Thread: Data reset is gone?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    What?? Option??
    Yes. It now gives you the option to make the change effective immediately or at the start of your next cycle. You're still limited to 2 changes per cycle, and a schedule change at the start of the cycle counts as one of the 2 changes allowed for the new cycle in which it takes effect.

I was on 4GB, upgraded to unlimited immediately, and then downgraded to 5gb immediately the next day and everything reset and was charged as usual. The switcharoo is alive and well.

Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon variant)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    Hot dang....we get option now , the plot gets thicker lol ...Cricket is the sh..

Feedback Score
    Thought they were cracking down on this. Now they give you the option. That's interesting.

Feedback Score
    anyone else try this?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwfreak View Post
    I upgrade from $30 to $40 plan 5 days before my billing cycle to get the $5 autopay discount. I then switch back to $30 plan after $5 credit is applied. So I usually get the 1GB plan for $25.33. My data always resets but I don't do it for the data. I do it for the discount. Doing it now should cost me $26.66 but now includes 2GB. I plan to do it at the end of my cycle this month to see if data resets and to see how much I will get billed after downgrading. Just wondering if I'll get billed for $40 or $30 since the downgrade won't take effect until next billing cycle. Technically I'm still on the $40 plan when my credit card gets billed 2 days before billing cycle. It will be interesting to see how cricket's system will manage this.
    This is ****ing baller. I was just maxing out the Cricket rewards by spoofing my GPS location, but this is pure gold.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    With the unlimited2 plan there’s no more switching plans for me. I guess I’ll read a book
    Get cheap calling cards to call anywhere in the world! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    With the unlimited2 plan there’s no more switching plans for me. I guess I’ll read a book
    You were one of the big opponents at the start of this thread. Do you think Cricket has changed something? DTVNow? I haven't had any noticeable issues myself, but I was happy with 4GB and just let my daughter QQ. My biggest complaint is I wish I could upgrade my primary line or any really to the $60 plan for $5 more. I didn't tell the others it was unlimited or 3Mbps now, and haven't heard a peep. I however can tether if I wanted and have VPN access. I don't think the average user could do enough damage to make this not a great move financially and TONS would do it for $5 out of principle because they have only a rudimentary understanding of what internet speeds actually mean.

Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon variant)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score

Data reset is gone?

Cricket only 7-8 millions versus AT&T 134 millions subs, nothing will affect main bread butter, you can plan trick or whatever till cows come home, nothin nothing will affect them....Cricket is growing steadily but no way to outpace postpaid...134 millions.
    Also only people who frequent this forum care about resetting, outside nothing happens. I told my friends about this, nobody pays attention as long as internet and phone work, bill fixed low monthly..... life moves on as usual....lol.....it’s good for everybody

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwfreak View Post
    I upgrade from $30 to $40 plan 5 days before my billing cycle to get the $5 autopay discount. I then switch back to $30 plan after $5 credit is applied. So I usually get the 1GB plan for $25.33. My data always resets but I don't do it for the data. I do it for the discount. Doing it now should cost me $26.66 but now includes 2GB. I plan to do it at the end of my cycle this month to see if data resets and to see how much I will get billed after downgrading. Just wondering if I'll get billed for $40 or $30 since the downgrade won't take effect until next billing cycle. Technically I'm still on the $40 plan when my credit card gets billed 2 days before billing cycle. It will be interesting to see how cricket's system will manage this.
    Does this trick still work? If so 25 for 2 gigs is a great deal!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Does this trick still work? If so 25 for 2 gigs is a great deal!
    It would actually be 4GB now. If I was solo or paid my bill out of my owns funds I'd for sure be doing it this way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    It would actually be 4GB now. If I was solo or paid my bill out of my owns funds I'd for sure be doing it this way.
    Oh your right my bad lol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Oh your right my bad lol
    I am curious the answer myself, most of my friends won't bother thoough. They are weird about their cheapskate-ness. I've been making my wife spoof GPS and play games the games to get ours free. It isn't like she had anything else going on...

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    I am curious the answer myself, most of my friends won't bother thoough. They are weird about their cheapskate-ness. I've been making my wife spoof GPS and play games the games to get ours free. It isn't like she had anything else going on...
    It's too late now, but what's this spoofing GPS? How many points can you really get?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    You were one of the big opponents at the start of this thread. Do you think Cricket has changed something? DTVNow? I haven't had any noticeable issues myself, but I was happy with 4GB and just let my daughter QQ. My biggest complaint is I wish I could upgrade my primary line or any really to the $60 plan for $5 more. I didn't tell the others it was unlimited or 3Mbps now, and haven't heard a peep. I however can tether if I wanted and have VPN access. I don't think the average user could do enough damage to make this not a great move financially and TONS would do it for $5 out of principle because they have only a rudimentary understanding of what internet speeds actually mean.
    It will be interesting to see what's next. Will they raise prices after the new year? How will the repeal of net neutrality affect us?
    It's been a wild ride in 2017....looking forward to a great 2018!

Feedback Score
    "Fake Location" I downloaded it and added 25 waypoints of various Cricket stores. Then each day I would click each waypoint and get 30 points. Used to be 50 which got nerfed. That was 750 daily. Then play the games. Used to be 3 times a day. The Miles for Smiles and Basketball game would net you 110 points each play if you clicked the FaceBook link and let it load. Then the race car game would weirdly give you 130 points if you did the FB thing. Those were down to 2 a day each, but equaled 700 points. Every 6-7 days you'd get $5 off. Plus autopay. Plus daily check in. Plus check in maven. Plus continuous bill pay. It took 5-10 minutes a day per line.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast