Thread: Netgear Unite Explore New update is here!!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Netgear Unite Explore New update is here!!

ive been waiting for an update from ATT for the explore, i check for updates every few weeks and just today i got the new update, anyone with a explore knows about the software being really buggy...anything from restarts device to dropping LTE-device locking up etc.. well so far i havent notice anything different with the update but maybe others will with this post?

https://www.att.com/devicehowto/tuto...1RwSowE9uDOYPQ
    Sign up for Ibotta, the app that really helps you save money on item's you already buy, click on the link below to get a $10 bonus! After $20 you can send the funds to a PayPal account or a gift card (wal-mart,target,giant eagle etc)

https://www.ibotta.com/r/vkubwkv

Don't have Ibotta? download it here:

Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ibotta.android

iPhone https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibotta/id559887125

Device(s)
    Nexus1, formerly a G1
    Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score
    This is the main reason I've avoided the Explore, and opted for the ZTE Velocity. Reliability. My history of Netgear has me sworn off their products for well over a decade now, and current reports of buggyness are simply reaffirming that history. I'll trade a few mbps in speed for reliability any day of the week. (ZTE 2X CA, UE 3X CA).

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    This is the main reason I've avoided the Explore, and opted for the ZTE Velocity. Reliability. My history of Netgear has me sworn off their products for well over a decade now, and current reports of buggyness are simply reaffirming that history. I'll trade a few mbps in speed for reliability any day of the week. (ZTE 2X CA, UE 3X CA).

yea, ive a some things about it and thought it could be a bad batch and or software updates will help...i got my explore 2 months ago tho its buggy the speeds went from 3Mbps (mobley) to 65Mbps (explore usb tether) if im on wifi maxs out around 20Mbps...money already spent so ill keep what i have lol

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    UPDATE: still has the same bugs as before..what a waste of a update..wow

Feedback Score
    What's the firmware version and firmware date? Because I checked and my unit says it's up to date. My firmware has a date of 8/24/17 and the version is ntg9x40c_11.14.08.28

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings2510 View Post
    What's the firmware version and firmware date? Because I checked and my unit says it's up to date. My firmware has a date of 8/24/17 and the version is ntg9x40c_11.14.08.28
    Mine shows the same as yours and is an unlocked version. It looks like Netgear shoved out the update in August and ATT is just now pushing it out to their locked version.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings2510 View Post
    the one u list is the latest update from ATT

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Star View Post
    Mine shows the same as yours and is an unlocked version. It looks like Netgear shoved out the update in August and ATT is just now pushing it out to their locked version.

for some reason from my device it showed no updates and the last update was around this time last year 2016..i was able to access the update on the netgear log in page while tether usb...thats when i found and install the update..on ATT website it says

Release date: September 27, 2017

and i think u are 100% right about the unlock ones getting the updates first, mine is lock and got the update over the weekend