Thread: Voice and data at the same time?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Voice and data at the same time?

Hey Guys

Can you use voice and data at the same time with Verizon? Assuming on an iphone.

Thanks

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yes. Turn on VoLTE or HD Voice. Whatever Apple calls it

Sent from my SM-G935U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O (AT&T), Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Yes, you need to have "Voice & Data" turned on under the cellular tab in settings. The only problem is VoLTE can be problematic depending on where you live. You will hear others just fine, but they may have trouble hearing you. (Can you hear me now . . . . )

Just turned VoLTE off on my aunts LG 5 this past weekend for that reason. I personally consider "VoLTE/Advanced Calling" more of a step backwards than forward.

I switched to AT&T because of Verizon VoLTE reliability issues & an unresolved 1x dead spot in a previously good area. Couldn't be happier.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Moving back to Pocatello, ID in 2018
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8, LG V30, Google Pixel 2, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Yes, you need to have "Voice & Data" turned on under the cellular tab in settings. The only problem is VoLTE can be problematic depending on where you live. You will hear others just fine, but they may have trouble hearing you. (Can you hear me now . . . . )

Just turned VoLTE off on my aunts LG 5 this past weekend for that reason. I personally consider "VoLTE/Advanced Calling" more of a step backwards than forward.

I switched to AT&T because of Verizon VoLTE reliability issues & an unresolved 1x dead spot in a previously good area. Couldn't be happier.
    I've never had any issues with Verizon's VoLTE here in Northern California, or in Central California, Southern California, Western Washington, Western Oregon, Northern Nevada, Northern Utah or Southeastern Idaho. As for the rest of the US, I can't say, but from what I hear from others Verizon's VoLTE is generally very reliable across the US.

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O (AT&T), Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    I've never had any issues with Verizon's VoLTE here in Northern California, or in Central California, Southern California, Western Washington, Western Oregon, Northern Nevada, Northern Utah or Southeastern Idaho. As for the rest of the US, I can't say, but from what I hear from others Verizon's VoLTE is generally very reliable across the US.
    Unfortunately not here in Washington DC metro area. I've turned it off on at least 10 Verizon phones. The iPhone SE had the most issues of all the phones.

I even had trouble with a Verizon LTE site right across the street in downtown DC (19th & K Streets, NW) No problem for days & then all of a sudden people on the other end said I sounded garbled. My guess was a congested cell.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Moving back to Pocatello, ID in 2018
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8, LG V30, Google Pixel 2, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Unfortunately not here in Washington DC metro area. I've turned it off on at least 10 Verizon phones. The iPhone SE had the most issues of all the phones.
    That's not good, I can understand why you switched! Whereabouts in DC? I lived in Silver Spring for a couple of years, but I haven't been back there since 1992.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    Works nearly flawlessly in the NYC metro and areas I’ve traveled to. I don’t think it’s up to 1x reliability as a whole but they’re making huge strides adding density

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I haven't had any issues with VoLTE either in ~1.5 - 2 years here in Colorado Springs which is well known for being one of the worst cities for cell reception due to the terrain. I also travel for work a lot (1-2 trips per month) and haven't had a single issue with VoLTE anywhere in the U.S. that I've traveled. When VoLTE first rolled out for Verizon (September 2014) I would drop calls often and had to turn off Advanced Calling/HD Voice/VoLTE but it works fine now - and call clarity is MUCH better than 1x.

Seems odd that it doesn't work well for some people. Perhaps you need to upgrade your phones if you are having issues.

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have zero issues with volte in nyc.

Sent from my Galaxy S8+ using the HoFo app