a jetpack on UDP+ without breaching the T&Cs, you have to get multi-line UDP+.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post
    I don't see it either anymore. It was a prepaid plan unlimited for tablets only but people say they were able to stick their SIMs in jetpacks and it worked. I used to see it here:

https://www.att.com/prepaid/plans.html

Maybe it is gone?
    iPad plan is still available. I went through the process of creating a new account and the unlimited plan is still listed. $30 with autopay and $35 without autopay. Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1518477030.617691.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  34.9 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings2510 View Post
    iPad plan is still available. I went through the process of creating a new account and the unlimited plan is still listed. $30 with autopay and $35 without autopay.
    That's good to know but the fact that it isn't being advertised tells me that it may not be long for this world. If you want one, get it now.

Feedback Score
    That's good to know but the fact that it isn't being advertised tells me that it may not be long for this world. If you want one, get it now.
    Yeah. If they do away with it does AT&T typically grandfather prepaid plans as they do postpaid, or does the renewal option just disappear and you're done?

Feedback Score
    Yeah. If they do away with it does AT&T typically grandfather prepaid plans as they do postpaid, or does the renewal option just disappear and you're done?
    I think with the original unlimited iPad prepaid plans as long as you kept paying each month on time, you kept your plan. If you don't pay on time, idk what happens, but as long as you renewed on time every month, you kept the plan.

Feedback Score
    That's true..wouldn't surprise me. Definitely don't want to want if you're on the fence!

Feedback Score
    With autopay it will continue to renew every month as the other person said. But I have seen stories of people switching debit cards and not updating the card on the plan. Some were able to catch it and save the plan within a day...others were out of luck. So if you get one definitely make sure it's paid on time every month. Especially if they do discontinue it. Don't want to take any risks. But there are people that are still on the original iPad plan with no problems.

Feedback Score
    I got my Mobley and CCU plan in July 2017 with no contract. I have not been cancelled and the price has not changed (yet). I have it auto pay from a virtual credit card with enough balance to pay for a year.

As a month-to-month customer they can do whatever they want with my account after my paid service has been used for a month. They are making money on me. I only use a few hundred MB a month.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast