Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New Plan Unlimited 4 Lines $100, Where are The Comments

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by william83 View Post
    ZTE Zmax has very few LTE bands. It is custom fitted for T-Mobile. It is either used on Metro or used on wifi, definitely not a travel phone.
    For some reason also ZTE devices are terrible with ram management. The ram will always be full. The blade zmax may be the best spec'd free device but I'd argue against it being the actual best device. I think both the e4 and j7 run better than the blade zmax. But with everything people's opinions needs and wants are different and may have different feelings.

Feedback Score
    Android manage memory not ZTE, correct? I am no expert.

Feedback Score
    Android manage memory not ZTE, correct? I am no expert.
    software can affect memory management. ZTE doesn't run pure Android, there is a skin on top of it. It looks like a light skin, but there is something going on underneath it. It has terrible ram management underneath. Every ZTE phone I've used had the same issue. Multitasking is terrible on it. Everything needs to refresh, everything bogs down with just an app or 2 open. I dunno really what they do to the software that makes that happen as the e4 also only has 2gb of ram but much better ram management. My personal opinion is it's just poorly coded software from ZTE. But that's just my opinion have nothing to back it up besides the device having ram issues. Besides that it's a nice phone and spec wise can't be beat for the price. Just not the smoothest thing out there.

Feedback Score
    I switched to MPCS a week ago and I have to say I'm very satisfied with the service. This is a great promo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 100South View Post
    I switched to MPCS a week ago and I have to say I'm very satisfied with the service. This is a great promo.

Excellent! I tracked down a store that had Galaxy J7s in stock and am heading over later today to do the port.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ksych1 View Post
    software can affect memory management. ZTE doesn't run pure Android, there is a skin on top of it. It looks like a light skin, but there is something going on underneath it. It has terrible ram management underneath. Every ZTE phone I've used had the same issue. Multitasking is terrible on it. Everything needs to refresh, everything bogs down with just an app or 2 open. I dunno really what they do to the software that makes that happen as the e4 also only has 2gb of ram but much better ram management. My personal opinion is it's just poorly coded software from ZTE. But that's just my opinion have nothing to back it up besides the device having ram issues. Besides that it's a nice phone and spec wise can't be beat for the price. Just not the smoothest thing out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    Excellent! I tracked down a store that had Galaxy J7s in stock and am heading over later today to do the port.
    I got the ZTE Zmax devices and sold all but one and recouped my initial taxes and fees as well as paid for a month and a half of service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 100South View Post
    I got the ZTE Zmax devices and sold all but one and recouped my initial taxes and fees as well as paid for a month and a half of service.

Excellent!

I’m regifting the free phones and the J7, based on info received here (thanks again ksych1) and phonescoop.com, the J7 runs well and has most of the LTE bands that are utilized where they’re going (Europe).

The changes Cricket made to purchasing phones from them suck. It’s a reason why I’m porting out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    The changes Cricket made to purchasing phones from them suck. It’s a reason why I’m porting out.
    You cannot buy your unlock phone anymore? That sucks.

Feedback Score
    You cannot buy your unlock phone anymore? That sucks.
    Current Cricket customers pay both a higher retail price and a $25 upgrade fee when upgrading a line(s) on Cricket versus new customers porting in lines.

You can still get the phone unlocked immediately if you’re on one of their Unlimited plans; they haven’t taken that perk away...yet.

Overall, most of the “fun” that was Cricket has been chipped away and it’s become much more “corporate AT&T”.

Feedback Score
    Done. 3 lines/$90 month. Blazing fast compared to Cricket. Didn’t even get charged sales tax on the J7s.

Me likey!

Feedback Score
    ^^ Congrats. Do you have to use the new free phone with your new line? Or just put the Metro sim in your current phone?

Feedback Score
    Just curious, is metro capped at 20 Mb/s like the other T-Mobile MVNOs?

Feedback Score
    ^^ Congrats. Do you have to use the new free phone with your new line? Or just put the Metro sim in your current phone?
    Thank you. As soon as I got home, I called Metro and swapped the SIMs out and into my regular phones. I'm putting the J7s away (they both have the Metro “Device Unlock” app installed) and will hopefully unlock them in 90-ish days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kmetz View Post
    Nope. I posted a speed test in this forum earlier today: 42.25 down/10.37 up.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...0#post16928760

Just ran another one: 32.39 down/4.80 up.
    Last edited by bakedapple; 11-14-2017 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Added Speedtest link.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kmetz View Post
    Definitely not
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1510708336.119351.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  41.0 KB

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast