Thread: Verizon LTE down in Mendocino County (rural Northwestern California)

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Moving back to Pocatello, ID in 2018
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8, LG V30, Google Pixel 2 XL, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Unhappy Verizon LTE down in Mendocino County (rural Northwestern California)

Here in Redwood Valley, I'm bouncing back and forth between a weak Verizon 1X/EVDO signal and roaming on strong U.S. Cellular EVDO for data and 1X for voice, thank goodness for in-market roaming. The MonoPine near me, which has USCC and Verizon panels on it, seems to broadcast LTE, EVDO and 1X with USCC, but apparently only LTE with Verizon, that would explain the weak 1X and EVDO coming from VZ, as without that MonoPine, the Verizon service in this part of Redwood Valley isn't very good.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Moving back to Pocatello, ID in 2018
    Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just had LTE pop back up for a few seconds, then it went back just as quickly, hopefully that means they're working on it.

Edit - I wonder if this is due to some kind of work they're doing on the sites on Laughlin Ridge between here and Willits (Ridgewood Summit, highest point on all of US 101), some cell and communications sites and equipment on it took some serious damage in the recent fires here, and one or more were destroyed, so maybe they had to take some equipment offline while repairs are done, just a thought. If anybody has any more info, post it up.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Now I've lost EVDO from USCC, I only get 1X on USCC and 1X and EVDO on VZ, and other than a little web browsing, the connections are completely unstable and unusable, forget a speed test lol I'm on Wifi at my place so I'm good, but tomorrow when I go out, that may be a problem.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well, they must have finally fixed the issue, or the maintenance or repair work is done, I've got my LTE back

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    Well, they must have finally fixed the issue, or the maintenance or repair work is done, I've got my LTE back
    They may have added another band on your tower or perhaps they swapped antennas out. When you can drive by the site and see

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    They may have added another band on your tower or perhaps they swapped antennas out. When you can drive by the site and see

Good point, I was wondering if maybe something like that was up. I'll have to drive up to it, though, it's a MonoPine up on a ridge top, and other than when the sun shines juuuuust right on it, you can't see it from US 101, it's in the middle of a bunch of pine and Oak trees, no worries, it'll give me something to do on break tomorrow Here it is in Google Maps https://goo.gl/maps/ku5vcA5As5U2 Physically/As the Crow flies, it's only 1.05 miles from my house, but it's a 2.3 mile, 7 minute winding trip to get to it, but then, a trip that isn't twisty and turny up here is rare
    Last edited by ilvla2; 11-02-2017 at 08:16 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    Good point, I was wondering if maybe something like that was up. I'll have to drive up to it, though, it's a MonoPine up on a ridge top, and other than when the sun shines juuuuust right on it, you can't see it from US 101, it's in the middle of a bunch of pine and Oak trees, no worries, it'll give me something to do on break tomorrow Here it is in Google Maps https://goo.gl/maps/ku5vcA5As5U2 Physically/As the Crow flies, it's only 1.05 miles from my house, but it's a 2.3 mile, 7 minute winding trip to get to it, but then, a trip that isn't twisty and turny up here is rare
    Haha! Check field test in the coming days and see if any bands were added

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Haha! Check field test in the coming days and see if any bands were added
    It has been broadcasting 4 and 13, I bet they added 2, or maybe 5, that'd be awesome! I'll post up some pics of it, you can see it okay when you look on Google Maps in 3D, though it still isn't the same as being there in person hehe