Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Data reset is gone?

Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon variant)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score

Data reset is gone?

Look like data reset for same month plan changes is gone. Has anyone tried it?
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1509888643.209675.jpg
Views: 886
Size:  99.4 KB

Feedback Score
    Not going to try since I am on the grandfathered group save plan. But if that doesn't concern you, it should still work - it just costs more now as you can't save by dropping the plan back down before the end of the cycle.

Device(s)
    Moto X 2014
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yes. The reset loophole has been closed. And if you are grandfathered in with the 4 or 5 lines for $100, and you make any change, you will be switched to the new rate structure.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    It’s the matter of time, but I miss $45/8GB plan, at least they still have unlimited(22GB) available for $55, not too bad. Who will sign for 3 Mbps new plan? I don’t

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    It’s the matter of time, but I miss $45/8GB plan, at least they still have unlimited(22GB) available for $55, not too bad. Who will sign for 3 Mbps new plan? I don’t
    For single line what about switching to the gophone plan? $45 gets you 6Gb without the castrated throttle, and rollover data. Unless you use close to 8 every month, maybe the 6 with rollover would be on par?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score
    I upgrade from $30 to $40 plan 5 days before my billing cycle to get the $5 autopay discount. I then switch back to $30 plan after $5 credit is applied. So I usually get the 1GB plan for $25.33. My data always resets but I don't do it for the data. I do it for the discount. Doing it now should cost me $26.66 but now includes 2GB. I plan to do it at the end of my cycle this month to see if data resets and to see how much I will get billed after downgrading. Just wondering if I'll get billed for $40 or $30 since the downgrade won't take effect until next billing cycle. Technically I'm still on the $40 plan when my credit card gets billed 2 days before billing cycle. It will be interesting to see how cricket's system will manage this.

Feedback Score
    This is a big deal.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    For single line what about switching to the gophone plan? $45 gets you 6Gb without the castrated throttle, and rollover data. Unless you use close to 8 every month, maybe the 6 with rollover would be on par?
    Att prepaid doesn’t have enough incentive for me to switch, Cricket still have 22GB @8 Mbps that’s big deal for traveling to Mex-Can, all Att prepaid 22GB glimpsed to 3 Mbps I don’t want that.
    Not much of incentive to move around on same towers and network. Everything with Cricket works well for me and others

Device(s)
    Moto X 2014
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Has the loophole been closed or just tightened a bit?

If I’m on a single $40 plan and I’m running out of data, I can’t switch to the $30 plan and then switch back to the $40 plan to get a fresh 4/5 GB of data since the downgrade to $30 won’t take place until your new month ends.

But what if I switch to a higher plan instead of a lower one? If I choose the $60 unlimited plan, will the data change happen immediately? Then I wait a day and change back to the $40 plan. The new conditions state that the $40 won’t take effect until the new month, so I assume that I will be charged the prorated amount for the $60 plan? If I make the change with one week left in my plan, the prorated charge for the $40 plan would be $10. For the $60 plan, it would be $15. So would I get unlimited data for the last week of my plan for an extra $5?

Does that sound reasonable or am I totally misinterpreting the changes.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hooked View Post

If I’m on a single $40 plan and I’m running out of data, I can’t switch to the $30 plan and then switch back to the $40 plan to get a fresh 4/5 GB of data since the downgrade to $30 won’t take place until your new month ends.

But what if I switch to a higher plan instead of a lower one? If I choose the $60 unlimited plan, will the data change happen immediately? Then I wait a day and change back to the $40 plan. The new conditions state that the $40 won’t take effect until the new month, so I assume that I will be charged the prorated amount for the $60 plan? If I make the change with one week left in my plan, the prorated charge for the $40 plan would be $10. For the $60 plan, it would be $15. So would I get unlimited data for the last week of my plan for an extra $5?

If I read Crickets terms on this correctly, if you shift mid cycle into a cheaper plan, it won't become effective until the first day of your next scheduled billing date. I would suspect that if you go to a more expensive plan you will be billed and it will take effect immediately.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

Nov 12th is the effective date of when you have to wait until the next billing cycle when you downgrade your plan.
    Get cheap calling cards to call anywhere in the world! Click here!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score
    So would I get unlimited data for the last week of my plan for an extra $5?

Yes. That's how it should work.

My question is whether cricket will bill you $60 or $40 your next billing cycle. So you upgrade to $60 one week before cycle end. Pay $5 for upgrade. Immediately downgrade to $40 plan that does not take effect until next billing cycle. Cricket autopay bills you 2 days before cycle end while you are still on $60 plan. Does cricket autopay bill $40 or $60?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    Just reset to see new 5 GB on new $40 plan
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1510156800.121932.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  34.9 KB

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    Just reset to see new 5 GB on new $40 plan
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1510156800.121932.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  34.9 KB
    But the billing changes aren't in effect yet?

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    I upgraded to $60 plan and downgraded to $40 same day, it prorated like old way, by the 12th thing will get different i m sure, just want to see new 5gb on new plan, you can reset till the 11th after that you gotta wait till new cycle to see your cheaper plan in effect.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast