Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: why is the Verizon signal so bad in Puerto Rico? (even before the hurricane)

Feedback Score

why is the Verizon signal so bad in Puerto Rico? (even before the hurricane)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaCL View Post
    Easy answer Verizon doesn't cover Puerto Rico. They only have roaming on open Mobile. Open Mobile is merging with Sprint. They own the Band 13 license. So the carriers are att, Tmobile, Sprint,Claro and open Mobile.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The best networks in Puerto Rico are AT&T and Claro which run on GSM, UMTS and LTE in terms of performance and cell site density. Again Verizon runs on a legacy CDMA network called Open Mobile...

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Why doesn't Verizon have native service there?

Feedback Score
    Good question. All providers have service there except Verizon. The must be a good business reason behind this decision.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    Good question. All providers have service there except Verizon. The must be a good business reason behind this decision.
    Claro shutdown the CDMA for GSM which vzw was under. Band 13 is owned by open Mobile who is now mergering with Sprint.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    I think that's kind of a big ask. I'm not saying they should or shouldn't, but building out decent coverage in any sort of big area is a large task. You saw what happened with LTEiRA. Sometimes it's cheaper to rely on someone else. Substantially cheaper.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    You might ask the same about Guam. They don't because they decided not to. From the pains and expense the other carriers are undergoing to try to restore service there, it seems like a good decision.
    Donald Newcomb

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Verizon used to run the CDMA network up until 2006.

On April 3, 2006, Verizon Communications announced it had agreed to sell its stakes in Telecomunicaciones de Puerto Rico, Inc. (TELPRI) and their sole ownership of the main Dominican telephone company Verizon Dominicana, now Claro República Dominicana, to América Móvil of Mexico.[2][3]

On December 31, 2006, Verizon and América Móvil completed Verizon Dominicana ownership transfer into Mexican hands. After another three months and various litigations upon the Federal Communications Commission, which had advise from the Puerto Rico Telecommunications Board, on March 30, 2007 TELPRI assets were completely acquired by América Móvil. The purchase was closed after an agreement to purchase from Popular, Inc., the government of Puerto Rico and the telephone company employee stock ownership program, the remaining stocks of TELPRI at the same price as Verizon.
    WiFi Guru

Feedback Score
    well... I guess I can ask the same question about Verizon's coverage(or total lack of coverage) in many parts of upstate New York. (where AT&T and T-Mobile have consistent 4 or 5 bars of signals)

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    well... I guess I can ask the same question about Verizon's coverage(or total lack of coverage) in many parts of upstate New York. (where AT&T and T-Mobile have consistent 4 or 5 bars of signals)
    So at this point, you're just trolling?

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256 GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    LOL is this some sort of joke?

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO G, Iphone 6 On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Where about in upstate NY are referring? I'm in upstate NY and I use AT&T and my wife uses Verizon and we seem to have almost identical coverage. The only place I've ever noticed that I have coverage and she doesn't is at our camp in the Adirondack mountains and that's located in a very remote area.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    LOL is this some sort of joke?
    It may be an ATT/T-Mobile paid shill.

Feedback Score
    LMFAO WHAT? Stop trolling

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast