Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New Plan Unlimited 4 Lines $100, Where are The Comments

Feedback Score

New Plan Unlimited 4 Lines $100, Where are The Comments

Just noticed new plan this am. Yes it is a family plan but it certainly offers a great price point if your coverage from the T-Mobile network is adequate. No Tethering, but also no speed bumps till exceeding 35Gb.

Ok, lets hear the downside.

Feedback Score
    If I didn’t have another month+ of credit on Cricket, I’d port over this week.

I have a throwaway line going with Metro (needed to score the $49 iPhone SE). TMO has vastly improved in my area (Boston, MA).

OTOH, with the free/almost free phones...it might just be worth biting the bullet and porting now.

I need to see when this promo ends.

Feedback Score
    *Crickets*

Just kidding. More people are talking about this on the Cricket forum than the MetroPCS forum, funny.

It's great timing because there are rumors that Cricket is ending the 5 lines for $100 with a price increase. This should stick AT&T where it hurts!!

Now if MetroPCS / T-mobile gets the 600mhz coverage rolled out, it could be quite a nice option for more people.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    *Crickets*

Just kidding. More people are talking about this on the Cricket forum than the MetroPCS forum, funny.

It's great timing because there are rumors that Cricket is ending the 5 lines for $100 with a price increase. This should stick AT&T where it hurts!!

Now if MetroPCS / T-mobile gets the 600mhz coverage rolled out, it could be quite a nice option for more people.
    The last time I was this happy about “a deal” was when I started to get good yields cooking my own meth.

More meth at a lower cost? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uncapped speed unlimited data at a lower cost? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    This might be a move to get Cricket customers over to Metro and keep them while Cricket's family plan price goes up next month.

I moved from cricket to the Metro $60+25+25+25 plan. I'm not a candidate for this deal because I want tethering included (and I don't feel like rooting/jailbreaking any more). If that changes and we can tether, I'll make it happen and move to this new deal.

Feedback Score
    *Crickets*

It would hurt att if cricket was a main supplier or revenue for att. It's really not though. If cricket is raising their rates they obviously feel having less but more profitable customers is fine for them over the having more but less profitable route. I'm positive tmobiles last 2 quarters have more to do with them offering this over anything cricket is planning. Adds have been way down and churn has been creeping up on metro, metro is a bigger part of tmobiles overall revenue stream than cricket is to Att's. A successful metro pcs is vital to TMobile.

As to the ops let's hear the downside, there really isn't much. No tethering and throttled streaming are about all that would be considered downsides, but at 25 per line hard to complain about that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ksych1 View Post
    It would hurt att if cricket was a main supplier or revenue for att. It's really not though. If cricket is raising their rates they obviously feel having less but more profitable customers is fine for them over the having more but less profitable route. I'm positive tmobiles last 2 quarters have more to do with them offering this over anything cricket is planning. Adds have been way down and churn has been creeping up on metro, metro is a bigger part of tmobiles overall revenue stream than cricket is to Att's. A successful metro pcs is vital to TMobile.

As to the ops let's hear the downside, there really isn't much. No tethering and throttled streaming are about all that would be considered downsides, but at 25 per line hard to complain about that.
    The other downside is you can't just slap the SIM card into any GSM phone you want with Metro, you have to call CS to switch phones over (carryover from CDMA days). But those on the MetroPCS forum should know this.

Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    The last time I was this happy about “a deal” was when I started to get good yields cooking my own meth.

More meth at a lower cost? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uncapped speed unlimited data at a lower cost? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOL it certainly makes things a lot more lively!

Feedback Score
    The other downside is you can't just slap the SIM card into any GSM phone you want with Metro, you have to call CS to switch phones over (carryover from CDMA days). But those on the MetroPCS forum should know this.
    This is true also. You have to call or now they do have online chat available through their my metro app and you can also do it through online chat. Takes forever on online chat though.

Feedback Score

LOL it certainly makes things a lot more lively!

Feedback Score
    The uncapped speed thing isn't overly true though. Metro pcs is deprioritzed over TMobile. Depending on your area you will notice a difference. I have a TMobile postpaid line and had a metro prepaid line for a month to get a free phone, the metro line was considerably slower than my TMobile line. It was a noticable difference, when getting over 20 down on TMobile the metro line right next to it would be lucky to hit 5. But this is just my area and other areas have shown little to no difference between the 2. So as always YMMV

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ljderm View Post
    Just noticed new plan this am. Yes it is a family plan but it certainly offers a great price point if your coverage from the T-Mobile network is adequate. No Tethering, but also no speed bumps till exceeding 35Gb.

Ok, lets hear the downside.
    There are golden handcuffs involved with this deal: removing one particular line (whichever Metro considers to be the "new" line) will cause the price to jump up to the current rate. Right now, 3 lines of the $50 plan is $50+$30+$30 or $110.

I went from Cricket to the $60+25+25 plan last week. Not only haven't I been blown away with any speed or ping difference, right away I started noticing lag (both sides of the DMV area) in places that streamed video without hiccup on Cricket. I've been satisfied for the most part, though and assuming that I don't have issues on any vacations or with building penetration, I'll be on Metro for the foreseeable future.

Feedback Score
    Question for Android users: Which “free” phone(s) would you recommend getting for this deal?

Feedback Score
    Question for Android users: Which “free” phone(s) would you recommend getting for this deal?
    The blade zmax is the best spec'd device, 32gb of internal storage 2gb of RAM and a 6in 1080p screen. It's not the best running device though. The ZTE is terrible at ram management. But it is the best specd out of the bunch. The smoothest are the Moto e4 and the j7 prime. But they are lower specd than the ZTE, but overall I'd say they are better overall devices.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ksych1 View Post
    The blade zmax is the best spec'd device, 32gb of internal storage 2gb of RAM and a 6in 1080p screen. It's not the best running device though. The ZTE is terrible at ram management. But it is the best specd out of the bunch. The smoothest are the Moto e4 and the j7 prime. But they are lower specd than the ZTE, but overall I'd say they are better overall devices.
    Thank you very much!

Feedback Score
    Thank you very much!
    No problem. It really does depend on what your looking for also. There is no doubt the ZTE has the best screen out of the bunch and the biggest battery. So if you're huge on watching media the ZTE would likely be better, but the screens aren't bad at all on the j7 or e4. I've owned and used all 3, like I said performance wise it's not even close the e4 and j7 are much smoother, I don't know what it is with ZTE software but all of their devices are terrible on ram management. They run basically a stock skin but for some reason they all have ram issues.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast