Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Have I made a dreadful mistake?

Feedback Score
    Just got done talking ("chatting") with Apple. They swear there is no reason their unlocked phone wont work on the CDMA portion of Trakfone unless it is on trakfone's end.
    So trakfone can't do it
    Or they won't; I am a lousy customer; have a huge stockpile of minutes; which I use when I am traveling, touch only lightly when home. Not a money maker for them.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mbb04915 View Post
    Big trouble! Seems I bought the wrong hardware after all.
    Finally got the sim card they sent me and it isfor Tmobile! On phone got to a higher level of tech support and was informed that to use verizon network on trakfone it is necesary to purchase a verizon compatible iphone! Arghhh!
    Why didn't you just buy a $1 SIM card kit from a local retailer and use the Vzw SIM card from that kit as already mentioned above!?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

Have I made a dreadful mistake?

Yeah the iPhone (hardware) is fine. Not sure why they would send you a Tmobile sim.
    Why not use a Verizon prepay or mvno and avoid tracfone?
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Feedback Score
    I have tried to, twice. They will not activate a CDMA SIM for my phone. Now they say it can not be done.

Feedback Score
    Sorry misunderstood you post Yes, Verizon prepay is backup B. Just that Trakfone is much more cost effective. (And maybe you get what you pay for?!?)

Feedback Score
    On phone got to a higher level of tech support and was informed that to use verizon network on trakfone it is necesary to purchase a verizon compatible iphone! Arghhh!
    Maybe the phone is not being recognized by Verizon? You might try their compatibility checker.
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/brin...e/#checkDevice

or
    https://swappa.com/esn
    http://www.howardforums.com/

Feedback Score
    If I were in this boat, I would spend $5.63 on this broken Verizon phone on eBay:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/LG-Spectrum-V...r/192350742553

You wouldn't even have to wait for the phone to be shipped, because you can read the IMEI off one of the pictures. I would activate the SIM online with a $10 card and stick it in the iPhone. No need to deal with a CSR.

Then, if the SIM doesn't work in that iPhone, return it to Apple because it's broken.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rchang View Post
    If I were in this boat, I would spend $5.63 on this broken Verizon phone on eBay:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/LG-Spectrum-V...r/192350742553

You wouldn't even have to wait for the phone to be shipped, because you can read the IMEI off one of the pictures. I would activate the SIM online with a $10 card and stick it in the iPhone. No need to deal with a CSR.

Then, if the SIM doesn't work in that iPhone, return it to Apple because it's broken.
    That eBay phone is an old model with a Mini SIM. Need a nano here. A SIM swap will not do if the OP wants to use all their airtime.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    That eBay phone is an old model with a Mini SIM. Need a nano here. A SIM swap will not do if the OP wants to use all their airtime.
    But the OP just needs to use the IMEI of the ebay broken phone to activate a BYOP nano CDMA SIM (with a transfer), then put the SIM into her iPhone. Like rchang said, you can see the IMEI in one of the pictures in the ebay listing. An unscrupluous person can just use that number without buying the item.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    But the OP just needs to use the IMEI of the ebay broken phone to activate a BYOP nano CDMA SIM (with a transfer), then put the SIM into her iPhone. Like rchang said, you can see the IMEI in one of the pictures in the ebay listing. An unscrupluous person can just use that number without buying the item.
    Yer right about just needing an IMEI for a full service transfer. Duh on me! The eBay seller was not very smart showing the phone info. Their history is mostly as a buyer, and not a seller. Stealing the IMEI might not be a problem unless the real buyer wanted to activate on a TracFone company. For that cheap price it should be bought.

Feedback Score
    Nine days , five substantive sessions with customer service at Trac Fone and one online chat to Apple and the iphone 7 is now functional with trakfone. What a marathon The resolution occurred only because Trak fone themselves finally esclated the problem up their technical skill heirarchy.

The take away? Get support and comfort from good folks at Howard Forums. Persistence and infinite patience (and the ability to be without a phone for 9 mobile days!)

Thank you every one

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Nine days , five substantive sessions with customer service at Trac Fone and one online chat to Apple and the iphone 7 is now functional with trakfone. What a marathon The resolution occurred only because Trak fone themselves finally esclated the problem up their technical skill heirarchy.

The take away? Get support and comfort from good folks at Howard Forums. Persistence and infinite patience (and the ability to be without a phone for 9 mobile days!)

Thank you every one
    "Persistence and infinite patience"

I think that's the key, if you ever encounter an issue!

I'm glad you got it working!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

Thank you every one
    Still not sure what they did to fix this for others who may come across this.

Feedback Score
    The resolution occurred only because Trak fone themselves finally esclated the problem up their technical skill heirarchy.
    Was there any indication towards the end what they were doing, or just an "OK it's working now"? As blacksurfer said, we here would like to know.

Feedback Score
    In summary, a wild good chase on the wrong network, followed by some true technical tech skill once on the right network

There seemed to be two levels of problem
    The first level may have been initiated my me when I in error activated a T mobile sim. For some reason that may have resulted in two fruitless phone sessions to convince CS that GSM was useless to me and that I needed CDMA, regardless of what their flowchart said in front of them. (they kept trying to send me new GSM sim cards!) The second level of diffiulty was the actual activation of CDMA which apparently was a tad tricky and apparently was not dead simple. The first CS to try this manouever failed and abandoned me saying he would call back but of course, he did not. Finally, The last fellow I dealt with seemed quite savvy and he had to try several times over a 15 minute period to get the phone to send and recieve calls,and this a full 24 hours after the phone was showing good reception of CDMA.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast