Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How long can Sprint last

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score

How long can Sprint last

With the potential TMobile deal over, how long can Sprint last if current metrics continue?
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/412...int-final-blow
    Sent from my windows phone

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile was "on the ropes" up until the merger with AT&T failed to win approval. After that, they got serious and started to build a network. Other than debt, there's no reason Sprint can't do the same. The debt is a big issue. Unfortunately, the deal was not shot down by regulators; Sprint and T-Mobile walked away. If it had been shot down, T-Mobile would have given Sprint a favorable roaming deal, which might have helped tide Sprint over.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Nexus 6p,iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    as long as softbank can last.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    Yes this.

And I say Softbank can move around debt & keep Sprint going for at least ten years.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I don't think sprint is going anywhere anytime soon.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    T-Mobile was "on the ropes" up until the merger with AT&T failed to win approval. After that, they got serious and started to build a network. Other than debt, there's no reason Sprint can't do the same. The debt is a big issue. Unfortunately, the deal was not shot down by regulators; Sprint and T-Mobile walked away. If it had been shot down, T-Mobile would have given Sprint a favorable roaming deal, which might have helped tide Sprint over.
    In serious defense of Tmo and Spring when their merger deals fell through - Tmo got a LOT.

They got cash (billions). They got very useful spectrum (helped launched LTE). They got roaming too which I'd argue was the least helpful.

I see everyone saying Sprint will be floated by Softbank. For how long? Spring has 'a lot' of subs - but they are in last. They have revenue, but if you make billions but owe billions more, does that count for as much? Not really.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

How long can Sprint last

Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    In serious defense of Tmo and Spring when their merger deals fell through - Tmo got a LOT.

They got cash (billions). They got very useful spectrum (helped launched LTE). They got roaming too which I'd argue was the least helpful.

I see everyone saying Sprint will be floated by Softbank. For how long? Spring has 'a lot' of subs - but they are in last. They have revenue, but if you make billions but owe billions more, does that count for as much? Not really.
    Sprint is pretty much at the point TMO was when the AT&T-TMO deal fell through. They're floundering but have all the pieces there ready to be put in place and start working. They don't have the cash and spectrum TMO got but they do have spectrum and they still have SoftBank. They just need aggressive execution now.

As for the debt, if SoftBank is truly devoted to making Sprint succeed on its own then they will figure out a way to move forward and not let the debt stand in the way.

Feedback Score
    Sprint on its own wouldn't last very long, they have Softbank to bankroll them for decades. Softbank should look for a new management team willing to be more aggressive. Marcelo ain't the guy to shake things up. They need a John Legere to change the game.

Feedback Score
    Did sprint transfer it frequency holdings and other assets to companies owned by softbank. To me it looks like sprint can wipe its 30 billion dollar debt in bankruptcy. Can softbank buy up t-mobile stock and then merge both companies?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tritron7 View Post
    Did sprint transfer it frequency holdings and other assets to companies owned by softbank. To me it looks like sprint can wipe its 30 billion dollar debt in bankruptcy. Can softbank buy up t-mobile stock and then merge both companies?
    Yes I want to know this too. Is this Son's play in the sale/leaseback?

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tritron7 View Post
    ......Can softbank buy up t-mobile stock and then merge both companies?
    Like Sprint, T-Mobile has a single, majority (65%) shareholder (Deutsche Telekom). You can buy up all the stock on the market and still not control the company unless DT decides to sell their shares.

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    As long as Softbank's shareholders don't mutiny.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by actinic View Post
    As long as Softbank's shareholders don't mutiny.
    https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/05/...ake-in-sprint/

Doesn't seem to be an issue. Sprint can last as long as son wants it to last.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    As of Oct 5th on Antenna Search Sprint believe it or not has actually added new arrays on 4 towers along Rt. 60 and on 1 tower in the town of Meadow Bridge in Southeast WV. They just about have all of USCC's Eastern WV Market​ covered. Before long USCC LTE roaming won't be needed on Sprint here. They are of course maintained by Shentel who runs Sprint here.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post

T-Mo got $3 billion in cash and $1 billion in spectrum from AT&T when that proposed merger failed. Without that $4 billion, I doubt that T-Mo would have been able to grow to where they are now as approaching becoming a credible competitor to Verizon and AT&T.

That is mixing the income statement with the balance sheet.

They have revenue (sales) but not income (profit) - No profitable years since 2006.

They have assets, but have excessive liabilities (debt).

Accounting 101 was not a waste of time after all.

Softbank has revealed plans to increase ts stake in Sprint just in the past few days.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/05/...ake-in-sprint/

This bodes well for Sprint to try to become a profitable carrier again. It's going to be difficult in the saturated wireless market. It would have been impossible without a capital infusion.

JMHO

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast