Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Net10 LG 236C Phone Work With Tracfone?

Feedback Score

Net10 LG 236C Phone Work With Tracfone?

As the title says. :-)

My phone just flat out died suddenly. Won't charge or even show that it has power of any kind. A new battery is more expensive than the phone, so I found this one at the WalMart site: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Net10-LG-...Phone/29048520. It's identical to mine, though out of stock. And it's a lot cheaper than the same phone at Amazon (99.99!! )

It's listed as a Net10 phone and nothing in the description or the reviews mentions TracFone. Does anyone know if this will work with TF?

Thanks.

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DogRiverRefugee View Post
    As the title says. :-)

My phone just flat out died suddenly. Won't charge or even show that it has power of any kind. A new battery is more expensive than the phone, so I found this one at the WalMart site: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Net10-LG-...Phone/29048520. It's identical to mine, though out of stock. And it's a lot cheaper than the same phone at Amazon (99.99!! )

It's listed as a Net10 phone and nothing in the description or the reviews mentions TracFone. Does anyone know if this will work with TF?

Thanks.
    Is it in stock at your local store? There are some "reports" of some activating a Net10 phone, no probs, and others say no go.
    I don't know what the "right" factors are, phone type, location, how they tried to activate, etc...
    My (Our) Phone History AaG:
    Tracfone (Vz) since '08 < BYOP/Vzw HTC Desire 526 since '16 < Huawei Glory H868C '14 < LG800g '12? < Motorola W376g '08
    Verizon & Sprint '05 < Razr+LG Cosmos 2 & LG Optimus '05
    Alltel & Cingular '03 < A Flip '03
    AT&T '01 < A Flip '01

Feedback Score
    Yes, out of stock and has been obsolete for a long time. Not sure now, but the basic phones used to be incompatible between the TracFone companies. Only TracFone CDMA flip I see now is the ZTE Z233VL. Kinda large and you might not like it.

Feedback Score
    Thanks to both for your responses. :-)

It's out of stock at my local Walmart and the WalMart site even says it's not available within 50 miles of it. Odd, that I could get two LG 236C phones over the past 6 years or so and got each for $20 through the TF site. But now the only *available* ones are sky-high in price ($70+). The only ones showing the old, reasonable price of $20 show "out of stock." >:-(

Re: the ZTE phone, you (loboheeler) helped me out in a different thread when I was looking for a replacement phone for my mom and informed me of this model. I got it, but, unfortunately, my mom HATES that particular model. Very simplistic in some ways. Takes more button presses to accomplish what her previous phone could do in less moves. The same would be the case with mine. And it always saves the screen you're on, so whenever you open it up it's back where you were last time, even if it's in settings or something, rather than being at the main screen.

Anyway, it's precisely those "no go" reports mentioned by tracbourne that I was concerned about. I did sign up to receive notification if WalMart ever gets new 236C's in, but I'm not holding my breath. I just might have to get used to living a more austere cell phone life with the Z233VL.

The local WalMart does have this phone in, but I can't tell if it's CDMA or not. I heard any model ending in G is likely not. ??

Thanks again for your input.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The local WalMart does have this phone in, but I can't tell if it's CDMA or not. I heard any model ending in G is likely not. ??
    That phone (LG328BG) is a GSM phone. TF uses AT&T and T-Mobile for GSM phones, I'm not sure which carrier the "B" indicates, probably T-mobile.

Feedback Score
    According to Turk Forums, both the LG 328BG and 329G sold by Walmart have been AT&T. Turk looks at the full part numbers with GSM phones to see which carrier. Usually P4 for AT&T and P5 for T-Mobile.

Yes, if you see the older models the price is often ridiculous. In the last year or so the basic phones have much dwindled, especially CDMA.

Feedback Score
    My husband currently uses an LG236C from TracFone (Verizon) and he has another in the dresser drawer. That one got retired because the ringer didn't gradually get louder like his replacement one does. Is that what you are looking for? It's a double minutes for life cell.

Sent from my Moto G Play using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the further information on the phone (328BG). In the small town where I live I've had issues in the past using a GSM phone. In fact, once a TF supervisor on the phone said that, despite the search of my zip code making its various phone suggestions, I needed a CDMA phone using verizon for best results. So I guess I'll have to pass on that model.

mizwiz, yes, that's the model I have that up and died on me.

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score
    I did find a couple batteries for your phone on eBay, of course aftermarket batteries and sellers always have their own inherent risks, but if it gives you a few more months out of your phone...

Feedback Score
    Well, tracbourne, I appreciate the link, but I've been down that risky route I'm afraid. The last battery I bought through an eBay purchase turned out to last no longer than the battery in the phone I had that was having trouble (my mom's). But I will look at the offerings and keep the link in case I decide to bite the bullet a second time and buy one. Thanks. :-)

Feedback Score
    The LG 238C is being sold at Walmart for Total Wireless and Straight Talk. Not stocked in stores (in my area), but can be ship to store for free or to home for $6. Same problem of not knowing if these will activate on TracFone. You would need the ESN to find out and that is inside the packaging. Opening it up might ruin a store return, especially because it's a wrong application.

Feedback Score
    Wouldn't the ESN be on the box?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Wouldn't the ESN be on the box?
    I don't have a basic phone package to compare, but the smartphones don't have the ESN on the outside. It's on the red activation card inside the package. You have to break the seals to open the package.

Feedback Score
    Don't they scan the ESN barcode when you buy a phone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Don't they scan the ESN barcode when you buy a phone?
    The bar code that get's scanned at purchase has the ESN, but you can't see it. It goes into the TF system to show the phone was legitimately purchased. To see if a phone can be activated you have to know the ESN.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast