T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Mobile Without Borders Now Subject to 5GB Data Limit

https://www.tmonews.com/2017/10/t-mo...t-november-12/

Name:  tmobilemobilewithoutborders-768x375.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  61.0 KB

T-Mobile has revealed a change coming to its Mobile Without Borders feature.

Starting November 12th, 2017, customers on T-Mobile One, Simple Choice North America, and qualifying legacy plans will have unlimited talk, text, and up to 5GB of 4G LTE data in Mexico and Canada. After that 5GB of usage, customers will have unlimited data at 128Kbps, or 256Kbps on T-Mobile One Plus.

When it launched in mid-2015, Mobile Without Borders allowed customers to use their 4G LTE data just like they did in the U.S.

As for why T-Mobile is making this change, the carrier says that it’s aiming to “prevent usage beyond the intent of the product.” T-Mo explains that less than 1 percent of people that travel to Mexico and Canada use more than 5GB of data per month.

This change is a disappointing one, as you know exactly how much high-speed data you have while traveling to Mexico and Canada — however much you normally have — without adding anything to your plan or worrying about an international data allotment. With this new limit, customers with 10GB or unlimited*high-speed*data allotments will be limited in the amount that they can use while traveling.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    I wish Euro roaming were like this !

Feedback Score
    It kind of sucks but if people are abusing it, I can understand why they’d want to cap it. 5GB seems a bit low though...

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Hmmmm, the "uncarrier" is starting to sound more and more "carrier" everyday.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    It happens. Perhaps you can switch away from T-Mobile to another coverage that gives you more high speed data each month in Canada and Mexico.

Feedback Score
    I'm kinda torn about this change. On the one hand, I'm never likely to require more than 1-2 Gb in either location, but it is a minor reduction in my plan features. Also, I have the 256kbps fallback from Promo Plus. However, we did just get the free bump to 50 Gb of unrestricted domestic data without hearing much dissatisfaction about the previous level.

I suspect the Bean Counters had a hand in this revision. This is a major yawn for me.

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ignore the tmobile fan boys, if this was any other carrier, they'd be pissing and moaning, but God forbid anyone knock tmobile lol

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app
    NHCharmedOne

My opinions are mine, not yours, no one says you have to agree with them! =)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by erikkarma808 View Post
    It kind of sucks but if people are abusing it, I can understand why they’d want to cap it. 5GB seems a bit low though...
    I respectfully disagree that merely using a service that you paid for is "abuse".

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score

Sent from my XT1635-01 using HoFo mobile app
    I think the intent of the offering got abused, can’t much blame them for limiting their exposure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Come on, John! When we asked for "more caps", this wasn't what we meant!

Name:  q13ghcf07n0z.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  32.5 KB

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus / Apple iPhone 7 / Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    No, it's just that their business model for "all you can eat data" was unsustainable when you're utilizing it on a partner network. You aren't paying for it, your home wireless carrier is. Look at Verizon, they ran the same unsustainable business model of offering the same thing in Canada and Mexico, look what they ended up doing...

But hey I enjoyed the ride of unlimited data while in Mexico while it lasted....

T-Mobile is partly to blame for this by placing their retail stores and heavy marketing strategy near the border, very likely with one with Mexico..

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    I think the intent of the offering got abused, can’t much blame them for limiting their exposure.
    Tragedy of the Commons proven once again. Human nature is consistent on a large scale.

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyjones View Post
    Don't be such a drama queen. No one is complaining except for you
    You haven't seen reddit lately have you? It's a dumpster fire over there .. https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com..._5gb_lte_data/

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256 GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Re-Carrier 10!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus / Apple iPhone 7 / Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    T-Mobile tried kicking off users for their excessive usage in Canada and Mexico to reduce their exposure, but it guess that wasn't enough so now they have to resort to this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast