Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Google voice sms down again?

Feedback Score

Google voice sms down again?

I'm not getting sms from other people, just tried texting my gv# from my 2 carrier sims (at&t and T-mobile) and nothing, short code for my PayPal balance works though, anybody else?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    I'm not getting sms from other people, just tried texting my gv# from my 2 carrier sims (at&t and T-mobile) and nothing, short code for my PayPal balance works though, anybody else?
    I'm currently successfully sending/receiving texts with people on T-Mobile, Vzw, and a radio station contest short code. Last night I successfully received a text from my bank's automated system sent from a short code.

Have you checked voice.google.com to see if the texts are there? Or hangouts.google.com if you're using Hangouts?

Feedback Score
    I just tested both of mine.
    Texts are pictures are sending and receiving just as they should.

Sent from my Magnificent Moto E4
    *After All, There Is Nothing Real Outside Our Perception Of Reality, Is There?*

Feedback Score
    I can send and receive sms text to my GV number. Are you not getting text delivered to your phone or are you not getting text delivered to voice.google.com ?

Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just ported over from t-mobile and I throight maybe my port was bad couldn't get calls or text so verizon changed my number it was working and today nothing not good every one I know has my Google number

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son

Feedback Score
    I'm talking about texts from other people to my gv number, neither the gv app or hangouts are receiving them.

Sent from my R1 HD using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bob-st View Post
    I can send and receive sms text to my GV number. Are you not getting text delivered to your phone or are you not getting text delivered to voice.google.com ?
    We're waiting for the answer to that question, which I already asked above.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I'm talking about texts from other people to my gv number, neither the gv app or hangouts are receiving them.

But can you at least answer the question I asked above?

Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I'm currently successfully sending/receiving texts with people on T-Mobile, Vzw, and a radio station contest short code. Last night I successfully received a text from my bank's automated system sent from a short code.

Have you checked voice.google.com to see if the texts are there? Or hangouts.google.com if you're using Hangouts?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by manofstill2012 View Post
    I just ported over from t-mobile and I throight maybe my port was bad couldn't get calls or text so verizon changed my number it was working and today nothing not good every one I know has my Google number

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Ummm...what?

Feedback Score
    We're waiting for the answer to that question, which I already asked above.
    Oh the web based Google voice, no nothing there either. So texts aren't being delivered to my Google voice on any platform. People sending texts from Verizon, TMobile, at&t to my gv number are mia. Short codes, at least PayPal is working though.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Oh the web based Google voice, no nothing there either. So texts aren't being delivered to my Google voice on any platform. People sending texts from Verizon, TMobile, at&t to my gv number are mia. Short codes, at least PayPal is working though.
    But you mentioned Hangouts. Which one are you using?

Feedback Score
    But you mentioned Hangouts. Which one are you using?
    I was using Hangouts when I noticed it wasn't working, switched to GV to see if that worked. Same thing. This happened last month or so and the texts were permanently lost.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Texting to/from gv/cricket works normally. Texts are not forwarded but rather coming/going to the actual cell # from gv using the website and/or gv android app.

Other issues with gv/obi started yesterday. Several threads already on the obi forum. Seems some kind of dns changes but doesn't affect everyone, or even those using hangouts or a pbx.

Feedback Score
    Well. It's working now, about 6 hours down and anything sent in those 6 hours never made it, I sometimes wonder if gv isn't down more than once a month. I've had people here and there asking me why I didn't respond to them, most are on iOS iMessage, they are used to the reliable delivery😁

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well. It's working now, about 6 hours down and anything sent in those 6 hours never made it, I sometimes wonder if gv isn't down more than once a month. I've had people here and there asking me why I didn't respond to them, most are on iOS iMessage, they are used to the reliable delivery��
    have u updated GV app? sometimes u need to uninstall the app and delete all the data from GV app then reinstall...sometimes turning the phone of and on helps as well..
    Sign up for Ibotta, the app that really helps you save money on item's you already buy, click on the link below to get a $10 bonus! After $20 you can send the funds to a PayPal account or a gift card (wal-mart,target,giant eagle etc)

https://www.ibotta.com/r/vkubwkv

Don't have Ibotta? download it here:

Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ibotta.android

iPhone https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibotta/id559887125

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast