Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cricket 2017 Black Friday Sales?

Feedback Score

Cricket 2017 Black Friday Sales?

Hey all ,sorry if this was posted already but I'm trying to see if there will be any Black Friday deals this year. I got my current Galaxy S6 for half off online in 2015 on Black Friday . I'm looking to get the S8 this year if they have a similar promotion. Does anyone know when this news will come out and is it usually in store or online only? Thanks.

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Was S6 top of the line back then?

Note 8 this year?

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto X 2014
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If I recall correctly, Cricket for Black Friday 2015 had some good deals on phones so I kept open eye on them for 2016 but there was nothing great.

Itd be nice to have another great phone deal this BF but it seems like Cricket is done trying to entice people with phones. Their whole crop of new phones have been awful.

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO G, Iphone 6 On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I think the past couple of years Cricket actually had a better deal on phone's for Cyber Monday. Unless I'm mis-remembering.

Feedback Score
    last year was lackluster. the s6 was the same discounted price as the year prior. i remember the good old days when they had $100 port in credit per line, which i think they didn't have last year

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    last year was lackluster. the s6 was the same discounted price as the year prior. i remember the good old days when they had $100 port in credit per line, which i think they didn't have last year
    Yep. That's when and why I came to Cricket back in May/June 2016.

I think I spent less than $200 out of pocket for a couple of nice phones (Idol 3, X Power) and about 16 months of service. The porting incentives and Cricket Rewards paid the rest.

I ported out about a month ago but still have about $100 in Cricket prepaid cards and enough in Mplus/Cricket rewards for about $100 more.

Hopefully they have some good deals upcoming.

Black Friday, Cyber Monday; doesn't matter.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I agree, I think Cricket was way more aggressive end of 2015 / first half of 2016, with port-in credits. Now they have all disappeared, and they seem to be less competitive. I really doubt we see anything good for 2017 but hopefully we get something.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    I agree, I think Cricket was way more aggressive end of 2015 / first half of 2016, with port-in credits. Now they have all disappeared, and they seem to be less competitive. I really doubt we see anything good for 2017 but hopefully we get something.
    Perhaps to get customers to the brand still being fairly new, I know, unless they're a welfare contractor?

Feedback Score
    I got the GS6 in 2015 Cyber Monday too. Those were the days. Last year they had the S7 but it was like $349 or something

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    I agree completely. I've been with Cricket (Aio) for around 4-5 years. Since AT&T took over 2-3 years ago, the value has been deteriorating. The Cyber Monday deals go back to the days of Aio. As I recall, when AT&T bought Leap Wireless Cricket, they continued Cricket's practice of offering deeply discounted phones at the holidays. The first year or so under AT&T management, things were good. They started the 5 lines for $100 which was and may still be the best value in prepaid wireless. But the past couple of years have resulted in higher fees and take aways for consumers.

Feedback Score
    I would hope they do another 50% off cyber monday deal. But the upgrade fee for existing customers hurts the value a bit. Has anyone found a way around that?

Although with the plan and terms changes of late, I wouldn't assume any sale they've done in the past is a given this year.

Device(s)
    Moto X 2014
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if you’re on the grandfathered 5 lines for $100 and you take advantage of some Cricket phone sale for one of your lines, will you be switched to the new group plan?

Device(s)
    Samsung GS7, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    I got the GS6 in 2015 Cyber Monday too. Those were the days. Last year they had the S7 but it was like $349 or something
    That's right. I got my S7 on Cyber Monday for $325.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoose View Post
    That's right. I got my S7 on Cyber Monday for $325.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using HoFo mobile app
    The iPhone SE seems to be just as good or better.?

Sent from my R1 HD using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thefisch View Post
    I would hope they do another 50% off cyber monday deal. But the upgrade fee for existing customers hurts the value a bit. Has anyone found a way around that?

Although with the plan and terms changes of late, I wouldn't assume any sale they've done in the past is a given this year.
    It's $25, not $250.

Sent from my R1 HD using HoFo mobile app

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast